OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES 2 (NOW AVAILABLE sorta)

we did

348BC7EB00000578-3605614-Delicious_Inside_the_car_Roberto_Cavalli_creative_director_Peter-m-126_1464040849489.jpg

Yeah I was hoping this went viral so he would be forced to explain this he is looking real funny in the light.

And while I agree Ye could have done pop up shops and online drops to organically build his brand up a la Supreme (although his "rants" got him the adidas deal so you really can't say they didn't work); the Zuckerberg reach out isn't about clothes. He posted a Donda flow chart that covered everything from curing cancer, auto correct emojis and seven screen theaters :lol:. He seems to want to turn Donda into a Google style wide ranging think tank but doesn't have the money.

People think he's asking Zuckerberg for money to make more shirts :lol:.

Last edited:
I don't understand what's happening in that picture.

He's holding dudes food for him to eat.

I'm hoping it was Ye's food and he's letting them try it or some **** and Kim just caught it at a bad time.

Because it would be some wack **** if Ye was talking all this new slave **** and is doing subservient massa told me type **** behind closed doors.

Last edited:
Real talk Kanye been looking funny in the light for the past 2 years.

I always try to separate an artist from the work but I can't lie I don't even feel the same way about his music because of it.

And while I agree Ye could have done pop up shops and online drops to organically build his brand up a la Supreme (although his "rants" got him the adidas deal so you really can't say they didn't work)

The first part of your comment appears to be what he's doing now.

And I don't believe his "rants" got him the Adidas deal. He was a proven marketing vehicle.

He was one of those guys that the rich white guys thought could make them more money :lol:

He didn't have to "rant" to get a shoe with Nike. His product moved. He became a free agent. And he took his talents elsewhere and negotiated a better situation. Adidas and Kanye had been talking well before the Yeezus tour.

**** happens every day without the rants. James Harden just did it. Etc.

And those "rants" could have easily turned off many of the potential partners he's looking for as well.

People know why he's asking Zuckerberg for money. He made it clear. It's whether or not any of the ideas (and subsequent execution) are worth that kind of investment that's questionable.

Last edited:
Ye lowkey bodied everyone who's talked trash about him in this vid, and they can't do anything about it 
nerd.gif
 missed Jimmy Kimmel and Wiz Khalifa thrown in there too.

http://www.wmagazine.com/culture/20...cent-desiderio-reaction/?mbid=social_facebook

Vincent loves the video. The artist gave it a lot of praise.
 Then an even stranger feeling overtook me. I began to recognize that the naked bodies floating past the camera lens were in positions identical to the figures in my painting, “Sleep.” Could Kanye have seen my painting? There were so many similarities. Yes, it was my painting. It had been sampled, or “spliced,” into a new format and taken to a brilliant and daring extreme!

Any product Ye puts out will sell out. I love listening to street lights[emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji]

Good look for both. Seems like it's been a mutually beneficial partnership.

I wonder what happens to the Yeezy high end line. I believe Adidas only invested in the first season. Haven't seen anything drop since.

I always thought he needed to start small and work his way up to a "high end" fashion line and that seems to be what he's doing with the pop up shops.

Wonder if the Adidas clothing will be more along those lines or not.

I don't understand what's happening in that picture.
He's holding dudes food for him to eat.

I'm hoping it was Ye's food and he's letting them try it or some **** and Kim just caught it at a bad time.

Because it would be some wack **** if Ye was talking all this new slave **** and is doing subservient massa told me type **** behind closed doors.
I agree, I would like to know the back story of this before automatically jumping into conclusions.  Video can be anything taken out of context.  

Depends on your perspective too.  Is it Ye holding their food because he's so-called being subservient or is it them actually being subservient to him because they're eating food out of HIS hands and letting them eat?  Or it just nothing at all and he's just letting them try some food?

Last edited:
correctomondo

What Ye should do is just make his own ****. He don't need the approval of the big luxury brands. People will still buy it either way
I've been saying that for a while. Ye's problem, from my perspective, is that he doesn't want to start from the bottom (make his own by himself) but would rather have his own under an already known/respected label. It's safer that way and too me shows that he's very hesitant about putting himself on his own two feet. It's his major flaw slightly above his not yet proven reason to be as arrogant

It's not about "approval" from the bigger brands. It's Business 101 of OPM. Leveraging other people's money/resources to invest in your business ventures. Everybody does this. Including Mark Zuckerberg who he's asked money from. Nothing new.

People line up to buy his sneakers. So if he did his own thing it would work. Back in the early 2000's everybody had their own clothing line. Puff, Rocafella, Snoop, Nelly, Outkast. :lol:

I guess dudes are scared that if it fails or only last 2-3 years. Or if it ends up like Fubu, hot for a minute then it becomes a joke. Karl Kani clothes was dope though. I don't know why that didn't last.

People line up to buy his sneakers. So if he did his own thing it would work. Back in the early 2000's everybody had their own clothing line. Puff, Rocafella, Snoop, Nelly, Outkast.
laugh.gif

I guess dudes are scared that if it fails or only last 2-3 years. Or if it ends up like Fubu, hot for a minute then it becomes a joke. Karl Kani clothes was dope though. I don't know why that didn't last.
And out of those dudes you listed whose lines still exist in relevant society? Just Puff and Jay

I think it's a mix of nerves and ego. He knows he'd sell out so he feels like he deserves to be put on but not completely sold on putting his own money up

Kanye is more influential than all those dudes when it comes to clothes and sneakers (don't shoot me Phil :lol:). Good or bad people follow what he does more than anybody.

The man wore skirts and grown *** men followed. :lol:

I think his own brand would work and last.

Back
Top Bottom