OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES 2 (NOW AVAILABLE sorta)

Jay seems like he's never thought too highly of Kanye so I'm not surprised. Just always kept him close enough to leech creative ideas off of him. His only friend is Bleek.

Kanye needs to chill with all the sideways talk. I never thought I'd say this, but his 15 minutes are almost up...

Leech what creative ideas? Having a clothing line? Or a sneaker?

Is Jay doing an album where he sings with excessive autotune?

Jay has always been smart about who he works with, but let's not get crazy.

A lot of y'all seem to be reading way too much into this from several angles (Jay's relationship with Kanye, Kim etc.).

http://www.complex.com/music/2016/1...mag&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social

Label Politics vs Art

Seems to fall in line as to why Ye left Nike for adidas

Where do you see Label Politics vs. Art and anything that would be remotely comparable to the Nike/Adidas situation in that article?

Where did this belief that Kanye is all about the "art" come from? Because he said so?

He also said "what you think I rap for, to push a ******' Rav 4?"

Y'all don't think whatever it is he's trying to do with Drake has a financial benefit?

Part of the reason he left Nike for Adidas was financial.

Last edited:
^^ stop illphillip illphillip . Jay has hung on to another 5-7 years of rapping longevity because of Kanye. No Kanye, and Jay would be Mr. Beyoncé with this generation. It's well documented that 'ye was never interested in Kanye rapping back in those Roc days and that Dame was the only one that believed in a producer spitting in the booth. Jay turns around years later and does album with 'ye off the heels of Kanye's most critically acclaimed album and probably the most highly touted hip hop album of the last 10 years. Bigger than any album Jay put out. You are absolutely right, Jay has ALWAYS been smart with who he works with.

"I told jay I did a song with Coldplay, next thing I know he got a song with Coldplay..."

Also, no doubt in my mind that Kanye is all about the funds. What rapper isn't in this day and age? But he doesn't want his creativity skewed because of it. He acts like he doesn't understand the politics when in reality he just wants his way. Suffering from a classic case of not staying in his lane, which has worked for him thus far truth be told :lol:

You did all that typing and none of that has anything to do with "leech creative ideas" except for a Chris Martin feature :lol:

This belief that Jay somehow stayed "relevant" because of Kanye is absurd. With or without Kanye Jay succeeds. Before Kanye, after Kanye.

But yes, that does includes doing ONE album with Kanye when Kanye is hot.

If it ain't with Kanye, it's with Alicia Keys. Or Justin Timberlake. Or Timbaland. Or Swizz. Or Pharrell. Or Rihanna. Or Beyonce. Or ******* Samsung. Or whoever.

The **** is clear as day if you look at his entire career. Those collabs will always be there when you're at the top of the game.

And no, MBDTF is not bigger than any Jay Z album if we're talking numbers. Not even CLOSE.

Last edited:
^^ stop illphillip illphillip . Jay has hung on to another 5-7 years of rapping longevity because of Kanye. No Kanye, and Jay would be Mr. Beyoncé with this generation. It's well documented that 'ye was never interested in Kanye rapping back in those Roc days and that Dame was the only one that believed in a producer spitting in the booth. Jay turns around years later and does album with 'ye off the heels of Kanye's most critically acclaimed album and probably the most highly touted hip hop album of the last 10 years. Bigger than any album Jay put out. You are absolutely right, Jay has ALWAYS been smart with who he works with.

"I told jay I did a song with Coldplay, next thing I know he got a song with Coldplay..."

Also, no doubt in my mind that Kanye is all about the funds. What rapper isn't in this day and age? But he doesn't want his creativity skewed because of it. He acts like he doesn't understand the politics when in reality he just wants his way. Suffering from a classic case of not staying in his lane, which has worked for him thus far truth be told :lol:

Facts.

Y'all really be overrating how much Kanye has "helped keep Jay relevant". I only hear that from people that didn't grow up on Jay. Maybe to the under 22, yeezy wearing, I love everything Kanye does crowd he has but there's waaaayyyy more people that **** with Jay cuz of Jay. Dude is probably the biggest rap legend not named Pac. He doesn't need Kanye's help to stay hot.

Dudes act like Jay was some struggling artist who needed a hand when WTT happened.

