Official "When did MJ wear those??" post and FAQs!!

Hi guys!.....WHAT IS THAT???????
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by dkonstantinos

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Wow, this brings back fuzzy memories, the name of the sneakers elude me but I distinctly recall Finley wearing those in Dallas. Nice pic, thanks.

Originally Posted by ijapino

I'm pretty sure he played the entire game wearing the I's.
laugh.gif

roll.gif

I like the statement "pretty sure" followed w/ the video with visual evidence to back up the argument.

I stand corrected.
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by mike23theking

Originally Posted by ijapino

I'm pretty sure he played the entire game wearing the I's.
laugh.gif

roll.gif

I like the statement "pretty sure" followed w/ the video with visual evidence to back up the argument.

I stand corrected.
embarassed.gif
I was about 90% sure, but then it started bugging me....So I went back and found the video footage from youtube.

Damn, that game literally started the idea of regularly releasing retros of Jordans. Damn you Amahd Rashad. I remember him constantly talking about those 1's during the game
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by btlgrnd

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Wow, this brings back fuzzy memories, the name of the sneakers elude me but I distinctly recall Finley wearing those in Dallas. Nice pic, thanks.

I had those back in the day. I dont remember the name but they were some kind of team jordans.

....and what about these XIII's ??? Have you ever seen them before ???

Don't doubt the XIII's are real, but that has to be a photoshopped pic

That pic was ps'ed by ESPN. And I'm talking about the players, Jordan's Wiz uniform AND the XIII's.

Attaq

A friend of mine says that MJ's OG SpaceJams that he wore in the '95 playoffs featured a concord purple jumpman on the back as opposed to the royal blue on the release versions.

Is this true and if so is there any up close and detailed images around?

I do know that all of them guys couldn't handle MJ when the 13s originally came out. That's what I can say about that picture lol

Originally Posted by 23RAKIM45

A friend of mine says that MJ's OG SpaceJams that he wore in the '95 playoffs featured a concord purple jumpman on the back as opposed to the royal blue on the release versions.

Is this true and if so is there any up close and detailed images around?

I believe your friend is correct. I've seen them in pics before.

What colorways of the Nike Air Jordan 1 did MJ wear on the Chicago Bulls during his first few seasons?

I know he wore the Wht/Blk/Red (High) most of the time. He wore the "Black Toes" for the '85/'86 team picture
I think but don't remember if he wore them in any NBA games. Did he? Also, I feel like he wore the Blk/Red 1 in
the dunk contest, but did he wear them during any regular season games? Not asking about any Air Ships, etc.
And not asking about any photoshoots or games outside the NBA.

Thanks

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I know there's no quotting pics, but before it gets forgotten and lost.  THESE are the Jumpman Select, as in the following picture:

select.gif

They were the third shoe in the Jordan/Jumpman besides the Air Jordan XV and the Jumpman Swift6 to feature the "tongue sticking out".  Released in 2000-01 season All-Star game, worn by Ray Allen and Michael Finley. 

And about that ESPN pic, just had to say "WOW!"  Everyone in the picture was supposed to be the "next Jordan" and in hindsight now, look how that measured up.  No one except Kobe stood the test of time, Kobe's game changed so much since his afro days as he used to be more about streetball and showtime.  Honestly, people who ever compared a VC, T-Mac or AI's handful of good season to Jordan's career was just plain stupid. 

Jumpman Select! Thanks jonas. Yeah, I also remember Ray Allen wearing those in a Bucks uni. 

Back
Top Bottom