:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

Because Italy has a history of it?
So, because they have a history of it, an alleged dive from an Italian to earn a penalty means Italy's whole strategy from the start was to dive, but an alleged dive from a Mexican or Uruguayan doesn't mean the same thing, because they don't have a history of it? 
That's the definition of a stereotype to me.
It's not that it's their only strategy from the start. It's part of their offensive strategy. Portugal are notorious for this as well.
This ref was inexperienced and gullible and they took advantage of it.

Italy won in '06 from set pieces.
They just do what will put them in a better position to win and it's diving.

anyways...

BRAZIL VS. IVORY COAST!!!
DROGBA!!

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

Because Italy has a history of it?
So, because they have a history of it, an alleged dive from an Italian to earn a penalty means Italy's whole strategy from the start was to dive, but an alleged dive from a Mexican or Uruguayan doesn't mean the same thing, because they don't have a history of it? 
That's the definition of a stereotype to me.
It's not that it's their only strategy from the start. It's part of their offensive strategy. Portugal are notorious for this as well.
This ref was inexperienced and gullible and they took advantage of it.
I don't doubt that it was, but from watching the game, I think it's unfair/inaccurate to say it was more a part of their strategy than diving is a part of any team's strategy. That's the reality of soccer these days, players will go down under slight contact because they know it's beneficial to do so. Maybe the Italians started the trend, but this particular squad, in this particular game, wasn't diving any more than any other team at the World Cup dives. And I don't think it's fair to say they were just because they have a history of it. 

gonna miss the brazil ivory coast game cause of work
frown.gif
and i'll be missing the usa game on wednesday
frown.gif

Originally Posted by TheAfricanDream

Let's go Cote d'Ivoire!!!

I've been waiting for this game since the groups were announced. I cant even put into words how hyped up i am for this game!! Should be explosive, hope Drogba gets to play more today. Rooting for the Ivory Coast, but as long as i see goals, any goals, ill be pleased.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^Evra got in an argument with the Fitness coach at practice. Team is pissed off about Anelka being dropped. Team refuses to practice. Funny, funny stuff.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Someone fill me in on what is going on with France? I just now turned to ABC and they said they refuse practice

To make a long story short: Anelka told the coach "Go F*** yourself, SOB" during half-time of France-Mexico, so he got excluded from the team.
Today, the other players of the team decided to make a strike to get Anelka back on the team.
On top of this, one of the head director of the French Football Federation quit his job because he was ashame of what the player were doing...

This team is a shame to France!

That's just ridiculous. So they cheated to get into the World Cup too? I was reading about Henry's handball against Ireland. smh I guess Karma does exist.

This should be a great game, I don't even know who I want to win, I know I don't want to see a draw either though unless it's 3 goals or more

Nevermind^ cast is there after all. Not covering his elbow though.

Robinho had Fabiano streaking on the right, opted for the 30 yarder.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Robinho... always going for glory insteada passing to his open teammate...
smh.gif

I've thought he changed his attitude a little bit.Great player and a little bit selfish is in his position maybe the right thing to do.

I take everything back, Robinho is an idiot.Gimmick is something for the Copacabana but not for a WorldCup.

Originally Posted by engoi

I take everything back, Robinho is an idiot.Gimmick is something for the Copacabana but not for a WorldCup.
Yeah, if Robinho is playing like this, doing stepovers and launching 30 yard shots when players are in better position, why exactly was Ronaldinho excluded? Surely he could have played this sort of game better than Robinho. 

Back
Top Bottom