Official XBOX 360 Thread: Tekken 6 on 360!

Yesterday was a sad day... I sold all of my HD DVD's except Planet Earth... Going to fund my Blu-ray collection... Not right away though. I'm waitingfor prices to come down. Damn I wanted HD DVD to win too... I think it's better than Blu-ray, the best feature was the DVD on the other side of some. Youcould easily borrow your movie out to friends and family.

BTW, Bestbuy still hasn't sent my $50 HD DVD card
indifferent.gif

[h2]http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/0...sible-first-glimpse-into-halo-3s-purple-reig/[/h2]
[h2]Ancient picture possible first glimpse into Halo 3's Purple Reign[/h2]
Posted May 26th 2008 6:00PM by Xav de Matos
Filed under: Rumors
Plugging Halo 3 Purple Reign into your favorite search engine will link you to almost every major message board ignited by the discovery of an image used in a NY Times article from October 2007. Halo fanatics are adamant that the image (above) is the first real look at the upcoming Halo 3 map, Purple Reign.

Based on the description from Bungie on the recently delayed map this image could be a section from Purple Reign. Skeptical message board users claim the image could be a stock photo from Bungie's Halo 2 Midship days, pre-destruction photos of the Cortana level or even shots from the High Charity section of Halo 2's campaign mode. One commenter is sure he heard former community lead Frank O'Connor and Luke Smith talk about this image claiming it wasn't the new map but we couldn't find a source to validate that point.

Be it Purple Reign or not one thing is certain, gamers are still itching for more Halo action. The official description of Purple Reign, which adds weight to this image being true, after the jump.
New maps already?
possiblepurplereign.jpg

[h2]First glimpse of the Rock Band Stage Kit[/h2]
Posted May 26th 2008 5:15PM by Dustin Burg
Filed under: News, Peripherals
If you recall, this past February a new (and still unannounced) Rock Band peripheral called the Stage Kit was spotted over on Gamestop's website. Back then, we were only given images of what the light and smoke peripheral's box looked like, but it was enough to warrant Stage Kit / WALL•E / police spot light comparisons. Now, Gamestop has since updated their Stage Kit pre-order page with a new picture of the peripherals including what looks to be a 360 controller / strobe light hybrid. Gamestop also pegged the (GASP!) $100 peripheral for an August 15th release, so gather what info you can from that.
itzastagekitinfleshy.jpg

Guitar Hero > Rock Band IMO.

[h2]http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/05/26/june-bugs-bring-us-a-halo-3-matchmaking-update/[/h2]
[h2]June bugs bring us a Halo 3 matchmaking update[/h2]
Posted May 26th 2008 4:30PM by Dustin Burg
Filed under: News

Halo 3 matchmaking news (which was painstakingly mined from Friday's Bungie Weekly Update) has arrived, informing us that next month Bungie will be switching up and tweaking Halo 3's matchmaking playlists. Among the changes that are set to go live on June 1st are a new Head to Head playlist and random updates to nearly every other playlist that's available, with special emphasis on making the underperforming Ranked Big Team Battle more inviting. Make the jump to read the complete June Halo 3 matchmaking update breakdown and get learnified.

[h2]http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/05/26/sunday-deals-50-gift-cards-and-ninja-gaiden-ii-wall-clings/[/h2]
[h2]Sunday deals: $50 gift cards and Ninja Gaiden II wall clings[/h2]
Posted May 26th 2008 3:00PM by Dustin Burg
Filed under: Deals and Bargains

It's Memorial Day today and that means it's time to hit up the ATM and go shopping. Shopping for amazingly great Xbox 360 deals all of which we'll inform you about in this post. So, shall we get to it?

This week, Best Buy is offering up a free Ninja Gaiden II wall cling with any Ninja Gaiden II pre-order, Karaoke Revolution Presents: AIE, Call of Duty 4: GOTY edition and RSV2 each for $50 as well as Assassin's Creed for $40. Over at Circuit City, they're giving away a $10 gift card with the purchase of Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, selling the Rock Band bundle for $150 and COD2, Saints Row, Sonic the Hedgehog and World Series of Poker for $10. Over at Target stores, they have Halo 3 for $38 and are offering 1600 Microsoft point cards for $15. Finally, all major retailers (including Best Buy, Circuit City and Target) are offering a free $50 gift card with the purchase of an Xbox 360 console and Grand Theft Auto IV on the same receipt. Happy shopping!

Gamefly *****!

No more buying sports games which have the lowest resell value... This is crack... I only have the one game rental right now.
Does anyone else have it? How do you like it? I'm still kind of new with GF...

Originally Posted by nnarum

Gamefly *****!

No more buying sports games which have the lowest resell value... This is crack... I only have the one game rental right now.
Does anyone else have it? How do you like it? I'm still kind of new with GF...
been using it since the summer of 2004, im on the 3game plan with my BBy DC now. i love it, their local distribution center is a bout 10minutes awayin inglewood so i get my gaqmes like next day. Also, i LOVE it for whenever some of the games I own get too beat, i order the same game and do the oldfashioned switcharoo
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Anyone else getting these weird messages in Halo of people trying to send screen shots saying check out this new armor? Random as hell, I don't open them.

