Which next gen Xbox will you purchase

• Xbox Series X

Votes: 130 78.8%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 28 17.0%
  • Both

Votes: 7 4.2%

• Total voters
I really hope this Activision/Microsoft merger goes through. I think it can change the landscape of gaming a bit in the US, especially if COD is added to Game Pass.

Change it how? Initially it’ll be good for consumers but I think at some point the quality of some of these games that we enjoy is going to take a dip. I can’t really speak on Xbox games right now but I don’t think games like Elden Ring, Grand Theft Auto, Final Fantasy etc. aren’t going to benefit from Game Pass like services due to their expensive budgets. I think the plan is to eventually make Game Pass 90% first party titles only with the occasional third party, indie title sprinkled in. If that happens, I’m fine with it but I don’t want every title on a subscription service. It’s gonna be hell if we get to a point similar to what we’re seeing with TV streaming.

I just feel it’ll bring more gamers to the Xbox ecosystem if they know they can get the newest COD day 1 essentially for free. I don’t expect a GTA title to ever be on Game Pass(not including San Andreas) but I can definitely see Elden Ring and future Final Fantasy titles. Of course not day 1, but down the line.

Don’t really expect quality to dip plus I think Microsoft is more so pushing for the all digital future more than Sony or Nintendo so Game Pass is definitely beneficial.

If anything if quality has “dipped”, it’s more so the lack of innovation in AAA titles. More developers seem to be OK with pumping out sequels or rehashes compared to previous generations.

MS says they are gonna fight this, they have a strong case.

Look at what the FTC wrote....

In a complaint issued today, the FTC pointed to Microsoft's record of acquiring and using valuable gaming content to suppress competition from rival consoles, including its acquisition of ZeniMax, parent company of Bethesda Softworks (a well-known game developer). Microsoft decided to make several of Bethesda's titles including Starfield and Redfall Microsoft exclusives despite assurances it had given to European antitrust authorities that it had no incentive to withhold games from rival consoles.

"Microsoft has already shown that it can and will withhold content from its gaming rivals," said Holly Vedova, Director of the FTC's Bureau of Competition. "Today we seek to stop Microsoft from gaining control over a leading independent game studio and using it to harm competition in multiple dynamic and fast-growing gaming markets."

So part of their case is basically they have to protect Sony, the market leader. With all the deals Sony cuts to block content :lol:

MS lawyers gonna put in work

Yeah I read that the FTC doesn’t have a great track record in terms of suing :lol:

Might be a long shot but I don’t think Sony actually thought it would go this far, I think they’re just trying to buy some time. They’ve invested in 10 GaaS and they’re probably hoping to get some of the out before the deal go through. If they can even get a fraction of what Fortnite makes, they’ll probably be happy.

MS should pull COD off of PS when the deal goes through :rofl:

It’s just perfomative. FTC routinely loses in court. They have to make a stance to stand up against corps but they know they can’t win

I just feel it’ll bring more gamers to the Xbox ecosystem if they know they can get the newest COD day 1 essentially for free. I don’t expect a GTA title to ever be on Game Pass(not including San Andreas) but I can definitely see Elden Ring and future Final Fantasy titles. Of course not day 1, but down the line.

Don’t really expect quality to dip plus I think Microsoft is more so pushing for the all digital future more than Sony or Nintendo so Game Pass is definitely beneficial.
Most of these big games make the vast majority of their money through MTx. COD and gta could be free to play and still take in billions with their online.

As for quality, I mean quality is already bad in the industry so idk if it gets worse. Callioso protocol was a broken mess. Pokémon etc

Pokémon just don’t give a damn. Game Freak has a pretty small team given the success of Pokémon. They could add to the team and put in effort but they won’t because people eat Pokémon up. That joint sold 10M easily within the first week.

I haven’t played it yet but Callisto Protocol looks pretty damn good as far as live streams. But yeah, most reviewers say it isn’t worth the price of admission.

I heard the PC had stuttering issues and Xbox doesn’t have ray tracing.

People seemed to have been upset with the focus of melee combat compared to using guns. The dodge mechanic takes some getting used to also. I watched my boy stream it on the hardest difficulty and once he understood the dodge system, he was good to go. I’m still gonna cop at some point.

Damn these boys are MAD :rofl:
The Playstation hater in me wants this to go through

The progressive lib in me wants to die :lol:

But in all seriousness, the FTC makes some really dumb arguments in their filing. It reads as simply needing to protect Sony, the market leader

Like they say that of course MS will make COD exclusive, look at Zenimax. Then the obvious counter is the Nintendo deal. But they straight up say that Nintendo shouldn't be considered in the relevant market. :lol: Like it is own thing, not a real player in the console market. Mario caught some strays for now reason

Then it says that if MS has COD it can choose to work with companies to optimize the game. So Sony won't get the best version it can. And get this, they might now work with Nvidia on optimizing games for their GPUs, because they would want to hurt GeForce now. :rofl:

Some part sounds like Sony wrote them.

If the deal gets killed, I think UK or Europe does it. This looks kinda performative to me on the part of the FTC

Last edited:
High On Life game is pure comedy

FPS is trash and needs to allow you to fix the FOV thats my only negative

ended up beating High On Life lastnight

fun game overall - its been awhile since i actually played a game start to finish that wasn't a FPS or sport game

i normally get bored quickly not playing humans on the other end but i was just smoking and playing this having fun

creature gun easily my favorite out the 5 pretty funny gun to use

snap feature was ahead of its time - wasnt that one of its selling points when system first dropped?

really no idea why they got rid of it - did they ever give any explanation ?

dont get me wrong i have a monitor and a TV in the same view now but something bout that snap feature was perfect

snap feature was ahead of its time - wasnt that one of its selling points when system first dropped?

really no idea why they got rid of it - did they ever give any explanation ?

dont get me wrong i have a monitor and a TV in the same view now but something bout that snap feature was perfect

I used it basically every time I gamed. Having sports run in that corner screen was money. I think they dropped it because it was using too many resources and was affecting console power.

Back
Top Bottom