:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by kidoopz

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Hearing now that Nani is out of the tournament with a shoulder injury. If I was holding a newspaper I'd throw it in disgust like the Spaniards in the Nike commercial.
smh.gif
ohwell.gif
frown.gif
I literally almost teared up when I read that. Nani is one of 3 of my fav players to watch play.  He was a force during qualifiers and caused havoc against Bosnia in the 2 legs.  I couldn't wait to see him opposite of Ronaldo
frown.gif
.  He might of been benched b/c of Simao (although I felt he should of started) But just couldn't wait to see him play.
At least Pepe made a nice return, hopefully he can stay healthy.  Him and Raul Miereles back together would make things much simpler in midfield.

Man I really hope any changes Maradona makes plays into the benefit of the Super Eagles
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
lol.. Having Messi, Tevez, and Higuain up front is almost blouses for any opponent.  Nigeria's back line has been sooo shaky in the past friendlies and it has me worried most def.  Nigeria has been poor defending wing onslaughts and incoming crosses. The offense seems to be in sync though, and Lukman Haruna has shown the most creativity in midfield along with Odem and Uche.  We'll see.. I know a Lot of Eagles have revenge on their tongues.  2 More days!!!

I think Lagerback will use the same template he used to hold Argentina to a 1-1 draw back in the 02 WC.
Wrong Argentina won that match 1-0, the only goal being scored by Batistuta, it was a tough match I remember it like it was yesterday.
Lars Lagerback was the manager of the Sweden side that held Argentina to a 1-1 draw back in the 2002 WC.

Lagerback was hired as Nigeria's temporary coach just for the WC back in February. He apparently won over the Nigerian association's support by explaining to them his strategy going into the 2002 WC...he said that his plan was to play for draws against England and Argentina and attack Nigeria (the weakest team in the group in 2002). I feel that he will try something similar this time around. Park the bus and hope for a draw against Argentina and then try to beat Greece and South Korea.

It looks like Maradona will be fielding this lineup on Saturday...

--------Romero----------
----Dimechellis--Samuel----
Jonas-----------------Heinze
----------Mascherano--------
----Veron----------Di Maria--
-----------Messi-------------
-----Higuain---Tevez--------

Strengths: Strong attack, width from Di Maria and Jonas, will likely defend with 4-men most of the time (Mascherano covering for Jonas)

Weaknesses: Left side of Argentina's midfield/defence looks exposed if Di Maria doesnt drop back, Tevez has not performed well for the NT in a long time, Jonas and Heinze arent the best defenders in the world.

Question marks: Does this formation suit Messi? How successful will the Higuain and Tevez partnership be? Can Mascherano hold it down on his own?

I'm looking at other teams and I see Brazil playing with 2 holding midfielders (Melo and Gilberto), Spain with Busquets and Xabi Alonso, Holland with De Jong and van Bommell, Germany with Schweinsteiger and Khedira. Basically most of the contenders in this tournament are going with 2 holding players in the middle of the park. With Argentina you just have Mascherano in the middle...Veron is not really known for his defensive abilities
ohwell.gif

Maradona keeping it light in practice...

As tension builds ahead of the start of a tournament that's taken four years to finally get here, some managers are lashing out at the press, while others are moaning about how their country is never the favorite to win, but Maradona - for his madness and insanely expensive toilet seats - has decided to keep things fun.

Aftera little training session intra-squad match, Maradona let the winningside fire shots at the losing side's rears and even bent over for a bitof punishment himself. Granted, this activity isn't terribly unusualand can be spotted at training grounds everywhere, but it's not thetype of thing you typically see days before playing in the World Cup. 

Don'tbe surprised if a relaxed Argentina side get off to a fast start is allI'm saying. Also don't be surprised if half players find it difficultto sit down for the next few days.
http://g.sports.yahoo.com...oach-to-t?urn=sow,247015
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I don't want to stream games on work equipment. Anyone have a solution to stream games to the iPhone. I'm not trying to make this a other phones > iPhone thing, just a simple question. I'm thinking I can try JustinTV app or has anyone tried MobiTV on the iPhone (wonder if they will stream the games). Thanks

Go USA!

Originally Posted by J PayCheck

I don't want to stream games on work equipment. Anyone have a solution to stream games to the iPhone. I'm not trying to make this a other phones > iPhone thing, just a simple question. I'm thinking I can try JustinTV app or has anyone tried MobiTV on the iPhone (wonder if they will stream the games). Thanks

Go USA!
mobitv for $10 a month. CLEAN streams and they're showing all world cup games. i'd say it's worth it...

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

One of mexicos most famous fan.

PACQUIAO_TRI3.jpg

after he done rocked like 10+ Mexican boxersSocluis90, thanks might go that route. Just wasn't sure if the stream is clear. Really hope they can handle streaming to all the potential viewers.

OMG OMG OMG...less than 24 hrs away. I remember Germany's 4-2 drubbing of Costa Rica like it was yesterday. Senegal shocking the world by beating France at freakin' 8am in the East Coast...I expect some fireworks tomorrow...cue South Africa showing the world that they're for real and France self-destructing against Uruguay...

I celebrated like hell when Wanchope tied vs Germany
embarassed.gif
, too bad the tie didn't last long
laugh.gif
(Don't really have a problem with CRC like I do HN/MX)

Last call for those who would like to join the NT WC Fantasy Game...here is the list so far :

86248664.png

Info again...

Originally Posted by APLX2

I started a World Cup fantasy league at http://en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com/. The league code is 228244-54494.

Does anyone know a good Blackberry App that will have score updates throughout the Cup?

roll.gif
@ the call on the Bergkamp goal up there.

However, funniest I've heard is :

Cantor when Roa saved the last shot 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Can someone compile the tv listings for today and tomorrow (opening ceremony, preview shows, etc) ... im confused. BTW importing a SKY HD receiver
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^ i can help you with the games tomorrow.

coverage starts at 930am EST for the Mexico/SA game. the game is at 10am EST.

then France/Uruguay at 2pm EST
on ESPN

Just peeped the ESPN Schedule and they are only showing the opening ceremony on ESPN3
ohwell.gif
not a good look on their coverage.

FYI: anyone new to the World Cup, I've stickied two posts on the blog:

-Team Index: a sort of power ranking of the teams, giving you an idea of what the realistic expectations of each squad are.

-Structure of the Tournament: explaining how teams qualify, how they can advance through the tournament, etc.

These might be redundant to a lot of experienced soccer fans, but might be worthy of a read for those giving the tournament a chance for the first time.

Vamos, vamos Argentina,
vamos, vamos a ganar,
que esta barra quilombera,
no te deja, no te deja de alentar.

Back
Top Bottom