Official XBOX 360 Thread: Tekken 6 on 360!

From IGN:
[h1]Xbox 360 'Opus' Motherboard Discovered[/h1]

[h2]The Falcon mobo has arrived, and Jasper is on the way. What's an Opus?[/h2]

We've been following the Xbox 360's various hardware alterations for quite a while now, and it's been a pretty interesting story so far. From the original, RRoD prone Xenon mobo to the Zephyr and Falcon successors as well as the upcoming Jasper design, there's been no shortage of news in the field. Today, as a matter of fact, we've got a look at another Xbox 360 chipset, the extremely rare "Opus" as discovered by member Electric Tunder on the Xbox-Underground forums.

Designed specifically to help Microsoft recoup losses on RRoD'd hardware that's been returned for repairs, the Opus chipset is a Falcon-generation mobo that'll snap into original Xenon Xbox 360s. Because it is installed in refurbished Xbox 360 launch chasses, the Opus lacks HDMI-out. It does, however, feature the Falcon-era HANA video chip that supports digital output, which means a really skilled modder could potentially retrofit such a connection.

The Opus also looks to be sporting the 65-nm CPU from the Falcon chipset due to the new-style heatsink mounted on chip. The Opus is, in essence, simply an HDMI-lacking Falcon chipset that'll fit in original Xbox 360 cases. Owners of pre-HDMI Xbox 360 consoles who send in dead systems for repair should expect to start seeing these guts in their repaired consoles.
Seems like it might be a better time than ever to finally scoop one up...

My xbox just got one flashig light and microsoft won't repair it for free because its not 3 flashing lights. Is there anyway I can make my 360 get 3flashing lights so I wouldn't have to pay

Originally Posted by bonafide125

My xbox just got one flashig light and microsoft won't repair it for free because its not 3 flashing lights. Is there anyway I can make my 360 get 3 flashing lights so I wouldn't have to pay

Red Ring it yourself. Wrap the 360 in a towel and leave it on. It should RR in no time

Originally Posted by JoRdaN DoN

Originally Posted by nnarum

Originally Posted by JoRdaN DoN

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by nnarum

Madden demo is live! So is the Facebreaker demo... Downloading now...

Anyone get a 60gb 360 yet? I was thinking of picking one up... If you have, can you tell me the power rating on the box or the power brick? Thanks

I think ima sell one of my 20gb 360s for a 60 gb... dont know when though

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]How much is the 60gb Xbox360???[/color]
1,000th post
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

$349.99...

i just bought the 299.99 xbox
eyes.gif
....I could care less about memory cuz i got a un-used elite hard-drive just sitting in my drawer....
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Do we really need all that memory, cause i've barely made a dent in my 12 GB harddrive...[/color]

Optional game installs FTW!

Originally Posted by ondadownlow

My xbox just got one flashig light and microsoft won't repair it for free because its not 3 flashing lights. Is there anyway I can make my 360 get 3 flashing lights so I wouldn't have to pay

Red Ring it yourself. Wrap the 360 in a towel and leave it on. It should RR in no time
I tried that yesterday had it wrapped in towels for 3 hours. All I got was 2 lights. I'm depressed

well when the fall update drops and the ability to cache your games and play without the system having to actually read the disc you might think about it again

Originally Posted by ondadownlow

I tried that yesterday had it wrapped in towels for 3 hours. All I got was 2 lights. I'm depressed

Do it again but let that joint fry as long as you can bare to look at your poor suffering sexbox.

My XBOX (3rd one) is back and is working!!!!
WOOT.
I officially have no life until my girl comes in a couple weeks,
smile.gif

Halo 3, COD, GH2, GH3, Rock Band, Soul Calibur, and Lost Odyssey... ouch
Not to mention PS3 games I want to beat as well.

Any news on some new downloads for gta4..and do you think there will be any new maps for cod4 before the new one drops??

Just got the coffin.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Goodbye old x-box....You will be missed
tired.gif
. Sorry for the Ninjahood sizedpic btw...
2924g0h.jpg

Double exp for Halo 3 on Team Melee.

Starting this morning, Team Melee is available as a Double EXP Weekend feature in Halo 3. As you might guess from the name, Team Melee focuses on everybody's best friends, the Gravity Hammer and the Energy Sword. Three teams of three face off in a combination of slayer and objective gametypes. Try not to lose an eye out there.

Team Melee is available from July 31st, 11am PDT until August 4, at 2am. All DLC is required for participation. Enjoy!

[h3]http://arstechnica.com/journals/thu...k-360-price-cuts-on-all-hardware-in-september[/h3]
[h3]Mole attack: 360 price cuts on all hardware in September[/h3]
By Ben Kuchera | Published: August 01, 2008 - 09:12AM CT

It's hard to describe what it's like to wake up with a knife between your teeth. You try to spit, because the taste of steel makes you think you've bitten down on your tongue and you're tasting the bitter copper of your blood, but the blade keeps your lips peeled apart. You can't scream, because if you pull your facial muscles taut you'll only get cut worse. I took a deep breath, and saw a once-familiar face, now hideous.

"Do you want to know how I got these scars?" the mole asked me. I was too scared to nod. "Well, my employer is a drinker, and a fiend. One day he found out that I was giving information to a certain gaming writer, and he didn't like that. NOT. ONE. BIT."

I started shaking.

"So he went into the other room and got a knife, and said one thing to me: WHY SO SERIOUS? Then he got to work," the mole told me, and suddenly he was cutting into my forehead. I screamed.

Soon, he was gone, and all I had, carved into my skin, was the pricing schedule of the Xbox 360. It's information I will now share with you:
[h3]Early Sept price reduction on X360 hardware:[/h3]
  • Arcade (no hard drive) to $199
  • Pro (60GB) to $299
  • Elite (120GB) to $399
We should also expect hardware and game bundles for all hardware versions coming in the fourth quarter, just in time for the holidays.

In addition, the mole revealed that the upcoming release of Forza 2 Platinum Hits will include all the DLC tracks that were made for the title, which is a good way to add value to the game.

The last time the mole talked to me, before he became a super-villain, he told me the 60GB model of the hardware was coming, and he was right on the money with that one. Those prices should be considered rumors, but I'd be very surprised if this wasn't accurate information. Very sexy pricing.

^ lol the batman lines were unneccesary but still cool ig.
I wanna see if i can sell my 360 for like 280 or something to someone so i can get the 60 gb.

They still send coffins? Last week i called them for repair(2nd time RRod)
all they did is snd me a shipping label thru e-mail so its much faster.
i got the email the day after.

Originally Posted by onedollarballah23

They still send coffins? Last week i called them for repair(2nd time RRod)
all they did is snd me a shipping label thru e-mail so its much faster.
i got the email the day after.

Yeah, they gave me the option to do what you did. Or wait for them to send the coffin.

Now that i think about it, I shouldve done what you did....
smh.gif

I just set up my Media Center and used it for the first time...it is CRAZY! I can't believe I slept on this for so long!! And I never hear anyone talkingabout it.

Originally Posted by Dynasty Raider

I just set up my Media Center and used it for the first time...it is CRAZY! I can't believe I slept on this for so long!! And I never hear anyone talking about it.

And I thought you were a heavy XBOX user. I see you get online but never hit you up from the Madden days. But yeah...its NCAA for the next few weeks. Butyeah, AVI's, + XBOX 360 = playa, girls be like, where its coming from....you'll have an archive before you know it.

Back
Top Bottom