:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

It's funny how half of you were pissed of at the Henry hand ball incident but are giving props to Suarez for what he did.

Just because Suarez got a red card it's okay? They both did it for their countries so what's the difference?

I would like to know this.

Originally Posted by Halftime718

It's funny how half of you were pissed of at the Henry hand ball incident but are giving props to Suarez for what he did.

Just because Suarez got a red card it's okay? They both did it for their countries so what's the difference?

1) It was on   defense
2) The refs noticed it
3) Ghana  was given a 2nd chance, Ireland  wasnt
4) not a game ender

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

1) It was on   defense
2) The refs noticed it
4) not a game ender
I get all of that but what I'm talking about is everybody saying he did it for his country this and that like Henry didn't.

Also y'all are acting like making penalties is a walk in the park.

I'm just saying you can't hate one and praise the other is all.

1) It was on   defense
2) The refs noticed it
4) not a game ender
I get all of that but what I'm talking about is everybody saying he did it for his country this and that like Henry didn't.

indifferent.gif

Reading biased fans opinions are horrendous, I'm neither a fan of Uruguay or Ghana and what Suarez did was smart and thats all I have to say about it.

Reading some of the idiotic comments in the last few pages confirms why I haven't messed with this thread in like a week. It's just bizarre.

1) It was on   defense
2) The refs noticed it
4) not a game ender

Lemme give you two scenarios

1. NBA game. Celtics Lakers. Celtics are up by 3. Lakers have the ball with 4 seconds left. They inbound it and the Celtics foul them with  1 second left and the C's are over the limit. Now, they Lakers really only have a shot at scoring 2 points max, since they really won't be able to get 3 as the clock will expire before they could rebound+shoot off a miss. You can say this is "not playing the right way, etc." but it's perfectly legal. The Celtics foul, the Lakers shoot 2 FT's as a result. Celtics win.

2. Lakers are down by 1 point. Gasol shoots a little hook 4 ft from the basket. KG goaltends it. The refs don't call it. Celtics win.

In #1 the Celtics purposely fouled because it would help them in that situation. They received the reprecussions. In #2, the Celtics fouled and did not receive the reprecussions. This is a referee error and not a fair win. 

Get it now?

laugh.gif
at halftime not 'getting it' about Henry and suarez

NBA probably best example. Make 'em earn the goal. Suarez def did the right thing.

Who the hell says I don't get it? I was just making a point about not matter how "fair" a play is or not someone is still going to not agree with it.

People here are asking why people are mad at Suarez and they act like he just didn't get a hand ball.

No matter how fair it was people are still going to be upset.

Also like I said before some of you are acting like penalties are easy as %+!@ to make which is not true.

Horrible heartbreaker for Ghana but they lost the game themselves. Miss 2 penalty kicks = deserve to lose

Who the hell says I don't get it? I was just making a point about not matter how "fair" a play is or not someone is still going to not agree with it.

People here are asking why people are mad at Suarez and they act like he just didn't get a hand ball.

Also like I said before some of you are acting like penalties are easy as %+!@ to make which is not true.

There's nothing to be upset about though. I could understand if Ghanaian fans were upset because Suarez committed a hand ball foul on the line and didn't get called for it. Then, yes, Ghana would have been robbed.

Penalties are (should be)  "easy as !@#*" to make for professional footballers.  You do realize that the goalie could make a 100% correct read and play and yet will not block a PK. Why do professional footballers miss PK's? 1) Nerves, 2) some pitchers tip their pitches, right? Penalty takers do the same and 3) some have little familiarity with PK's because they don't practice them.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

There's nothing to be upset about though. I could understand if Ghanaian fans were upset because Suarez committed a hand ball foul on the line and didn't get called for it. Then, yes, Ghana would have been robbed.

Penalties are (should be)  "easy as !@#*" to make for professional footballers.  You do realize that the goalie could make a 100% correct read and play and yet will not block a PK. Why do professional footballers miss PK's? 1) Nerves, 2) some pitchers tip their pitches, right? Penalty takers do the same and 3) some have little familiarity with PK's because they don't practice them.
Yeah I get what you are saying, I was just saying that I can understand how people could be upset.

Yeah penalties should be easy but even the greats miss, see Podolski, Villa etc.

It also leaves the question of even though it was "fair" was it fair play?

I'm just looking to start convos I don't know why you people get so mad. Not like I'm being a homer.

i was rooting for Ghana...wanted to see them create history by being the first African team to reach a WC semifinal...
so i went out and bought myself their away kit before the match:

i may have jinxed them though...
embarassed.gif

Well ghana deserves some
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
for not winning in the extra time.

Predictions:

Germany 2 - 1 Argentina

Spain 3 - 0 Paraguay

those 10 seconds were intense, like a a bunch of rebounds not going in until the buzzer

I was shouting at the TV so damn loudly as if one of my squads were the one taking the shots
laugh.gif

World Cup intensity . . . it simply cannot be beat

Back
Top Bottom