Official XBOX 360 Thread: Tekken 6 on 360!

Originally Posted by xblaze23

For those in need of Xbox Live subscriptions. This guy on Amazon sells 12 month of xbox live + extra mic + 200 ms points for 29.99 + 2.99 shipping. If he sells out, fear not because he restocks usually every night:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/...g/B000B6MLQY/ref=dp_olp_2

back to the quiz! Which team did Real Madrid beat in the Champions League final for their record 9th Champions League title. Hint: Zidane scored the game winner.
Good deal on the Live I gotta get on that once he re-ups. Anyone have a bad mic straight out of the box? I swear mine never worked from the start.I'm thinking about getting the NFL Motorola one
pimp.gif

the good: its gears of war
the bad: 59.99
the ugly: waiting till release date
laugh.gif
more or less.

Okay let me try to add some though.. from what i know:

Party system included (still not sure if this means true matchmaking though, or just a party you can move around to different game types.. anybody have exactwording on this?)
New guns
Less buggy - less sticking to walls, smoother transitions from runs to rolls, etc
New game modes sound fun (meatflag? 6 online modes altogether)
Campaign mode is longer than the OG.
online is 5 v 5 now.. also a 2 person mode, up to 5 teams in one match.
Horde mode - you and a team face off on a map against wave after wave of AI enemies that get increasingly harder, in an attempt to get to level 50 and achievea high score for online.
10 new maps, 5 remakes from OG.

Uh... that's all i got off the top of my head.

Hopefully it's less laggy - host is a huge issue in the first game, obviously.. it could make or break the game.

Lighting looks much more theatrical this time around - very cool look in the vids i've seen so far.

Unlockable characters, new achievements and rules for it (only your first kill of each type counts towards your achievements, so you can't try for 10chainsaws in one match - only one per match will count towards your count to prevent whoring of stupid achievement hunters).

Okay taht's it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

alright people, gears of war 2 dropping soon.... and i havent been following up on it....

whats new?
the good, the bad , the ugly?

nerd.gif

November can't come soon enough
eek.gif

I will say this though.. I pray I dont have to face off against the Berserker again in GoW2..

Berserker wasn't that bad. I rather take on a Berserker than a bunch of Boomers. I effin' hate those things.

Originally Posted by Feasting Horns

For those in need of Xbox Live subscriptions. This guy on Amazon sells 12 month of xbox live + extra mic + 200 ms points for 29.99 + 2.99 shipping. If he sells out, fear not because he restocks usually every night:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/...g/B000B6MLQY/ref=dp_olp_2

back to the quiz! Which team did Real Madrid beat in the Champions League final for their record 9th Champions League title. Hint: Zidane scored the game winner.
Good deal on the Live I gotta get on that once he re-ups. Anyone have a bad mic straight out of the box? I swear mine never worked from the start. I'm thinking about getting the NFL Motorola one
pimp.gif
That link doesn't work .

[h2][/h2]
[h2]San Andreas to become an Xbox Original[/h2]
Posted Oct 16th 2008 3:00PM by Dustin Burg
Filed under: News, Xbox Live Marketplace

According to Xbox.com's Xbox Originals section of the web, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas will be releasing to the Marketplace as a 1200 Microsoft point Xbox Original download. Though, we don't exactly know when, because Microsoft has yet to officially announce it or its release, but according to the Xbox.com page, next Monday, October 20th will be the time to cruise the streets of San Andreas.
smokin.gif

[h2]http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/10/17/world-at-war-beta-update-raises-level-cap-adds-playlists/[/h2]
[h2]World at War beta update raises level cap, adds playlists[/h2]
Posted Oct 17th 2008 1:00PM by Dustin Burg
Filed under: News, Call of Duty: World at War

Treyarch community manager JD just posted an update on the official Call of Duty: World at War forums, informing the masses that a World at War beta update is headed our way. An update that'll increase the leveling cap and add a few new playlists.

The update will release sometime later today or on Saturday, adding hardcore playlists, a search and destroy playlist and will increase the level cap to 24 which unlocks new perks and challenges. The update will also fix some game bugs and glitches. So, watch your head ... a World at War beta update is about to drop.

Originally Posted by KneeNoh

How long is the WaW beta going to last?
I hope the update fixes the glitch under the map

I think on the actual release date. I've been trying to find that out myself.

how many players can get down on online co-op in GOW2? i'm hearing everything from 2-4-8? can anyone confirm?

Originally Posted by akf0dy7

how many players can get down on online co-op in GOW2? i'm hearing everything from 2-4-8? can anyone confirm?
  • Ten person, 5v5 online multiplayer.
  • Yes, Gears of War 2 will have a Halo-style matchmaking system.
  • There will be respawning multiplayer modes, but the focus is still towards traditional non-respawn gaming.
I'm really excited about the Halo style matchmaking. Easily the best online feature of any game.

Originally Posted by nnarum

• There will be respawning multiplayer modes, but the focus is still towards traditional non-respawn gaming.
I'm really excited about the Halo style matchmaking. Easily the best online feature of any game.

Anyone know if there's going to be a true-ranking system involved with the matchmaking or if it's just randomly matching you againstpeople searching the same games? i pray for a ranking system, but i'm guessing it's not coming.

Nice... I think I will be playing all weekend. Is the update live yet?

My roomates gamertag is Boscher, if you want to add him. He is pretty good. No sniper, though...
laugh.gif

To be completely honest, I may cop a 360 JUST for Fable II
eek.gif

Can't wait for Fable II to come out and also Gears. These next couple weeks are gonna be good.

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Nice... I think I will be playing all weekend. Is the update live yet?

My roomates gamertag is Boscher, if you want to add him. He is pretty good. No sniper, though...
laugh.gif

To be completely honest, I may cop a 360 JUST for Fable II
eek.gif

Hey man, if you're going to be playing later today, add me. Gamertag is "nnarum"

Toys R Us is really pissing me off... I wanted to get Saints Row 2 in that deal, but no. They don't have it and don't know when they'll get it...They do have Dead Space...

I want to do a "filler" for Fable or Gears, but now might do for both and just get 2k9 as my free game...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Anyone know if there's going to be a true-ranking system involved with the matchmaking or if it's just randomly matching you against people searching the same games? i pray for a ranking system, but i'm guessing it's not coming.

my bad, i meant co-op as in the single player campaign. like in the first one where you could pick Marcus & Dom? anyone know if instead of only you coulddo 3 or 4??

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

[h2][/h2]
[h2]San Andreas to become an Xbox Original[/h2]
Posted Oct 16th 2008 3:00PM by Dustin Burg
Filed under: News, Xbox Live Marketplace

According to Xbox.com's Xbox Originals section of the web, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas will be releasing to the Marketplace as a 1200 Microsoft point Xbox Original download. Though, we don't exactly know when, because Microsoft has yet to officially announce it or its release, but according to the Xbox.com page, next Monday, October 20th will be the time to cruise the streets of San Andreas.
smokin.gif

The G.O.A.T...Copped!
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom