:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

Speaking of vuvuzelas, there's a new post on the blog about the controversy, if anyone is interested.

My biggest fear (as an Ivory Coast fan) is that Brazil go into their final match with 6 pts, Portugal with 4 pts and both teams playing for a draw rendering CIV's match against North Korea meaningless. I really hope that Brazil go for the kill against Portugal.

Not at all an unlikely scenario. In '98 Morocco went into their final match thinking a win against Scotland would be enough to advance, since Brazil would surely beat Norway, and even if Norway pulled off a tie, Morocco would still have 4 points to Norway's 3. But NO! Norway came out and shocked Brazil to advance. But I would be surprised if Dunga let the boys take their foot off the pedal like that.

^
roll.gif
at that picture.

Lets see if North Korea can shock the world. I wonder how many players are gonna defect after the tournament...

Emotional North Korean player there... huge moment for them.
OK, I just realized this, but its winter for them right now... 3 degrees.  No wonder they all have the mock-turtlenecks on... 

i don't understand how there are north korean fans in the stand. They can't leave the country

What is actually funny is that regardless if the NorKs win or lose, the people in their country will be told that they won anyway considering they have ZERO internet and nothing more than State controlled news outlets.

Originally Posted by DubA169

i don't understand how there are north korean fans in the stand. They can't leave the country
The German commentator for the match said that the North Korean "fans" aren't actually from DPRK.  They're Chinese fans who got in contact with the DPRK government and asked if they could travel to S.Africa to support them.  Crazy!!!

I read/heard that there really isn't North Korean fans it is basically Chinese fans. I forget if they were paid or they are actual fans, but all those North Korean fans are Chinese.

Originally Posted by F Sharp005

The German commentator for the match said that the North Korean "fans" aren't actually from DPRK.  They're Chinese fans who got in contact with the DPRK government and asked if they could travel to S.Africa to support them.  Crazy!!!

wow that's nuts. thanks for the info

I'm sure some fans dressed in DPRK clothes are actually from North Korea, but they may be high ranking officials, the rich, etc. Basically the people who dont want $$*$ to change in the country.

And it looks like North Korea is trying to do something now. With all 3 people attacking each time. God it'd be crazy if they got the first goal
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom