:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

Originally Posted by TheGift23

The squad was split in two for a training session, with the starters playingto a 3-3 draw with the substitutes in a 35-minute match. Carlos Tevez, GonzaloHiguain and Angel di Maria scored for starters, while Ariel Garce, Diego Militoand Mario Bolatti scored for the subs.

With Argentine flags waving in the crowd, along with many South Africanflags, the 1986 World Cup-winning captain was serenaded with chants of “Ole,Ole, Ole, Die-go, Die-go.

I hope Maradona straight unleashes the dogs on the tournament. They have so much offensive talent it's absurd.

And even if they sacrifice some level of defensive fortitude, which team is going to take advantage of that enough to make up for Argentina's attack? Nigeria, Greece, Korea: NO. Mexico/France/Uruguay/South Africa: doubt it. Germany/Serbia/US/Slovenia: unlikely. Argentina might let in 1 or 2 goals, but they could put in 2 or 3 easily with an offensive-minded approach.

Originally Posted by TheGift23

List of people in the NT WC Fantasy game...

30ubymr.jpg

Here's the info again for those who may be interested in joining...

Originally Posted by APLX2

I started a World Cup fantasy league at http://en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com/. The league code is 228244-54494.

JUST JOINED...TEAM AMERICA..My FIFA AVI is  rockin the Guatemala jersey cuz USA and Argentina are already being repped in the cup. 

Originally Posted by JJGRT5

anyone watching spain's last friendly? the second goal was just
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Yeah, Spain did a lot better than I figured they would. I was expecting them to let up after the 2nd goal, but nah they said "we're getting 4 more"
laugh.gif

God Poland should be embarrassed.

The game was gravy
pimp.gif
only bad thing is Iniesta going out early due to some pain in his leg
nerd.gif

Damn I just watched the highlights from the Spain Poland game and I didn't even recognize Fernando without the long hair.
That second goal was just nasty..
sick.gif

Originally Posted by trunks206

Damn I just watched the highlights from the Spain Poland game and I didn't even recognize Fernando without the long hair.
is that a mohawk or just a bad haircut?
laugh.gif

Hearing now that Nani is out of the tournament with a shoulder injury. If I was holding a newspaper I'd throw it in disgust like the Spaniards in the Nike commercial.
smh.gif
ohwell.gif
frown.gif
I literally almost teared up when I read that. Nani is one of 3 of my fav players to watch play.  He was a force during qualifiers and caused havoc against Bosnia in the 2 legs.  I couldn't wait to see him opposite of Ronaldo
frown.gif
.  He might of been benched b/c of Simao (although I felt he should of started) But just couldn't wait to see him play.
At least Pepe made a nice return, hopefully he can stay healthy.  Him and Raul Miereles back together would make things much simpler in midfield.

Man I really hope any changes Maradona makes plays into the benefit of the Super Eagles
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
lol.. Having Messi, Tevez, and Higuain up front is almost blouses for any opponent.  Nigeria's back line has been sooo shaky in the past friendlies and it has me worried most def.  Nigeria has been poor defending wing onslaughts and incoming crosses. The offense seems to be in sync though, and Lukman Haruna has shown the most creativity in midfield along with Odem and Uche.  We'll see.. I know a Lot of Eagles have revenge on their tongues.  2 More days!!!

Originally Posted by kidoopz

Hearing now that Nani is out of the tournament with a shoulder injury. If I was holding a newspaper I'd throw it in disgust like the Spaniards in the Nike commercial.
smh.gif
ohwell.gif
frown.gif
I literally almost teared up when I read that. Nani is one of 3 of my fav players to watch play.  He was a force during qualifiers and caused havoc against Bosnia in the 2 legs.  I couldn't wait to see him opposite of Ronaldo
frown.gif
.  He might of been benched b/c of Simao (although I felt he should of started) But just couldn't wait to see him play.
At least Pepe made a nice return, hopefully he can stay healthy.  Him and Raul Miereles back together would make things much simpler in midfield.
I feel you, Drogba, Pirlo and Ballack are three of the players I like to watch most, so these injuries will affect the quality of the tournament for me as well.
frown.gif

The other problem is that it seems the soccer gods don't want me to watch any games live. Work precludes possibility of weekday games, and I just found out I have to come in at 10 on Saturday for two hours, basically for the duration of the Argentina-Nigeria match.
frown.gif
frown.gif

smh.gif
ohwell.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
I feel you, Drogba, Pirlo and Ballack are three of the players I like to watch most, so these injuries will affect the quality of the tournament for me as well.
frown.gif

The other problem is that it seems the soccer gods don't want me to watch any games live. Work precludes possibility of weekday games, and I just found out I have to come in at 10 on Saturday for two hours, basically for the duration of the Argentina-Nigeria match.
frown.gif
frown.gif
Dang, all three.  Yeah I would feel a sort of emptiness too.  Oh where do you live? It's 8:30 central so I'm guessing West Coast?  Wow only for 2 hours too.    I already told everyone here at work don't bother looking for me on Saturday lol.  Good thing I got someone to cover for me though.  I'll be at a pub in Green White Green, then changing into a USA kit after that.  Man I'm so amped

The top 5 games I'm most looking forward to.

