OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES 2 (NOW AVAILABLE sorta)

Ya’ll just boring and want artists to stay the same their entire career and make music like the album that got you into them. I love it when artist change up constantly guess that’s why I still ride the Kanye wave even tho he endorsed a bum. nothing boring with him even on his trash albums

Standout moments for me were the Don tolliver interlude after hurricane/80 deg and then the Hov feature. I would say overall I was underwhelmed but you can’t deny that Ye created a moment. I hope the final product has more of whatever the first listening party heard

Ya’ll just boring and want artists to stay the same their entire career and make music like the album that got you into them. I love it when artist change up constantly guess that’s why I still ride the Kanye wave even tho he endorsed a bum. nothing boring with him even on his trash albums

Uhhhh…. Almost every Kanye album has been sonically different.
He’s changed it up since day 1 aside from maybe CD and LR being pretty similar in style.

What we heard last night was just straight up not good.

WHEN he rapped on songs last night, it sounded good, but that’s a big WHEN.

Uhhhh…. Almost every Kanye album has been sonically different.
He’s changed it up since day 1 aside from maybe CD and LR being pretty similar in style.

What we heard last night was just straight up not good.

WHEN he rapped on songs last night, it sounded good, but that’s a big WHEN.
We heard different things. I heard him play with song structure more than he has since yeezus era.

There's definitely a difference in the actual rapping

There’s a difference, sure. There’s also a difference in the production quality as well.

But the idea that old Kanye was known for his bars moreso than his beats is silly.

dark twisted fantasy and or life of Pablo wasn’t old ye

It was production with some Jesus sprinkled (Pablo first two tracks)

This Kanye is honestly so moody and sad like the weekend can make dark music and it slaps.

it’s Kanye moaning and being sad most of the time. Now the back side of the listening party had some energy a little.

old ye isn’t just soul beats and sample it’s more of good production good not great lyrics and some songs that will be classics.

Jesus walks is better than most of this album a mix of religion and rap.

This is my point….it’s always been good not great lyrics.

It seems he’s letting the new generation hop on Kanye beats. I agree I liked the backside of the listening party more because it was upbeat, but that doesn’t mean the front side won’t resonate with people who are going through something similar to him.

you can change goes both ways. Sometimes it’s for the better and worse

For me I don’t like this change. I like the mid discography 808, dark twisted and life of p.

I just not here for Jesus ye and depressed ye.

as all things grow evolve people will separate even with in our personal growth and or change.

I think Stan’s are the worse cause they force themselves to like it.

folks like 19 saying old ye back never listen to college drop out through graduation.

This is my point….it’s always been good not great lyrics.

It seems he’s letting the new generation hop on Kanye beats. I agree I liked the backside of the listening party more because it was upbeat, but that doesn’t mean the front side won’t resonate with people who are going through something similar to him.

I mean that can be said for 808. I was going through a lot then so it hit diff for me.

I’m not mad about the features either. Cause no one wants to hear old rap all day.

even though 808 was moody AF it wasn’t auto tune crying on like 8 songs.

this my opinion of the listening party the final cut if the arrangement and master mix are good can change my whole mind. I’m judging what I heard so far.

Note those who went all say it was an event and loved it. I don’t know if that just the fact that live show brings out different feelings.

my boy sold a shirt already 400 to some nerdy kid this morning.

you can change goes both ways. Sometimes it’s for the better and worse

For me I don’t like this change. I like the mid discography 808, dark twisted and life of p.

I just not here for Jesus ye and depressed ye.

as all things grow evolve people will separate even with in our personal growth and or change.

I think Stan’s are the worse cause they force themselves to like it.

folks like 19 saying old ye back never listen to college drop out through graduation.

The artist and you are in different mind states now doesnt mean it trash tho. Give me yeezus kanye any day.

There’s a difference, sure. There’s also a difference in the production quality as well.

