Official "When did MJ wear those??" post and FAQs!!

Thanks Sir ijapino..... nice pics 
eek.gif
Would love to have those Fire red IVs!!! whew! That was hot!
devil.gif

Originally Posted by 23RAKIM45

you big dummy wrote:
any requests?
Jordan on the set/filming SpaceJam.

I'll have to get back to you on that
laugh.gif

its not shoe related, but I did find a couple of things

dpaakdhksk102.jpg

The Making of Space Jam

spajam1.gif

The first step of the process has Michael Jordan filmed against a "greenscreen" backdrop, with a live actor, dressed in green, standing infor Bugs Bunny. This served as a placement guide for the artist animatingBugs as well as for the artists creating the animated background. It alsoenabled Michael to make and sustain eye contact with Bugs.

spajam2.gif

This is Rough Animation, the traditional two-dimensional version of Bugs.Animation artists drew this over the stand-in. The green suit and greenbackground will later be erased during compositing.

spajam3.gif

Assistant Animation (also known as clean-up animation) replaces the roughsketch with solid lines so that it can be scanned digitally into the computer,where it will be "inked" and "painted."

spajam4.gif

Rough Effects Animation is created to give Bugs the three-dimensional qualitywhich will bring him to life with shading, highlighting and texture.

spajam5.gif

Effects Animation is the cleaned-up version of the Rough Effects Animationwhich is also scanned into the computer. Shadows and highlights are drawnin levels and then digitally composited into the final image.

spajam6.gif

The composite of the shot has a live Michael Jordan and a three-dimensionalBugs Bunny interacting as if, alas, they know each other well.

ijapino, or anyone else... 
Please post pics or video link, if you can find it, of Michael Jordan vs Corey Benjamin.  I remember seeing this interview sometime ago.  This was the season after his retirement from his 6th championship, he visited the Bulls practice facility playing 1on1 with CB.  He was interviewed afterwards about a possible comeback- this was before he had any ownership in the Wizards.  

He was wearing the Jumpman Team Post in black and white.  

Please post pics of MJ wearing the white cement 3's during the 1988 NBA Slam Dunk contest... TIA
smile.gif

Peeps... you are all the best
eek.gif

QUESTION... did MJ wear in any event/occasion the AJ 6 Rings? Can someone post pics... thanks in advance
frown.gif

Originally Posted by jonas c8891

ijapino, or anyone else... 
Please post pics or video link, if you can find it, of Michael Jordan vs Corey Benjamin.  I remember seeing this interview sometime ago.  This was the season after his retirement from his 6th championship, he visited the Bulls practice facility playing 1on1 with CB.  He was interviewed afterwards about a possible comeback- this was before he had any ownership in the Wizards.  

He was wearing the Jumpman Team Post in black and white.  
+1

Attaq

I will never forget the first thime he broke these out in 95. Samples that Nike and Tinker did not want him to wear. Since he violated team rules and didn't wear all black shoes, The "Space James" were created. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

air-jordan-xi-throwback-11.jpg
p1.mj.jpg

Originally Posted by DMoney82

Since he violated team rules and didn't wear all black shoes, The "Space James" were created. 
But technically they can't be called 'SpaceJams', because they had concord purple on them and not royal blue, not to mention the movie itself had not even begun filming, which began that summer of 1995.

This is basically what I was trying to establish a few pages back, but no one had an answer!

IMHO the black based XIs he wore in the 94-95 playoffs should be referred to as "Black Concords"!

The XIs he wore in the movie itself are of course referred to as "SpaceJams" including subsequent retros, but still nobody actually knows (or better yet has photographic evidence) if the shoes he is wearing in the movie had concord purple or royal blue on them, like the colorway released to the public. The mystery continues as well as the confusion!

Last edited:

Since he violated team rules and didn't wear all black shoes, The "Space James" were created. 
But technically they can't be called 'SpaceJams', because they had concord purple on them and not royal blue, not to mention the movie itself had not even begun filming, which began that summer of 1995.

This is basically what I was trying to establish a few pages back, but no one had an answer!

IMHO the black based XIs he wore in the 94-95 playoffs should be referred to as "Un-Concords"!

The XIs he wore in the movie itself are of course referred to as "SpaceJams" including subsequent retros, but still nobody actually knows (or better yet has photographic evidence) if the shoes he is wearing in the movie had concord purple or royal blue on them, like the colorway released to the public. The mystery continues as well as the confusion!
"Un-Concords"?....I might have to toss that in the "I never want to hear that nickname again" file....Do we call the black/cement III's the "Un-Cements"? No. It's one of the problems I have with nicknaming shoes. They start sounding stupid sometimes...

However, I get what you're saying and you're absolutely right about it. The two shoes he wore (1995 Playoffs and in the movie Space Jam) are 2 entirely different shoes. But because the shoes are so similar (with the exception of the blue/purple traction pods on the outsole, the shoes are basically the same. Black uppers/White Midsole/Clear bottoms. Thats why people will always consider the 1995 joints; "Space Jams". It's something that will probably eat at you knowing how wrong it is, but it's gotta be chalked up as a loss and move on.

It's like any new retro that comes out. Theres always gonna be something that differs from the originals. It's kinda like if we started calling the Retro True Blue III's the "un-true blue" III's since they don't have red behind the tongue like the OG's did. It's minor difference but I don't think its enough to start calling them by another name.

Originally Posted by ijapino

IMHO the black based XIs he wore in the 94-95 playoffs should be referred to as "Un-Concords"!

"Un-Concords"?....I might have to toss that in the "I never want to hear that nickname again" file....Do we call the black/cement III's the "Un-Cements"? No. It's one of the problems I have with nicknaming shoes. They start sounding stupid sometimes...

However, I get what you're saying and you're absolutely right about it. The two shoes he wore (1995 Playoffs and in the movie Space Jam) are 2 entirely different shoes. But because the shoes are so similar (with the exception of the blue/purple traction pods on the outsole, the shoes are basically the same. Black uppers/White Midsole/Clear bottoms. Thats why people will always consider the 1995 joints; "Space Jams". It's something that will probably eat at you knowing how wrong it is, but it's gotta be chalked up as a loss and move on.

It's like any new retro that comes out. Theres always gonna be something that differs from the originals. It's kinda like if we started calling the Retro True Blue III's the "un-true blue" III's since they don't have red behind the tongue like the OG's did. It's minor difference but I don't think its enough to start calling them by another name.

Un-Concords, it really sounds that bad, hah hah?!
embarassed.gif
 Seemed more sensible than "Un-SpaceJams"!
tongue.gif

It all relates to why those shoes found themselves on Michael's feet in the first place, in my humble opinion.

I just thought it was rather appropriate if you want to get all technical about it, which I find we all generally do, especially in threads like these. It also makes a lot of sense (in my world at least) considering the context by which the black/white XIs even saw the light of day in that particular playoff series! The prototype Concords breached the rules so they simply slapped a black upper on them. Without the NBA uniform law would we have even seen that particular colorway or one like it? Not likely, at least until SpaceJam was filmed.

Simply put, the Playoff XIs had concord purple, whereas the shoes he wore in the movie (allegedly) and that have been released to the public, had royal blue on them. Still no photographic proof on that movie shoe though (that I have seen so far).

Until there's some sort of visual proof I will continue to argue with one of my friends about this...

Oh and don't forget it wasn't just the herringbone traction pads on the bottom, which had the colour switched up. There is also the all important Jumpman visible on the heel! Arguably one of the most important things of all when it comes to the XIs, if you read into the furore that omitting it on last year's Anniversary XIs caused amongst collectors!

Let me edit this one last time by adding, I don't agree at all with what you're saying about the IIIs being referred to as un-this or un-that. Especially with regards to the True Blues and a change of the back of the tongue. What's that got to do with what I was trying to say? We're comparing night and day, black and white here. Not the color of the back of a tongue being the same as the original or not. Hence the reason I came up with the "stupid" tag of un- for those rehashed Concords.

Anyway, look forward to your response...

Un-Concords, it really sounds that bad, hah hah?!
embarassed.gif
 Seemed more sensible than "Un-SpaceJams"!
tongue.gif

Yes, they were technically black/concords but the "Un" branding just doesn't fit.  Going back to my original reference to the white/cement and black/cement III's. We don't call the black version the "Un-cements"..Even though they're just a blacked out version of the white pair. But thats just me. I hate nicknames all together unless they have something to do with the actual color or something MJ did in 'em.

Originally Posted by Luckyiam619

Originally Posted by luis og13s

Originally Posted by ksmith4768

383497138.jpg

man I wish JB would retro the 1s like this ^  no patent leather, no preyellowed sole KOs, just the normal jordan 1s White/Red-Black

amazing thread guys keep the pics comin!

I feel you man! those patent leather joints that dropped in the early 2000's were ok but we need these!

This is the only pair I'm waiting on! Come on JB!!

I know, the shape of OG 1s was soo nice....this thread is awesome, really good info
Did Michael ever where jordan 1 lows?

I am aware the OG "SpaceJams" from the 94-95 Playoffs featured concord purple on them and I have also seen the pictures.

My question is, did the "SpaceJams" that MJ rocked in the movie itself feature concord purple or royal blue on them, as the later public retro release did?
To my knowledge...
The playoff pair had a #45 that was stitched on beside each other (the 2000 #45 Retro Samples with blue traction pods had the 4 on top of the 5 screen printed and not stitched). The playoff pair had a purple flat Jumpman on the ankle, purple jumpman on the tongue, and purple traction pods.

The Spacejam movie pair had a #23 that was also stitched on. It also had a purple ankle jumpman, traction pods, and tongue jumpman.
This pair below belongs to Rahjelli. It was from the SpaceJam movie set. Look closely and you can see the stitched #23 and purple.
Raj, if you want me to take this pic down, shoot me a PM.

-Jermaine

Back
Top Bottom