:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

North Korea came up with the right strategy to drop one more in the defensive box. I'm surprised Robinho hasn't dicked someone and sneak one in. Brazil seems to be playing very cautious. Dunga's way to play I guess...

Jong Tae Se on the North Korean team really putting it all out there. Mad props to him. I'm hoping he scores one here...

roll.gif

Just 45 more minutes North Korea. This is actually awesome.

"The entire team is defenders"
roll.gif

....but hey it's working...worst team in the world tied with best team in the world so far.

Originally Posted by TheGift23

roll.gif

Just 45 more minutes North Korea. This is actually awesome.
I'm at work and not watching, but this is pretty crazy. North Korea hasn't played an elite soccer team in 40 years, and they're going toe to toe with Brazil. Tevez predicted they'd be solid, but I don't think even he saw this coming.

But I still expect Brazil to put 2-3 in in the second half.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Noskey

Tie at half... who the hell saw this coming?!
laugh.gif
I knew it could be hard to break that defense. They've been playing 5-4-1 multiple times before. That's really hard to break even for the better teams.

Why are people so hard on Brazil? Sure, they didn't look that convincing, but they still tried to attack, but it's not easy to score when a team has all their players turtle-necking. Even if that team is Brazil and the other team is North Korea. The North Korea coach is like an Asian version of Jose Mourinho. 8 North Koreans in or very close to the penalty area constantly. Unfortunately, the most beautiful aspect of soccer (the fact that it's so free - no shot clock, no illegal defense or illegal formations) can be its undoing and teams that are of much lower quality can turtle neck their way to a draw like it's been the case in this game so far. After Greece in 2004, and numerous other times of witnessing teams turtle necking their way to a profitable result, I'm starting to become a supporter of Brazil's 1980s star player Socrates' suggestion that football should be lowered from 11 to 9 players. That would at least open up some space on the pitch, space that mediocre teams could otherwise fill with two extra bodies.

persiafly, what were you saying in your blog about North Korea getting killed?
nerd.gif

Watch Brazil put up 5 in the second half now.

But seriously though, these North Koreans are who I thought they were. Very disciplined, athletic, full of passion and energy...this is the definition of a team. I think if they had more quality players they'd actually have 1-2 goals by now. They've put themselves in good attacking positions but they just arent good enough to bury those chances. Korea's #9 "The Asian Rooney" has a poor first touch...he looks like a bulldog type player that is good at chasing down balls and pressuring defenders but he looks technically poor.

I expect the Koreans to waste a ton of time in the 2nd half...faking injuries, goalkeeper stalling, etc. I still think Brazil will score atleast 2 goals. Dunga will bring on some attack minded players very shortly. Dani Alves will also be brought on to spread out the Korean defence.

Wow, seemed impossible to score from there.
laugh.gif
Nice.

Feel bad for North Korea though...to go that long 0-0 is memorable though (For them at least lol).

Back
Top Bottom