1. USA vs. England (no explanation needed)
2. South Africa vs. Mexico (opening game)
3. Argentina vs. Nigeria (my team's first game)
4. Portugal vs. Brazil ( If Ivory Coast plays well this game could be vital plus Ronaldo vs Kaka)
5. Uruguay vs. France (Uruguay will pull the upset)

101322485.jpg

Spanish players Fernando Torres (down)is helped by his team assistantduring their second training session at their Austrian training camp inthe Aktivpark Montafon stadium of Schruns on June 1, 2010 prior to theFIFA World Cup 2010 hosted by South Africa between June 11 and July 11.AFP PHOTO / ATTILA KISBENEDEK (Photo credit should read ATTILAKISBENEDEK/AFP/Getty Images)

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

smh.gif
ohwell.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Man I really hope any changes Maradona makes plays into the benefit of the Super Eagles
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
lol.. Having Messi, Tevez, and Higuain up front is almost blouses for any opponent.  Nigeria's back line has been sooo shaky in the past friendlies and it has me worried most def.  Nigeria has been poor defending wing onslaughts and incoming crosses. The offense seems to be in sync though, and Lukman Haruna has shown the most creativity in midfield along with Odem and Uche.  We'll see.. I know a Lot of Eagles have revenge on their tongues.  2 More days!!!

I think Lagerback will use the same template he used to hold Argentina to a 1-1 draw back in the 02 WC. Defend, hit on the counter and then defend some more. Nigeria have great speed on the flanks which could potentially trouble Argentina's defence. Yakubu is slow as he.ll though
laugh.gif
. Yobo and Sh*ttu are liabilities in defence so Nigeria's midfielders will have to drop back to shield them. I think that Nigeria will be a tough nut to crack in the group stage and they will pose problems for all 3 teams thanks to Lagerback's tactics and their physical advantage. The problem is the team lacks cohesiveness, have weaknesses all over the pitch and creativity is a major problem for them. Harunu has played well in the last 2 friendlies but I think its a stretch to think a 19-year-old will be a huge difference maker for them. The kid is a bit of a loose canon and may pick up some yellow cards in the group stage. I think that Argentina will prevail in their opening match although I dont think it'll be an easy or convincing win. One thing that Nigeria really have in their favor is that they will be the 'home' team in that group. A lot of passionate Super Eagles fans will attend their matches and the locals will throw their support behind them too.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

101322485.jpg

Spanish players Fernando Torres (down)is helped by his team assistantduring their second training session at their Austrian training camp inthe Aktivpark Montafon stadium of Schruns on June 1, 2010 prior to theFIFA World Cup 2010 hosted by South Africa between June 11 and July 11.AFP PHOTO / ATTILA KISBENEDEK (Photo credit should read ATTILAKISBENEDEK/AFP/Getty Images)

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Torres ? Did he switched to adidas ?

smh.gif
ohwell.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I think Lagerback will use the same template he used to hold Argentina to a 1-1 draw back in the 02 WC.
Wrong Argentina won that match 1-0, the only goal being scored by Batistuta, it was a tough match I remember it like it was yesterday.

smh.gif
ohwell.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I think Lagerback will use the same template he used to hold Argentina to a 1-1 draw back in the 02 WC. Defend, hit on the counter and then defend some more. Nigeria have great speed on the flanks which could potentially trouble Argentina's defence. Yakubu is slow as he.ll though
laugh.gif
. Yobo and Sh*ttu are liabilities in defence so Nigeria's midfielders will have to drop back to shield them. I think that Nigeria will be a tough nut to crack in the group stage and they will pose problems for all 3 teams thanks to Lagerback's tactics and their physical advantage. The problem is the team lacks cohesiveness, have weaknesses all over the pitch and creativity is a major problem for them. Harunu has played well in the last 2 friendlies but I think its a stretch to think a 19-year-old will be a huge difference maker for them. The kid is a bit of a loose canon and may pick up some yellow cards in the group stage. I think that Argentina will prevail in their opening match although I dont think it'll be an easy or convincing win. One thing that Nigeria really have in their favor is that they will be the 'home' team in that group. A lot of passionate Super Eagles fans will attend their matches and the locals will throw their support behind them too.
Oh most definitely correct about Nigeria's defence.  They have been playing poor balls square across their own line and marking has been Meh, clearances have been Meh which is why the Eagles are most def going to miss Obi Mikel.  Yak is so inconsistent, that you never know what your going to get lol.  There is a big slow Yak, but a quick fast Martins.  He needs redemption like no other lol.. Haruna is going to be a spark off the pine, I just hope whatever they do not to sub out or Move Odemwingie up front. 

Back
Top Bottom