Official Workout Thread - Questions, Answers, Input, Routines, etc. Come In

Originally Posted by armanzaballa

Originally Posted by acidicality

I actually could run outside if I wanted to at this time of year(i'm in San Diego) but i prefer going to the gym to do everything...but i might start getting into a routine where i jog to the gym and go back to my dorm, and do more weight training.

Exactly what I was thinking. I live about 2 miles from my gym. So if I run over and run back it wouldn't be a bad work out. But I know my lazy +$* could never do that consistently.

your house to the gym is WAY over two miles...more like 4...still reasonable (all down hill.....then ALL uphill ).....

most gyms have programs for FREE.. my gym CLUB ONE has a ton of free programs where you just show up to....
as for armanzaballa....we do have pylometric....lol......and ya i am gunna take it...you should too...all this help has been great so far...hopeeveryone keeps up with this thread.

i am at a gym working out 4-6 times a week....using no vitamins or anything like that...i wanna get big for football season and for the summer andbeach
laugh.gif
no romo.....i am 16 so LEGAL supplements....whats the deal withthem...creatine?.....anyone use it...??

i am at a gym working out 4-6 times a week....using no vitamins or anything like that...i wanna get big for football season and for the summer and beach
laugh.gif
no romo.....i am 16 so LEGAL supplements....whats the deal with them...creatine?.....anyone use it...??

Get yourself some protein powder and multivitamins and your set.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

i am at a gym working out 4-6 times a week....using no vitamins or anything like that...i wanna get big for football season and for the summer and beach
laugh.gif
no romo.....i am 16 so LEGAL supplements....whats the deal with them...creatine?.....anyone use it...??

thanks for the input but do you suggest any type of protein...that is safe and has no side effects....ex: pimples,bad breath...

Originally Posted by jakecuevas

laugh.gif

thanks for the input but do you suggest any type of protein...that is safe and has no side effects....ex: pimples,bad breath...

I've been on Cytogainer for a month and I like it, it still tastes like !*% but better than some other protein shakes I've tried. It has creatineas well and doesn't have a bunch of sugar like the others do.

CYTO GAINER
LEAN MUSCLE MAXIMIZER

100% WHEY PROTEIN SOURCES
Each Serving Contains

• 56g PROTEIN
  • 98% LACTOSE FREE
  • 96% FAT FREE
  • 3g CREATINE
  • 2g GLUTAMINE *In Water
    PRE-DIGESTED WHEY PEPTIDES
    Chocolate Malt
http://www.gnc.com/product/index.js...w=cytogainer&kw=cyto+gainer&parentPage=search

On another note, anyone try Nitric Oxide? For those who don't know, "cells release nitric oxide into the blood to carry a message to other cellsin the body." One of the more important of those messages instructs blood vessels to relax and widen. Widening blood vessels result in several changes.The extra fluid flowing into muscles creates what body builders refer to as the "pump". An increase in nutrient delivery will allow for extendedpower and endurance because it provides more fuel to be burned for energy. An increase in hormone delivery will enhance muscles abilty to recover and repairdamage induced during training, and removal of waste products allows the cells to function at an optimal capacity. The end result is muscles that look fullerand work better, for longer.

You can't get Nitric Oxide in a supplement but what you can get is Arginine. Arginine is an amino acid, it's a building block for NO. The Body uses anenzyme called Nitric oxide synthase to convert arginine into NO. That's why increasing your intake of arginine will boost NO production. The most basicform of arginine is L arginine which you can get for really cheap but studies have shown, its poorly absorbed.
These are your choices..

Arginine Malate
Arginine Ethyl Ester
Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate
Arginine Ketoisocaproate

I looked up GNC and I found these two Supplements

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2651528&cp=2102344.2102347.2108300&parentPage=family
http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2133512&cp=2102344.2102347.2108300&parentPage=family

Going to try the first one in about a month. The reason I look into this so much is because I practice Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and I want to recover faster frommatches and sparring. I'm sure this will help the Football and basketball players on NT as well.

Also, for the people that are serious, you should know how many calories you need since following a low calorie diet has been proven to decrease testosteroneproduction, the conundrum is that you must eat enough for positive muscle growth without overeating and gaining fat, as excess body fat contains more of theenzyme that converts testosterone into estrogen. To figure out your own calorie needs, multiply your body weight by 18-20 calories. For example, I'm 180right now so I would need to ingest between 3,250 - 3,600 calories per day. Your daily calorie distribution should be made up of 40% Carbs, 30% protein and 30%fat. Some of you are going to think how can you eat that much? It's all about eating several small meals per day plus Cytogainer has about 600 calories or900 calories when mixed with lowfat milk.

Originally Posted by jakecuevas

laugh.gif

I will never use creatine or any of that junk until I am extremely serious about body-building (in other words, when I am older). Dude, you're 16 yearsold
laugh.gif
you don't need creatine or any other supplements right now.

ok thanks and good looks...but i was looking around and found this

ATP Creatine Serum[emoji]8482[/emoji]

FROM GOAL SETTER TO GOAL GETTER
You know what a difference an inch can make. Around your biceps or off your waist. It's everything you work towards and the focus of your goals. Therewards are great and the feelings of accomplishment are even greater. Now you can reach those goals quicker, through longer, more productive workouts.Creatine serum supplementation has helped boost energy and stamina, increase muscle strength, buffer lactic acid buildup to delay fatigue and significantlyincrease muscular development. Without the pain of loading mega doses, cycling, maintenance and associated side effects.

Until MMUSA's innovative creatine serum formulation, creatine supplementation has not been without its difficulties. In its solid form, creatine isinsoluble and requires long periods of loading, leaving athletes with the risk of side effects that include dehydration, bloating and cramping. Now MMUSAoffers the world's only soluble Creatine Phosphate Complex[emoji]8482[/emoji], ATP Creatine Serum[emoji]8482[/emoji]. Formulated from only the purest natural ingredients, it is safe, fastacting and free of side effects. Painless to administer and convenient to use, ATP Creatine Serum[emoji]8482[/emoji] has been the choice of winning athletes worldwide.

SOLUBLE, STABLE AND NO SIDE EFFECTS.
Unlike powder or powders suspended in liquids, ATP Creatine Serum[emoji]8482[/emoji] is absorbed quickly and efficiently. Taken with a dropper in small doses under the tongue,the serum is quickly absorbed by the mucous membranes in the mouth, bypassing the stomach and digestive system and thereby retaining a much higher potency. Incontrast, other forms of creatine can take up to an hour to digest in addition to a loading period of five days and daily maintenance.

For example, the equivalent of 2500mg of creatine monohydrate powder per serving is assimilated into the bloodstream within minutes. As a result, there is notime for the waste product, creatinine to develop. Due to its easy dosages and water solubility, Creatine Serum doesn't cause dehydration and musclecramping because no loading or maintenance is required. Taken only on the days you work out it works quickly and effectively and causes no side effects, nomatter how much you take.

PURE, NATURAL, PHARMACEUTICAL GRADE INGREDIENTS.
The primary ingredient of ATP Creatine Serum[emoji]8482[/emoji] is creatine, well known for its ability to increase muscle strength, boost energy and stamina and build leanmuscle mass. ATP also contains Vitamin B12 because it forms and regenerates red blood cells, which carry oxygen to your muscle tissues. It also assists memoryfunction, promotes growth, circulation, nerve and muscle metabolism. Royal Jelly has also been added because it enhances the immune system and promotescellular health. Royal jelly is the world's richest known source of pantothenic acid, known to combat stress and fatigue. Ginseng has been blended in as itis the most effective restorative agent of all the tonic herbs, providing energy to all body systems and offering further protection from exhaustion.

Glycerin is included as source material for the body to manufacture more complex molecules and honey because it is the highest glycemic source available,making it the perfect transporter of the creatine into the muscle tissue. Its stability, quick absorbtion and small, convenient bottle means you can take ATPCreatine Serum[emoji]8482[/emoji] with you to the gym.

You're inching towards that goal. We want to help you get there, safely.

from mmusa.com

good or bad choice....45 bucks...how long do you think it will last?

Best advice I can give is to switch up your routine. I do this every 6 weeks or so. That means working out different muscle groups together and changing howmany days a week you workout. My gains have been much better doing a workout 3 days a week instead of 4. Your body is very smart and adaptive. And pleaseworkout your legs.

I need some help and advice NT brethren.

I wanna gain a bit of definition (upper body mainly). I don't intend to go to the gym in order to do this.

What exercises can I do at home? What running drills can I do for cardio? And how would my timetable/schedule per day/per week work out as?

Also what could be a good daily diet compose of? Do's and Dont's as well if you can elaborate

Please help me. Thanks

I need some help and advice NT brethren.

I wanna gain a bit of definition (upper body mainly). I don't intend to go to the gym in order to do this.

What exercises can I do at home? What running drills can I do for cardio? And how would my timetable/schedule per day/per week work out as?

Also what could be a good daily diet compose of? Do's and Dont's as well if you can elaborate

Please help me. Thanks

If you refuse to go to a gym and also dont have weights to work with at home then remember it is going to take some time to get results. But you still can do it. I would start doing pushups every day, and increasing your workload almost every time.