Anyone else getting these weird messages in Halo of people trying to send screen shots saying check out this new armor? Random as hell, I don't open them.
geah i got one last night too..but i was too busy playing COD4 so i didnt check it out..prolly later doe

Don't count on Call of Duty 4 style XP or perks, Cliff says they will not be adding these types of character building elements to the Gears universe.
frown.gif

Oh man, one thing I was really hoping they would add in GoW2.

I can't believe none of you guys posted this yet...

From xboxkings:

[table][tr][td]Rumour: Killer Instinct 3 Heading To Xbox 360?[/td] [td]27/05/2008 | 13:09[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
245.jpg
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
DC R1D3R, 27/05/2008 - The latest rumour to hit the interweb (and the latest edition of EGM magazine) speculates that the folks over at Rare HQ, are now secretly working on a sequel to their combo-breaking beat-em up, Killer Instinct 3. The first Killer Instinct hit arcades around the globe in the early 90's and gained quite a cult following due to it's ground breaking visuals, brutality and the infamous "Ultra Combo".

Killer Instinct 2 released a few years later and despite not being as popular as the first, was an awesome fighter to play none the less. With over a decade since the last iteration, Killer Instinct 3 would be a very welcome addition to the series and although these are just rumours for now, let's hope Rare come up with the goods!

I also found this image on eurogamer.pt:
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]
ss_preview_killer3d.jpg.jpg

This could be big...unless the big N knocks it down like GoldenEye...

eek.gif
eek.gif
Awesome if true!! my 2 characters were orchid and the chief.. forgot his name, but i mastered those 2 in KI 1
pimp.gif

[h2]http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/05/26/rare-at-work-on-killer-instinct-3-nope/[/h2]
[h2]Rare at work on Killer Instinct 3? Nope![/h2]
Posted May 26th 2008 12:30AM by Terrence Stasse
Filed under: Fan stuff, Rumors
This rumor has been circulating the web for years now, and from the looks of things Rare actually wants it to be that way. Coming to us via Joystiq and beginning life over at the Quartermann rumors section of 1up, the latest incarnation of the rumor holds that Rare is a working on Killer Instinct 3D: Death! Destruction! Doom! in addition to Banjo and Viva. There are other details in the Quartermann article, but they don't matter much, considering that the source of his rumor seems to be a poster hung on the wall of Rare HQ (pictured above) which actually uses old Killer Instinct art, basically proving that Rare put it there to mess with us. Besides, what kind of subtitle is Death! Destruction! Doom! anyway? That's sillier than what MDK supposedly stands for!

So what have we learned? Quartermann's rumors are often suspect, Rare has a strange (but awesome) sense of humor in messing with the press, and we quite likely won't ever, EVER, see Killer Instinct 3.
Not to be a party pooper, but... I don't think we'll ever see it. Nintendo will try to pull a Goldeneye...

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Don't count on Call of Duty 4 style XP or perks, Cliff says they will not be adding these types of character building elements to the Gears universe.
frown.gif

Oh man, one thing I was really hoping they would add in GoW2.

I disagree. Thank GOD they didn't add this to Gears. It would really change the whole dynamic of the game. If I want perks, I'll go to COD 4.

Yesterday was a sad day... I sold all of my HD DVD's except Planet Earth... Going to fund my Blu-ray collection... Not right away though. I'm waiting for prices to come down. Damn I wanted HD DVD to win too... I think it's better than Blu-ray, the best feature was the DVD on the other side of some. You could easily borrow your movie out to friends and family.

BTW, Bestbuy still hasn't sent my $50 HD DVD card
indifferent.gif
yea i borrow all my brothers blu ray movies... i havent tried putting his hd dvd double sided standard versions in my ps 3 yet though. yo know if itwill play in the ps3?
laugh.gif

Killer Instinct 3? I wouldn't mind that, but I would rather see Killer Instinct 1 (the arcade version) on Xbox Live Arcade.

Amazon is having a bunch of sales for 360 items today...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=nav_tdpop_gb

Gold Box deal of the day : COD4 for 39.99 (with the extra maps - GOTY edition)
Lightning deal going on now : Rainbow 6: Vegas 2 for 29.99! (62% gone already, limited edition)
Lightning deal at 10am PST : Scene it w/ 4 controllers
Lightning deal at 2pm PST : Monster Jam
Lightning deal at 6pm PST : Frontlines: Fuel of War

Originally Posted by Los Angeles Fresh

Time to stock on Microsoft points. I believe they're 15 bucks right now too. Not 100% sure though.
aouhpu.jpg

d5b15fe7801c17dcc47aa6a3a8e415f86cf26fc.pjpg

thank you javi!!! i just ran out

Originally Posted by MilitaryIV

Amazon is having a bunch of sales for 360 items today...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=nav_tdpop_gb

Lightning deal going on now : Rainbow 6: Vegas 2 for 29.99! (62 85% gone already, limited edition)

is it worth $30? ...note ive been on CoD4 for 10+ days and im not slowin down
tired.gif

Not sure... I roll with Gamefly right now...
pimp.gif

Gears 2 is a day 1 cop though
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom