Official XBOX 360 Thread: Tekken 6 on 360!

Originally Posted by sole leisure

Originally Posted by Buttons McBoomBoom

Wait ...so the SF2 HD remix beta is up now? or if I buy that other game I can get the beta June 25th?

It's not up yet, you buy that other game and wait for June 25th. I'm about to buy it, but I wanna know if the beta has online play or not. If not, I'll probably wait for the full game.
im pretty sure its online or else it wouldnt be no need for beta?

do you guys no someway I can fix this?
Everytime I try to play a game. it says play DVD
What am I suppossed to do

Microsoft to buy Sega?!
Are you an avid Xbox 360 gamer? If so, chances are you are also a member of the 'old' SEGA faithful.

It's no secret that when SEGA fell out of the hardware market, most of the devout fans of 'home of the hedgehog' pledged allegiance to the Xbox brand. In part due to the early launch titles for the original Xbox - the classics 'Panzer Dragoon Orta' and 'Jet Grind Radio'. Both niche titles brought the SEGA faithful over to Microsoft's house for a party.

Much has changed over recent years though, with SEGA upping their release schedule across not just the Xbox brand, but also the Playstation and to a lesser extent, Nintendo consoles. This rather bulky release schedule helped SEGA rise from the ashes to become a once more successful part of the gaming front.

So it's no surprise that rumours are once again circulating that Microsoft may be about to make a move for SEGA (now SEGA Sammy Corp). It's certainly not the first time we've heard about such a move - the last mention of it being back in early 2004 when it was speculated upon on many industry sites such as The Register and Gamespot. When you think about it, such a move would make perfect sense.

Microsoft are expected to make a 'shocking and desperate' announcement at this years E3 - all we know is that it will be software related and nothing to do with hardware. It's also no secret that Microsoft has had a very hard time in Japan with the 360 - SEGA might be the very company to help turn that around.

SEGA has a huge back catalogue of titles that could be relied upon to help strengthen the Redmond giant in the land of the rising sun. Titles like Sonic, Daytona, Virtua Fighter, Sega Rally and of course the Panzer Dragoon series all have a serious following over there and having those exclusive to the Xbox platform would be a sure fire boost to the Xbox over the next few years.

SEGA Sammy shares have taken a battering over the last two years, dropping from a high of 2050,40yn down to 1020,00yn this week - that effectively halves the market value of the group making it an ideal takeover target.

A buyout of SEGA Sammy would certainly be far cheaper than trying to take on Yahoo and would position Microsoft well for the release of the next Xbox console.

We've contacted Microsoft to ask if there is any truth to the rumour, but expect the usual 'we do not comment on rumour and speculation' in response.

Roll on E3!
http://www.xbox360wire.co.uk/2008/06/13/microsoft-poised-to-buy-sega/
I know NCTwin won't be too happy about this
laugh.gif
smile.gif

Sega and Microsoft FTW!
pimp.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

That's your disc drive crapping out. Happened to mine too, but mine would also occasionally say "please insert this disc in an Xbox 360" Iwould be like $+#? What does it think it is then? Time to call for that coffin.

And for anyone good at networking, do you know how to fix my MODEM from Strict NAT? I hear that I'm supposed to change it to bridged mode but when Idid, my modem stopped broadcasting internet so I had to reset it to original settings. Help?

Originally Posted by nnarum

Microsoft to buy Sega?!
Are you an avid Xbox 360 gamer? If so, chances are you are also a member of the 'old' SEGA faithful.

It's no secret that when SEGA fell out of the hardware market, most of the devout fans of 'home of the hedgehog' pledged allegiance to the Xbox brand. In part due to the early launch titles for the original Xbox - the classics 'Panzer Dragoon Orta' and 'Jet Grind Radio'. Both niche titles brought the SEGA faithful over to Microsoft's house for a party.

Much has changed over recent years though, with SEGA upping their release schedule across not just the Xbox brand, but also the Playstation and to a lesser extent, Nintendo consoles. This rather bulky release schedule helped SEGA rise from the ashes to become a once more successful part of the gaming front.

So it's no surprise that rumours are once again circulating that Microsoft may be about to make a move for SEGA (now SEGA Sammy Corp). It's certainly not the first time we've heard about such a move - the last mention of it being back in early 2004 when it was speculated upon on many industry sites such as The Register and Gamespot. When you think about it, such a move would make perfect sense.

Microsoft are expected to make a 'shocking and desperate' announcement at this years E3 - all we know is that it will be software related and nothing to do with hardware. It's also no secret that Microsoft has had a very hard time in Japan with the 360 - SEGA might be the very company to help turn that around.

SEGA has a huge back catalogue of titles that could be relied upon to help strengthen the Redmond giant in the land of the rising sun. Titles like Sonic, Daytona, Virtua Fighter, Sega Rally and of course the Panzer Dragoon series all have a serious following over there and having those exclusive to the Xbox platform would be a sure fire boost to the Xbox over the next few years.

SEGA Sammy shares have taken a battering over the last two years, dropping from a high of 2050,40yn down to 1020,00yn this week - that effectively halves the market value of the group making it an ideal takeover target.

A buyout of SEGA Sammy would certainly be far cheaper than trying to take on Yahoo and would position Microsoft well for the release of the next Xbox console.

We've contacted Microsoft to ask if there is any truth to the rumour, but expect the usual 'we do not comment on rumour and speculation' in response.

Roll on E3!
http://www.xbox360wire.co.uk/2008/06/13/microsoft-poised-to-buy-sega/
I know NCTwin won't be too happy about this
laugh.gif
smile.gif

Sega and Microsoft FTW!
pimp.gif
eek.gif

That pic is
pimp.gif

I will be stealing this nnarum, so I hope you don't get mad if I post it in other threads
happy.gif

^Yeah that's ok. Just don't OD it
laugh.gif

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/881/881386p1.html
[h1]Microsoft Comments on Next Xbox[/h1]

[h2]Could Xbox 720 be completely digital?[/h2]

by Hilary Goldstein
June 12, 2008 - During a conversation with Shane Kim, the new Corporate Vice President of Strategy and Business Development at Microsoft offered very general commentary on the next Xbox console.

When asked if his new role includes looking at how Microsoft is going to transition into the next console, Kim said:

"How [do] you think about next generation? What is that next generation going to encompass? How are you even going to define that? All of that is part of the equation. What kind of geographic expansion do we need to see? Is the world more of an online world than a hardware-oriented world? I think there are some really fascinating opportunities in front of us."

While the statement offers no details, it does suggest that Microsoft is at least exploring the idea of launching a digital system rather than a traditional expensive piece of hardware.

We're likely several years from the next Xbox, so enjoy this brief statement. It may be the last we get for a while.
Hmmm, pretty interesting...

Originally Posted by ondadownlow

That's your disc drive crapping out. Happened to mine too, but mine would also occasionally say "please insert this disc in an Xbox 360" I would be like $+#? What does it think it is then? Time to call for that coffin.
frown.gif
If I just tell them the disk drive isn't working, willthey take it?
Or do I have to say I have 3 red lights?

That's your disc drive crapping out. Happened to mine too, but mine would also occasionally say "please insert this disc in an Xbox 360" I would be like $+#? What does it think it is then? Time to call for that coffin.
frown.gif
If I just tell them the disk drive isn't working, will they take it?

I think it's 1 year warranty for any fix, 3 year for RROD fix. So call them to make sure about warranties before you tell them what's wrong withit.

frown.gif

I think it's 1 year warranty for any fix, 3 year for RROD fix. So call them to make sure about warranties before you tell them what's wrong with it.

Yep. I kind of wish I had an instore warranty for mine... I've never had a problem with my Elite though... *Knock on wood*

^Yeah, I read a lot of people saying this is a bad idea because Sega hasn't made many great games lately... But with Microsoft behind them, I think MS willpush them to remake or continue Sega's great franchises... Why else would MS be willing to shell out money on them...? Anyway, I'm excited
pimp.gif

Hopefully they'll finally start doing something with sega's awesome backlot of game franchises rather then make a million more stupid fckin 3D sonicgames and sonic spinoff games. Speaking of which whatever happened to knuckles he was the best sonic character imo. Why did they change dr robotnik to eggmanthen stick with it its so fckin retarted.

Anyone gonna be on cod4 tonight hit me
GT johnnythrash666

frown.gif

I think it's 1 year warranty for any fix, 3 year for RROD fix. So call them to make sure about warranties before you tell them what's wrong with it.

dang it. It's been almost 2 years with mine

I've come to the conclusion that GTAIV is not fun. I might be trading it in. I hate how it forces you to have relations with people all the time. I would rather just do things on my own. I haven't played this game in a while either
Yea game lost its fun factor once you get to like the 60 missions.
smh.gif

SPOILER ALERT

I was Extra pissed that After all I went through I never got to sleep with kate.... Unless I missed something?

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Castle Crashers isn't only done, but now it's rated![/h2]
Posted Jun 15th 2008 11:00AM by Dustin BurgCastle Crashers isn't only done, but now it's rated!
Filed under: News, Xbox Live Arcade
-tadatizcastly39.jpg

Yes, we'll admit, we're a bit obsessively excited to play The Behemoth's Castle Crashers. And ever since we learned that development has wrapped we've been experiencing reserved excitement. Reserved only because our Castle Crashers wait has been full of delays, more development and more waiting which leaves us believing that there may be a chance that The Behemoth will announce that they've jumped back into development for some crazy reason, ultimately leading to a 2010 release. Scary thought, no? But we're pleased to reveal that there is absolutely no turning back with Castle Crashers' release, because we just learned that the game has been rated "T" (for teen) by the ESRB. This means we can now go from reserved excitement to full fledged, ecstatic, ADD filled excitement. We say, bring on the blood, gore, cartoon violence and crude humor! We're ready!

FINALLY. I have been waiting for this Arcade game for the longest time. This WILL be the greatest co-op arcade game to date.
pimp.gif

[h2][/h2]
[h2]MLG debuts newest Halo 3 map 'Cold Storage'[/h2]Posted Jun 15th 2008 1:05AM by Dustin Burg

DSC_3931.jpg

In a very ninja-like and surprising move, team Bungie decided to use this weekend's MLG San Diego event to debut one of their work-in-progress Halo 3 multiplayer maps called Cold Storage.

Bungie's own Lukems and Shishka unveiled the new map yesterday and let MLG San Diego attendees watch a few MLG Pros duke it out in the chilly new map. Of course, details are super duper scarce seeing that Bungie hasn't formally announced Cold Storage outside of the MLG event, but we do know one major piece of info about the map. We know that Halo 3's Cold Storage is a pretty strict remake of one of Halo: CE's most popular close quarters maps Chill Out. Crazy huh? And to keep your new Halo 3 map salivaters salivating, you can jump over to MLG.com to view a few off-screen pictures of Cold Storage in all its awesomeness. Now we wait for more Bungie approved details ...
Man, I need to start playing Halo more. My BR and snipe are slipping.

Wow nice to see ya xtian way to jip me for iss feedback by the way lol

I finally played halo 3 again the other day I must say call od dutys a million times better.

What's the word on another call of duty map pack I still need to grab the new one too I played all the levels and thought they were pretty good especiallychinatown.

Back
Top Bottom