But the idea that old Kanye was known for his bars moreso than his beats is silly.
He wasn’t a god mc but he wasn’t talking models bleaching their *******s either.

One of the greatest produced songs of his career but the song is unlistenable

Think people are fighting too hard to be stans and say it’s amazing … are to be haters and say it’s trash.

there’s a middle ground .Production were good and beats were good…. His rapping is terrible though .

to say it’s not a different in his earlier raps , to now is a straight up lie . Go listen to gone , hell go listen to No more parties , ST Pablo, etc.

I said it in the general thread but that

Bar , long pause , bar , long pause flow he’s been losing is absolutely trash . There was not one cohesive verse from him last night .

I’m a pretty huge Kanye fan by the way , it’s alright to be honest and say rapping wise he’s wayyyyyyyyy below where he was

I think a lot of people like moody music which is fine do you

I also think some are just trying to accept this. Which I guess.

I also think the younger Stan generation of people don’t like FUN neither

Had a convo with a director of a kids camp. We raised 50 tixs to go to a go cart park and the kids were like it’s to hot for all that and like so we just ride the carts. Typical over privileged kids of which are the typical yeezy Stan types.

only took 23 kids. Donated the rest of the tix to a boys camp in the city.

I say that to say this. Yeezy did change throughout his career even musically but damn this new ye ain’t fun I’m 34 and I’m not trying to hear a man for the past 2 maybe 3 albums just be sad.

even drake left that moody ish behind him and started being fake Jamaican lmao.

I think a lot of people like moody music which is fine do you

I also think some are just trying to accept this. Which I guess.

I also think the younger Stan generation of people don’t like FUN neither

Had a convo with a director of a kids camp. We raised 50 tixs to go to a go cart park and the kids were like it’s to hot for all that and like so we just ride the carts. Typical over privileged kids of which are the typical yeezy Stan types.

only took 23 kids. Donated the rest of the tix to a boys camp in the city.

I say that to say this. Yeezy did change throughout his career even musically but damn this new ye ain’t fun I’m 34 and I’m not trying to hear a man for the past 2 maybe 3 albums just be sad.

even drake left that moody ish behind him and started being fake Jamaican lmao.
Why would you describe Ye as sad on Jesus Is King? Or even on Ye?

It was dope IMO, Ye best era was MBDTF and that will never get matched. Last night, I got the classic soul that I love hearing from Ye, I got a sonically pleasing experience and I was super pleased to hear Jay come on for the finale. Album will be good to some, meh to others and probably bad to a group of people...that's music. As a Kanye fan- I loved it and I am impatiently waiting for it to hit Apple Music.

It was dope IMO, Ye best era was MBDTF and that will never get matched. Last night, I got the classic soul that I love hearing from Ye, I got a sonically pleasing experience and I was super pleased to hear Jay come on for the finale. Album will be good to some, meh to others and probably bad to a group of people...that's music. As a Kanye fan- I loved it and I am impatiently waiting for it to hit Apple Music.
I've personally been making yesterday and today a Ye day, playing back all the albums. If I need to, I'll go and play the leaks and mixtapes too.

Speaking of leaks...

One of the things I used to wish during the CD and LR days was to get a peak behind the curtain and the creation and eventual reshaping of Ye's songs. The leak of CD and the mixtapes in that era show how he has an idea, executes it, but the final product is refined to near perfection. So when Ye got a little lazy and overly excited to rush music out, I never mind hearing the reference tracks or the beats that would change. He'd still go back and polish it up to near perfection (808's and MBDTF leaks). But nowadays, there's limited going back to polish up the work. He's giving us half finished stuff for consumption, which in a way is innovative (I mean, it's literally what I asked for) but also is maddening because I'm just left seeing the potential in projects (yeezus, which is dope a ****, but out of the horses mouth was rushed and the collection of tracks that is Pablo...which I like, but its scatteredbrian as ****).

Back
Top Bottom