Official XBOX 360 Thread: Tekken 6 on 360!

Originally Posted by syrnerd

For those of you that still need Beta codes. Go to this link and register as a free member, do the security verification, and boom seconds later you get a code.

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/codwaw/
pimp.gif

[h1]Microsoft Patents Censorship Software[/h1]

[h2]A program that actively detects and censors words.[/h2]

by Chris Iaquinta

October 20, 2008 - Trying to censor live broadcasting of any kind has always been an issue, and in some cases, practically impossible. Live TV, for example, is forced to run on a delay of seven seconds or more to give producers the opportunity to catch f-bombs from witty rappers that want to liven up their award ceremony acceptance speeches. While in the gaming world, services like Xbox LIVE and Team Speak have practically no defense in the war on profanity terrorism. But a new patent awarded to Microsoft may finally give little Johnny's ears a rest next time he melee's a foul-mouthed Covenant in Halo 3.

Back in 2004, Microsoft applied for a patent that would allow for the real-time censoring of audio streams, a patent that has now been approved by the USPTO.

Labeled U.S. patent No. 7437290, the patent is listed as the "automatic censorship of audio data for broadcast." How does it work? Well, for those that have a four-year degree in electronic programming, here's the smart guy explanation:

"The automatic censoring filter employs a lattice comprising either phonemes and/or words derived from phonemes for comparison against corresponding phonemes or words included in undesired speech data. If the probability that a phoneme or word in the input audio data stream matches a corresponding phoneme or word in the undesired speech data is greater than a probability threshold, the input audio data stream is altered so that the undesired word or a phrase comprising a plurality of such words is unintelligible or inaudible."

And for everyone else, in layman's terms the technology allows the company to program a list of predefined bad words that will be automatically bleep/filtered out of an audio stream.

The censor filter can help large broadcast companies avoid the expensive fines imposed by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for when profanity is leaked over the airwaves, and can also be used in smaller applications for family oriented settings.

The news of the patent should definitely make some large corporate media producers very happy, and the gaming community should rejoice at the concept that in the very near future resides a chance that one of the worst problems plaguing online gaming may finally come to an end. That is, unless you enjoy being verbally assaulted by a pre-teen opponent every time they put a sticky grenade on your face.

Originally Posted by bonafide125

tell us everything you have discovered about gow2 already
PLEASE DO NOT POST SPOILERS! If you must discuss what happens in the game, please do in a PM... Don't ruin the story for everyone who iswaiting for their copy.

Originally Posted by nnarum

[h1]Microsoft Patents Censorship Software[/h1]

[h2]A program that actively detects and censors words.[/h2]

by Chris Iaquinta

October 20, 2008 - Trying to censor live broadcasting of any kind has always been an issue, and in some cases, practically impossible. Live TV, for example, is forced to run on a delay of seven seconds or more to give producers the opportunity to catch f-bombs from witty rappers that want to liven up their award ceremony acceptance speeches. While in the gaming world, services like Xbox LIVE and Team Speak have practically no defense in the war on profanity terrorism. But a new patent awarded to Microsoft may finally give little Johnny's ears a rest next time he melee's a foul-mouthed Covenant in Halo 3.

Back in 2004, Microsoft applied for a patent that would allow for the real-time censoring of audio streams, a patent that has now been approved by the USPTO.

Labeled U.S. patent No. 7437290, the patent is listed as the "automatic censorship of audio data for broadcast." How does it work? Well, for those that have a four-year degree in electronic programming, here's the smart guy explanation:

"The automatic censoring filter employs a lattice comprising either phonemes and/or words derived from phonemes for comparison against corresponding phonemes or words included in undesired speech data. If the probability that a phoneme or word in the input audio data stream matches a corresponding phoneme or word in the undesired speech data is greater than a probability threshold, the input audio data stream is altered so that the undesired word or a phrase comprising a plurality of such words is unintelligible or inaudible."

And for everyone else, in layman's terms the technology allows the company to program a list of predefined bad words that will be automatically bleep/filtered out of an audio stream.

The censor filter can help large broadcast companies avoid the expensive fines imposed by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for when profanity is leaked over the airwaves, and can also be used in smaller applications for family oriented settings.

The news of the patent should definitely make some large corporate media producers very happy, and the gaming community should rejoice at the concept that in the very near future resides a chance that one of the worst problems plaguing online gaming may finally come to an end. That is, unless you enjoy being verbally assaulted by a pre-teen opponent every time they put a sticky grenade on your face.
Originally Posted by bonafide125

tell us everything you have discovered about gow2 already
PLEASE DO NOT POST SPOILERS! If you must discuss what happens in the game, please do in a PM... Don't ruin the story for everyone who is waiting for their copy.

all you would here from me on COD4 would be bleeps and breathing
indifferent.gif

syrnerd

YOU THE MAN!!!

I got my code in less than 1 minute! clicked submit...refreshed my inbox and BAM!

Downloading as I type this! Thanks!!!

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

syrnerd

YOU THE MAN!!!

I got my code in less than 1 minute! clicked submit...refreshed my inbox and BAM!

just paying it forward from what 562 was doing for NT a couple pages back, my beta came from him

Originally Posted by syrnerd

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

syrnerd

YOU THE MAN!!!

just paying it forward from what 562 was doing for NT a couple pages back, my beta came from him

props dude
smokin.gif
THIS is what the old NT was all about

October 21, 2008 1:24 PM PDT
[h1]Microsoft delaying Xbox Live Primetime[/h1]
Posted by Daniel Terdiman 11 comments
ss-games_540x303.jpg

A screen from the new Xbox Live Experience, which is set to launch on Nov. 19. Microsoft is now delaying one critical element of the service, the Primetime series of interactive games, according to a published report.
(Credit: Microsoft)

Updated 1:42 p.m. PDT: Adds Microsoft comment.

At E3 last summer, Microsoft said it would soon be unveiling a new piece of its larger Xbox Live puzzle known as "Primetime." Essentially, it would be an ongoing series of game shows that players could participate in with friends using the soon-to-launch new Xbox Live Experience.

But Forbes reported Wednesday that Microsoft has decided to put off the launch of the Primetime element of XBE until spring, citing technical reasons.

"Aaron Greenberg, group marketing manager for Microsoft, said the company is still very dedicated to the concept of Primetime and continues to work on it," Forbes reported. "And, to be honest, the Redmond, Wash., team could find a way to make the delay a good move ultimately. If nothing else, the company will have more time to polish Primetime."

The plan, however, had been that the Primetime offering would be integral to the full Xbox Live Experience, which is scheduled for a Nov. 19 launch. Now it appears that Microsoft is going to have to tuck its tail a little bit between its legs as it pulls back on that original E3 promise.

The new Xbox Live Experience has a series of noteworthy features including a new avatars system, online game playing parties, and party channels and more.

Microsoft had this to say on the topic:
The New Xbox Experience is our most ambitious undertaking and a platform that will grow over time, with the addition of new and exciting features for you, your friends and your family. Consumers will see a groundbreaking experience starting this November, with a new, easy-to-navigate interface; access to a vast catalog of arcade games; and the addition of 12,000 movies and TV episodes through Netflix, creating a full entertainment library of more than 30,000 HD and standard movies and TV episodes available on Xbox 360. Building on this experience, Primetime will get its own spotlight in the Spring of 2009.

Originally posted at Crave

Originally Posted by Feasting Horns

October 21, 2008 1:24 PM PDT
[h1]Microsoft delaying Xbox Live Primetime[/h1]
Posted by Daniel Terdiman 11 comments
ss-games_540x303.jpg

A screen from the new Xbox Live Experience, which is set to launch on Nov. 19. Microsoft is now delaying one critical element of the service, the Primetime series of interactive games, according to a published report.
(Credit: Microsoft)

Updated 1:42 p.m. PDT: Adds Microsoft comment.

At E3 last summer, Microsoft said it would soon be unveiling a new piece of its larger Xbox Live puzzle known as "Primetime." Essentially, it would be an ongoing series of game shows that players could participate in with friends using the soon-to-launch new Xbox Live Experience.

But Forbes reported Wednesday that Microsoft has decided to put off the launch of the Primetime element of XBE until spring, citing technical reasons.

"Aaron Greenberg, group marketing manager for Microsoft, said the company is still very dedicated to the concept of Primetime and continues to work on it," Forbes reported. "And, to be honest, the Redmond, Wash., team could find a way to make the delay a good move ultimately. If nothing else, the company will have more time to polish Primetime."

The plan, however, had been that the Primetime offering would be integral to the full Xbox Live Experience, which is scheduled for a Nov. 19 launch. Now it appears that Microsoft is going to have to tuck its tail a little bit between its legs as it pulls back on that original E3 promise.

The new Xbox Live Experience has a series of noteworthy features including a new avatars system, online game playing parties, and party channels and more.

Microsoft had this to say on the topic:
The New Xbox Experience is our most ambitious undertaking and a platform that will grow over time, with the addition of new and exciting features for you, your friends and your family. Consumers will see a groundbreaking experience starting this November, with a new, easy-to-navigate interface; access to a vast catalog of arcade games; and the addition of 12,000 movies and TV episodes through Netflix, creating a full entertainment library of more than 30,000 HD and standard movies and TV episodes available on Xbox 360. Building on this experience, Primetime will get its own spotlight in the Spring of 2009.
Originally posted at Crave

sounds
pimp.gif
avy's on XBL
laugh.gif

smh.gif
at the push back though

Back
Top Bottom