OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES 2 (NOW AVAILABLE sorta)

Yeah I think the perception with Drake was he pretty much wrote everything and that his songs were originals/his ideas. V

Not knocking Drake though he became one of my favorite rappers. I still like his growth and direction. He definitely put in the work to be were his is now.

Drake is still a great artist. I still like a lot of his music but when it comes outta the blue you have somebody making songs for you I have to look at you a lil bit differently.

Kanye doesn't ghostproduce :lol: He gives all the credits to people he works with

That's not what ghost produce means. Ty means he made beats for other people who took the credit for his production. He also used to ghostwrite.

But yes he gives credit to everyone who contributes lyrics or vocals or samples to his records. Some people mistake that for him literally outsourcing writing sometimes but it is what it is.

[thread="317633"] [/thread]

Everyone is probably in the studio giving each other feedback, throwing out lines to make the best possible verse.
basically

wish i could collect a check for coming up with a hook

"all day N****" 

Anyone who's ever been in a studio or rapped understands it's always been people throwing around ideas or going "yo say that like this instead" etc.

The hardest lyricists out there use lines their friends suggest to them. Jay and BIG are no exception.

But THAT is not the same as having someone email you fully written and recorded tracks with intonation and flow and ou take it as your own and claim you made it hot cuz you're the GOAT.

Last edited:
Kanye has had versus written for him.

But what I'm getting from reading these post is that it doesn't matter that Kanye did it cause we knew already :smh:

Last edited:
Kanye has had versus written for him.

But what I'm getting from reading these post is that it doesn't matter that Kanye did it cause we knew already
mean.gif
been known since "jesus walks" 

I think at this point, anytime a known producer pics up the mic, people assume someone is helping them with their rhymes.

Pete Rock might've written his own. They weren't that great :lol: (and I say that as a Pete Rock fan. Because you CAN be a fan and still be real about **** :lol:)

Conversely, people assume if you're a rapper that you're writing your own ****.

Unless it's clear as day you're not (like when JD wrote for Kriss Kross, Da Brat etc.)

Kanye was a producer who started to rap.

Drake is a "rapper" so to speak.

That alone makes it not really comparable.

Last edited:
I think at this point, anytime a known producer pics up the mic, people assume someone is helping them with their rhymes.

Pete Rock might've written his own. They weren't that great :lol: (and I say that as a Pete Rock fan. Because you CAN be a fan and still be real about **** :lol:)

Unless it's clear as day you're not (like when JD wrote for Kriss Kross, Da Brat etc.)

Drake is a actor turned rapper

So you saying there's no difference between what Dre/ Kanye do and what Drake does? No difference at all? :lol:

Dre doesn't write anything, and no, AS FAR AS RAPPING GOES drake and Kanye do nothing different

And that's the point. :lol:

Rapping is not all that Kanye or Dre do. They do multiple things. They're looked as conductors. Not as the stereotypical rapper who writes all of their raps. Drake was.

Phil broke it down perfect. I don't see anybody can't see the blatant difference. :lol:

Last edited:
why cant none of these so called "ghost writers" make themselves just as big as ye tho

people sayin they made ye made ye say ok go make another ye :pimp:

Last edited:

Drake is a actor turned rapper

Touche' :lol:

I forget that because I never watched the show and was introduced to him as a musician first.

why cant none of these so called "ghost writers" make themselves just as big as ye tho

people sayin they made ye made ye say ok go make another ye :pimp:

Because charisma and personality plays a huge role in a rappers succes, you see Rick Ross hasn't broke character yet.

I was first introduced to Ye as a rapper (Through the Wire) and I think most Kanye fans were introduced to him that way too. I guess throughout the years I never thought of him differently, even though I learned later that he was a producer first.

[
dont think he was around anymore by then
kid cudi was heavily involved with 808's

nah he was trust me, he mentions it in every interview he does :lol:

See, now if you wanted to apply the word "hater" to me, Ross would apply.

I don't **** with that dude at all. And I have no problem admitting it :lol:

We've completely lost sight of what the term "hater" means though. Or at least how it originated.

Now dudes use it the way a fat chick would call other girls "jealous" for calling them fat :lol:

These dudes don't have anything I want though. And they certainly aren't above criticism.

Last edited:
a lot of people hate kanye west tho

Which explains why born sinner outsold yeezus, and why waves will flop
People cling to Kanye because of how he was and the music and impact he had the first part of his career. Honestly he was that dude. he still seems to have that core fanbase, the type of fans that will diss another rapper (drake) while Kanye does the same exact thing. The fanbase that will buy those ugly *** boots pretending they look good. The fanbase that will pretend yeezus was good because they don't want to deal with the fact that Kanye is 39 years old and out of touch with good music

How long we been at the mall? All day :smh:
Really Kanye

Last edited:
You don't have to be a fan of Kanye to know the 950 boots are dope

But NT isn't a fashion forum so yea

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom