:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

Netherlands - Hungary
6 - 1
I guess the dutch offence is ready for the WC... 10 goals in 2 matches against defensive teams...
A defensive laps for the dutch again in the first 5 mins though, funny just like the one against Ghana.
Robben is injured again, after scoring 2 goals, damit!

I could see this team win it all if it keeps on competing like this.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Robben isn't taking the trip to SA with the team, staying for further evaluation. Jesus.

$!+$
mad.gif

whats up with all these injuries? hopefully drogba can at recover and be able to play, otherwise ivory coast is done. my man luis fabiano bout to have a hell of a world cup
pimp.gif

edit:
so who's been injured so far..

Rio
Beckham
Drogba
Robben
Altidore

who am i missing?

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Injuries always happen prior to the WC. Nothing out of the ordinary is going on right now...
This is extraordinary in that, if all the "doubtful" players miss, there will be a hell of a lot more injured stars than any tournament I can remember.
Africa's two best players are out/doubtful, Ballack is out, Torres is questionable, Pirlo is doubtful, Kaka is recovering from injury, Robben is doubtful/out, Rio Ferdinand is out. All of these players are among the two or three best on their team. 

Find me another tournament in which that many stars from the top teams have been hurt. Argentina is really the only elite team going into the tournament with all of its best players fit. 

Torres is going to play in Spain's final friendly this coming week.

Kaka said that he is feeling 100%.

Pirlo, Robben, Altidore (Why is he even in this discussion?
laugh.gif
), Drogba are doubtful. You also have Denmark's starting GK, CB and CF doubtful (Sorensen, Kjaer, Bendtner).

Injuries always happen to key players prior to the WC. Romario in 1998, Zidane, Beckham, Emerson (Brazil's captain prior to injury) in 2002, Rooney, Owen, Ballack, Djibril Cisse prior to 2006, etc.

You're right though, many key players will miss out on this WC due to injuries. Blame it on the long seasons players are forced to endure nowadays. Look at how hectic the last 12 months have been for the WC bound players. WCQ during last summer, pre-season friendlies, club season, more WCQ, club season (+ Champions League matches)...season over...report back to their national teams for 1 month of preparations...WC...then they'll get like 2-4 weeks off in July before they must report back to their clubs at the start of August. It's insane and I am not surprised one bit with the amount of injuries. Four key Chelsea players will be missing out...Ballack, Mikel, Essien and Drogba (doubtful). Ballack and Drogba suffered injuries as a result of bad tackles but you have young guys like Mikel and Essien suffering from knee problems that are likely a result of wear and tear (Chelsea players routinely have among the heaviest schedules in the world...pre-season tours, league matches, local and European cup matches + international matches).

BTW, Diego Milito hurt his ankle in training a few days ago. Unfortunately I think that he is Maradona's 6th choice striker so I dont think he'll get much action. Hopefully Maradona comes to his senses and uses Milito more than Palermo.

Thirteen people have been injured and one policeman seriously hurt after a crush outside a South African ground hosting a World Cup warm-up game.
Several fans fell under a rush of people outside the Makhulong Stadium in the Johannesburg suburb of Tembisa.

Entry to the friendly game between Nigeria and North Korea was free and many more than the 10,000 capacity turned up for the match.

[h1]Fourteen fans injured in South African stadium crush [/h1]

Looks like Robben's injury will limit his participation in the tournament:
"I am going to work really hard in the hope of playing at the World Cup," the 26-year-old told Dutch TV station NOS.

"Inorder to recover from such an injury it requires normally four to sixweeks of rest. But there are new remedies that can reduce that by half.Thus I will be in much better shape in a week's time."

http://www.google.com/hos...QSPDxyMD12m9SrIS57Eus73Q

The squad was split in two for a training session, with the starters playingto a 3-3 draw with the substitutes in a 35-minute match. Carlos Tevez, GonzaloHiguain and Angel di Maria scored for starters, while Ariel Garce, Diego Militoand Mario Bolatti scored for the subs.

With Argentine flags waving in the crowd, along with many South Africanflags, the 1986 World Cup-winning captain was serenaded with chants of “Ole,Ole, Ole, Die-go, Die-go.

Originally Posted by TheGift23

The squad was split in two for a training session, with the starters playingto a 3-3 draw with the substitutes in a 35-minute match. Carlos Tevez, GonzaloHiguain and Angel di Maria scored for starters, while Ariel Garce, Diego Militoand Mario Bolatti scored for the subs.

With Argentine flags waving in the crowd, along with many South Africanflags, the 1986 World Cup-winning captain was serenaded with chants of “Ole,Ole, Ole, Die-go, Die-go.

Man, I cant wait for Friday to get here. I have World Cup fever

Reports are doing the rounds that Benni McCarthy was left out of the final Bafana Bafana squad because he entertained women in his Sandton hotel after the international friendly against Colombia.

Sunday newspapers claim that sources in the camp revealed that McCarthy, as well as goalkeeper Rowen Fernandez, were caught with 'some company' at 4am.

The duo were caught on CCTV - tapes of which were shown to a furious Bafana coach Carlos Alberto Parreira, who immediately cut them from the team.

Link

roll.gif

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Reports are doing the rounds that Benni McCarthy was left out of the final Bafana Bafana squad because he entertained women in his Sandton hotel after the international friendly against Colombia.

Sunday newspapers claim that sources in the camp revealed that McCarthy, as well as goalkeeper Rowen Fernandez, were caught with 'some company' at 4am.

The duo were caught on CCTV - tapes of which were shown to a furious Bafana coach Carlos Alberto Parreira, who immediately cut them from the team.

Link

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom