Which next gen Xbox will you purchase

• Xbox Series X

Votes: 130 78.8%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 28 17.0%
  • Both

Votes: 7 4.2%

• Total voters
Whew. First game of the year done. Immortals of aveum. Thought it would never end. 6/10. Combat and movement was not nearly fast enough for what they were trying to do. This is no doom or shadow warrior

Now onto Yakuza 8 and Persona 3

Whew. First game of the year done. Immortals of aveum. Thought it would never end. 6/10. Combat and movement was not nearly fast enough for what they were trying to do. This is no doom or shadow warrior

Now onto Yakuza 8 and Persona 3
Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, or Yakuza 8 w/e you wanna call it, is fantastic.
It significantly improves the turn-based combat, which I already loved, and they listened to the fans' complaints about sudden difficulty spikes in the main story that required grinding.
It still has that goofy charm, strange side missions, tons of minigames and I'm only a handful of chapters in but the story's got me hooked so far too.
Much like the first game, imo the best part is the character interactions and dialogue.

Not that I'd ever consider selecting the English dub but I heard it's pretty solid, with the sole exception of Kiryu's English VA being grating.
To each their own but personally I can't stand the thought of choosing a dub (in any type of media) over the original language.

I really want to get into the Yakuza series and it's awesome they're all on gamepass but thats a daunting amount of games.

Gotta say... I like they way Microsoft deals with controller issues. Haven't had an issue with an Xbox controller since my Day One pad developed stick drift. They sent me a plain black controller as a replacement since they no longer had them and I didn't have to send it back, which was cool.

Well, the purple shift controller I bought during black Friday... the right trigger started to stick for a second when pressed down all the way. Contacted them on Monday and I already got my replacement LE controller today (and I still get to keep the other one, which still works well enough). I think I will buy that blue vapor controller when it goes on sale!

IMG_0155.jpeg
IMG_0156.jpeg
man apex really bout to be a whole new damn game !!

they wasnt lying when they said a lot of changes coming

a whole new hud - my muscle memory gonna be so off for a few days

Last edited:
I believe they’ll still have dedicated hardware (even if it isn’t necessary) for those that enjoy the game ecosystem, Xbox UI etc.

I mean, they are going third party with all of their games.
No one has confirmed this

Hardware is going to die(which it already kinda is).
You don't know that

And if it already is, what is the incentive for them not to do this then?

Then they will just be EA

So Microsoft will just give up all the 3rd part accessories, and console Gamepass revenue to be at the mercy of two monopolies

Maybe you like a lot of people need to take a step back and breathe a little

If they do stop making hardware, I'll be curious to see if the people who were very concerned about the health of the industry during the ABK acquisition have the same opinions about a PS monopoly

If they do stop making hardware, I'll be curious to see if the people who were very concerned about the health of the industry during the ABK acquisition have the same opinions about a PS monopoly
Yes, interesting to see all the people online who were so concerned about a Microsoft monopoly celebrating the prospect of Sony having more market power.

Surely a company like Sony, which has a reputation for squeezing their customers' pockets, and who is very concerned about long-term profitability, would never take advantage of that situation by upping prices.

Ain't that right biggie62 biggie62

Yes, interesting to see all the people online who were so concerned about a Microsoft monopoly celebrating the prospect of Sony having more market power.

Surely a company like Sony, which has a reputation for squeezing their customers' pockets, and who is very concerned about long-term profitability, would never take advantage of that situation by upping prices.

Ain't that right biggie62 biggie62

Why am I being brought into this?

But yes I agree. Neither company should be able to buy any major publishers anymore. A smaller developer here or there sure but def not publishers.

Why am I being brought into this?
More like a joke because we trolled each

But yes I agree. Neither company should be able to buy any major publishers anymore. A smaller developer here or there sure but def not publishers.
The thing is, if MS stops making Xboxes, this argument goes away.

MS could buy whomever they want since they are no longer a 1st party.

Also, Sony will have the market all to itself to squeeze developers, and consumers so they can make a larger profit.

Back
Top Bottom