Dude was just off a #1, 5x Platinum record with "Empire State Of Mind". Had cats nationwide singing about NY :lol:

Last edited:
Y'all really be overrating how much Kanye has "helped keep Jay relevant". I only hear that from people that didn't grow up on Jay. Maybe to the under 22, yeezy wearing, I love everything Kanye does crowd he has but there's waaaayyyy more people that **** with Jay cuz of Jay. Dude is probably the biggest rap legend not named Pac. He doesn't need Kanye's help to stay hot.

you say this like the whole theory of staying hot in rap isn't based on staying relevant to the young fans who didn't grow up on you

:lol:

Last edited:
How's the show ? Missed out on it twice relying on friends but he's having another show next month not too far away from me . Thinking about going solo in that pit & have fun .

you say this like the whole theory of staying hot in rap isn't based on staying relevant to the young fans who didn't grow up on you

Eggzachlee

I know for a fact, when WTT came out ppl my age was not checking for no jay z...if he has some tracks that hit the radio cool but going and copping a jay z album :lol: hell naw

That's only a section. There's plenty of people in their 30's, mid-late 20's that will buy Jay albums, go to his concerts, whatever. Jay never lost fans then had to run to the emo crowd for support. Whatever young fans he gained from Kanye is just a added bonus. Same way how w/o Jay some people would look at Kanye as a square lame.

Last edited:
"Some tracks that hit the radio" :lol:

5x Platinum and a #1 song off a Platinum album leading into WTT.

MBDTF only went Platinum I believe (I can check Mon.).

It's crazy too because a quick Google search of MBDTF sales and what you mostly get is articles about how it underperformed. And I'm a fan of that album.

Revisionist history at it's finest.

Last edited:
"Some tracks that hit the radio" :lol:

5x Platinum and a #1 song off a Platinum album leading into WTT.

MBDTF only went Platinum I believe (I can check Mon.).

Revisionist history at it's finest.

These dudes stay thinking anybody that there lil group of friends wasn't listening to ain't hot.

Last edited:
As someone of age, I can say that Jay benefitted from being around before the Internet boom and its effect on music. Jay was the most prolific rapper at a time when rappers were all clones of each other. But I remember when Jay Z was just another mafioso rap clone. His debut album came out and was pushed to the way side for Ironman and even ATLiens.

Jay if nothing else is one of the savviest business men to ever grace the planet. He's managed to ingratiate himself with the right people and leave them right at the perfect time. I've watched this mans career from its inception until now and if you truly believe that Kanye didn't have a massive hand in extending his popularity past his faux retirement than you're not being honest at all.

st pablo tour worth getting floor seats or nosebloods would suffice since he is on a flooding stage?

thinking about copping htown tickets

Kanye has not had no massive hand in Jay's late career. That's extreme bruh. That ain't dishonest, that's me disagreeing with your extreme view.

Jay is the biggest living legend in hip hop. He does not need to jump to anybody else to have a career. It's a give and take. Jay is a savy business man. Everybody know that. Jay has put the stamp Kanye, Jeezy, Ross, Rihanna. When Jay does a feature it might introduce him to some younger people and it's definitely gonna have some people say let me check out this dude Jay is working with.

As someone of age, I can say that Jay benefitted from being around before the Internet boom and its effect on music. Jay was the most prolific rapper at a time when rappers were all clones of each other. But I remember when Jay Z was just another mafioso rap clone. His debut album came out and was pushed to the way side for Ironman and even ATLiens.

Jay if nothing else is one of the savviest business men to ever grace the planet. He's managed to ingratiate himself with the right people and leave them right at the perfect time. I've watched this mans career from its inception until now and if you truly believe that Kanye didn't have a massive hand in extending his popularity past his faux retirement than you're not being honest at all.

:lol: at "honest".

You have an opinion.

Reality says that Jay was popular before Kanye. During Kanye. With Kanye. Without Kanye.

Crediting one man for having a "massive hand" in that (extension or otherwise) is absurd to me. And impossible to quantify/qualify.

Now....if we were talking Dame, where Jay wasn't popping before he knew him, then started popping after, that would be a different story.

But you're the same dude who said MBDTF was "bigger than any album Jay put out" when there is nothing to support that and, in fact, everything points to the contrary.

So I guess we'll agree to disagree.

You got it right. Jay always makes the right moves. But many of those do not include Kanye. It's the sum total of those moves that build a career like his.

Last edited:
Jay links up with whoever is hot at the moment...good business move or leech-like...that's up for you to decide

Drake learned everything he does from Hov.

Within the next 2-3 years Drake gonna find a young ***** to reinvent himself and take him into the early 2020's.

Kanye/Jay (starting with BP3)

Cudi/Kanye (starting with 808s)

etc. etc. it's not a bad thing to say hov went to Ye to relate to a younger crowd who couldn't give half of a **** about Can't Knock The Hustle.

Back
Top Bottom