OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES 2 (NOW AVAILABLE sorta)

drake is a cool kid and I’m interested in seeing what’s he drops Friday but I already know there’s nothing on there topping the highs that’s on donda. For me at least.

as long as he don’t drop another views/scorpion:sick:
Scorpion wasn't it but Views was good!

drake is a cool kid and I’m interested in seeing what’s he drops Friday but I already know there’s nothing on there topping the highs that’s on donda. For me at least.

as long as he don’t drop another views/scorpion:sick:
I thought I was the only person who didn't like Views so I keep it to myself :lol:

7/10 to me
Should have been a double disc with a different track listing.
I like the split if the songs here...order can maybe be adjusted slightly.
Disc 1
Donda Chant
Jail
Hurricane
Moon
Believe What I Say
Junya
Remote Control
Heaven and Hell
New Again
Pure Souls

Disc 2
Donda
Praise God
God Breathed on This
Off the Grid
Ok Ok
Jesus Lord
Lord I Need You
Come to Life
No Child Left Behind
Jail 2

Cut
Jonah, Keep My Spirit Alive, Tell the Vision

Add Lox to Jesus Lord.
And I actually like Ok Ok 2 more than the first...but whatever, only need 1 version.

As is, album still a 8.5 for me.

Should have been a double disc with a different track listing.
I like the split if the songs here...order can maybe be adjusted slightly.
Disc 1
Donda Chant
Jail
Hurricane
Moon
Believe What I Say
Junya
Remote Control
Heaven and Hell
New Again
Pure Souls

Disc 2
Donda
Praise God
God Breathed on This
Off the Grid
Ok Ok
Jesus Lord
Lord I Need You
Come to Life
No Child Left Behind
Jail 2

Cut
Jonah, Keep My Spirit Alive, Tell the Vision

Add Lox to Jesus Lord.
And I actually like Ok Ok 2 more than the first...but whatever, only need 1 version.

As is, album still a 8.5 for me.
Nah Jonah is good lol that's not one of the songs you cut but otherwise agree.

Played this on the way to work. There are some songs I favor more of course, but I could play this with no skips other than Heaven or Hell and New Again. I don’t really count the part 2 songs because they’re essentially the same.

Really? Heaven and Hell is one of my favorites. I can see where people wouldn’t like it though.

Everyone talking about Fivio had the best verse on the album when he ain't even have the best verse on the song.

Ye spazzed...

Besides, give me Da Baby for best verse on the album.
Da Baby verse was alright. He's like Megan to me- we know you can rap but EVERYTHING sounds the same.

I think so too. Kanye and Cole might have dropped better albums from a wholistic standpoint but I think Tyler album is the most fun album of the bunch. I was discussing this with a friend a few weeks ago. Cole album is great but I've been playing Tyler's more...not because I feel it's better but it was just a more fun album to listen to.

Not only this, but when you factor in that Tyler is fully producing the entire album from every aspect, it really makes me respect his craft. I loved IGOR but CMIYGL is back to his rapping roots and the best he’s ever been as far as rapping goes.

Of course a lot of Donda is “Kanye” production but we all know he’s got people helping him, and if it wasn’t for Mike Dean a lot of the tracks wouldn’t sound the way they do.

Everyone talking about Fivio had the best verse on the album when he ain't even have the best verse on the song.

Ye spazzed...

Besides, give me Da Baby for best verse on the album.

ye verse sounds like fivio wrote it imo lol

I thought I was the only person who didn't like Views so I keep it to myself :lol:

lol man outside of Trophies, he could have kept views to himself :lol:

Jay elect had the best verse IMO

I’ve been seeing people big up everything but ye rapping. What’s y’all favorite ye verse on here ? Lol

Jesus Lord
Do y’all not hear this man getting emotional on the track!!!!

the voice crackle
Yo put me in the water right now

Kanye def my favorite its not close IMO but that Keem/Kendrick song is better than anything on Donda
Two way different vibes! The Keem and Kendrick good, I'll likely play it often but DONDA will likely be on spin for months/years to come...consistently too.

Kendrick will deliver but I'm anxious to see what he's on this time. DAMN was perfect but I could not and still do not get down with TPAB.

I thought both of those albums were bad aside from the singles.

Drake phones in too many tracks on his albums (at least post-IYRTITL) but seems to put a ton of effort into the singles. I still think NWTS is his best album and I don’t think it’s a coincidence that it is also his most concise one.

public always goes to Take Care or IYRTITL as his best but as you mentioned, NWTS is peak-Drake…everything on there sounded in place and concise, my personal fav Drake album and arguably his best

Not only this, but when you factor in that Tyler is fully producing the entire album from every aspect, it really makes me respect his craft. I loved IGOR but CMIYGL is back to his rapping roots and the best he’s ever been as far as rapping goes.

Of course a lot of Donda is “Kanye” production but we all know he’s got people helping him, and if it wasn’t for Mike Dean a lot of the tracks wouldn’t sound the way they do.

Weren’t some of the beats on CMIYGL just lifted from other artists, mixtape-style? (I.e. Westside Gunn’a beat used on “Sir Bauderdale”) Obviously, this was completely intentional on Tyler’s part since CMIYGL was also clearly an homage to rap mixtapes.

Weren’t some of the beats on CMIYGL just lifted from other artists, mixtape-style? (I.e. Westside Gunn’a beat used on “Sir Bauderdale”) Obviously, this was completely intentional on Tyler’s part since CMIYGL was also clearly an homage to rap mixtapes.

You’re not wrong, but he also isn’t getting a bunch of people helping with both the production or lyrics. He also sample Nazareth Savage, but MOST of it is original production.

Back
Top Bottom