Here is a pretty good article from Mens Health to help get you started with a home workout:

http://www.menshealth.com/cda/article.do?site=MensHealth&channel=fitness&category=workout.plans&conitem=6326e0da1c317010VgnVCM200000cee793cd____

Here's another one:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mahler57.htm

You also can click around on Men's Health for dieting and cardio tips. Do and don'ts of dieting? Well first step is to cut out (or limit) empty calories....soda, alcohol, chips, candy, most condiments, etc. Eat smaller healthy meals and snacks all throughout the day. Again, these sites can help you with things you can eat.

Hey RyGuy45

That' first link didn't work. You mind checking if that's the right link again?
nerd.gif

Thanks for the links man

^ Good catch.

Dont click on it and Try copying and pasting the entire link into your browser instead (including that runoff at the very end there after 793cd). If you pasteit, it works fine.

Are we allowed to post progress pics in this thread or are the NT ##%% brigade gonna come and ayo ayo this thing up?

^If you make gains and are happy with them, post pics if you want. Don't worry about what other people on the Internet think about your body. If you'rehappy, end of story.

Little background story, I had mono for 3 months up until June 1st of 2007, where my weight dropped to a disgusting 175 pounds. Pretty much made a lifestylechange and I became determined to get in shape. I've only been training seriously and knowledgably for the last 9 months. Ended up bulking to a highweight of 205 pounds and now I'm approx 201, also I'm 19 years old and my height is almost at 6"1'

I think I've made good progress, thanks to the knowledge and help of my twin brother who is a pretty damn good powerlifter in his own right. He squatted570 pounds and deadlifted 580 while weighing approx 200 pounds in his only competition.

guys im developing - basically doing things to increase caloric intake - but one question

I notice my chest is still developing - inner and also the lower chest - but from the side - my chest is still flat? It doesnt really pop out unless rightafter post workout (the pump)

Whats the deal?

Originally Posted by DonCoryson

Little background story, I had mono for 3 months up until June 1st of 2007, where my weight dropped to a disgusting 175 pounds. Pretty much made a lifestyle change and I became determined to get in shape. I've only been training seriously and knowledgably for the last 9 months. Ended up bulking to a high weight of 205 pounds and now I'm approx 201, also I'm 19 years old and my height is almost at 6"1'

I think I've made good progress, thanks to the knowledge and help of my twin brother who is a pretty damn good powerlifter in his own right. He squatted 570 pounds and deadlifted 580 while weighing approx 200 pounds in his only competition.

Whats your workout routine and meal plan?

guys im developing - basically doing things to increase caloric intake - but one question

I notice my chest is still developing - inner and also the lower chest - but from the side - my chest is still flat? It doesnt really pop out unless right after post workout (the pump)

Whats the deal?

Could be genetics, could be your routine.

Try pec flys and a wider hand-stance pushup (or even wider grip bench). Do this for a bit and get back to us...

At the gym today, there was this asian, William Hong, looking dude. He was small and had absolutley no purpose at the gym. All he was doing was walking aroundwith his iPod in his ear, SINGING stupid music. He walked down each aisle of treadmills pretending he was a runway model just singing. he came up to me and myfriend and sang a lil bit. annoying as %+@%, but hilarious
roll.gif
i busted outlaughing doing one of my exercises.

im 5'11" 165lbs and i definitely need to hit the gym.
i just feel really bad about my body and all that.
i am sincerely thinking about signing up to a gym really soon!!

I know what to do because back in the day i used to lift
but i was always in the gym. i dont have anything now
and its hard for me to stay motivated running on the street.

thanks for all the posts helping me out and for the encouragement.

if you go by yourself it is good to have a ipod...( pump up music)...but i think it is the bst when you go with a friend that lifts almost the same thing ineverything....that way you try to do one more than him / her*.....trying to be the best is never a bad thing...

***whey protein......anyone use?***

Originally Posted by atljunkie

im 5'11" 165lbs and i definitely need to hit the gym.
i just feel really bad about my body and all that.
i am sincerely thinking about signing up to a gym really soon!!

I know what to do because back in the day i used to lift
but i was always in the gym. i dont have anything now
and its hard for me to stay motivated running on the street.

thanks for all the posts helping me out and for the encouragement.

Sign up ASAP if you want changes. Working out helps me physically (of course) but it also just feels good. I'm typically a lazy guy and after I workoutI feel like I did something. So yea, it takes a lot to motivate me also. I go with my friends so that I stay motivated. Also, after each workout, I kind ofgive myself a grade on how well I did
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif
. I like to do it because each time I want to get a higher grade.

Get to a gym nearby, and sign up.

Is eating 5 times per day good? I ea breakfast lunch and dinner plus 2 protein shakes as meal replacements!! Some1 please tell me

Back
Top Bottom