OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

So did Ye just play everyone so they would sign up to Tidal (added 1.4 million users) knowing he was releasing another "real" album this summer?

Ye def off his rocker...but that boy Hendrix is def Grammy worthy. Grammys don't know hip hop anyway. March madness is gospel. Ye knows :pimp:.

These are a few of the recent Grammy winners. March Madness alone, all this Grammy pop trash:

'07 Ludacris Release Therapy
'09 Lil Wayne - Carter III
'10 Eminem - Relapse
'11 Eminem - Recovery
'13 Drake - Take Care
'14 Macklemore - The Heist
'15 Eminem - MMLP2

Good lord :x

Illest MFer Alive still that joint.
pimp.gif
I'm not even a stan of either artist, but when that song comes on, it puts me in a certain zone, I can't describe it, but I like it.
1986 white Lamborghini Countach. 2 of them.

So did Ye just play everyone so they would sign up to Tidal (added 1.4 million users) knowing he was releasing another "real" album this summer?

Not exactly sure but I do think Tidal is the reason they've been slow to give the album to folks that bought it through Season 3 tickets. Kinda hard to resist Tidal knowing the album is available versus waiting for the download after a while.

Man need cdq of closest thing to Einstein, but knowing Ye, we never getting it :smh:

Song sounds like it would be best on TLOP

How is this not a real album? It's just another way of releasing an album. Kinda like a soak test for software. See what people like, touch up on some things, and release an improved version

Last edited:
Man.... I'm listening to the album right now through tidal on my Macbook Pro 13 inch. Mostly been playing a torrented version and listening in headphones/in the car... IDK if it's the computer speakers, but this album sounds mixed a little differently than my torrented version.

I'm sure it's just these speakers, but the audio somehow sounds clearer, and at times the tempo sounds a tiny bit different.... I'm confused :nerd:

Last edited:
Man.... I'm listening to the album right now through tidal on my Macbook Pro 13 inch. Mostly been playing a torrented version and listening in headphones/in the car... IDK if it's the computer speakers, but this album sounds mixed a little differently than my torrented version.

I'm sure it's just these speakers, but the audio somehow sounds clearer, and at times the tempo sounds a tiny bit different.... I'm confused
nerd.gif
When I downloaded the pirated version, it sounded worse to me. Might have just been in my head but I've been listening to the Tidal Hi-Fi version. Sticking with it till my trial runs out.

Illest MF Alive
The Joy
Otis
Primetime
Gotta Have It

Pretty much coaster the rest. Thank God for the deluxe edition or I would've frisbee'd the whole thing

Ye def off his rocker...but that boy Hendrix is def Grammy worthy. Grammys don't know hip hop anyway. March madness is gospel. Ye knows :pimp:.

These are a few of the recent Grammy winners. March Madness alone, all this Grammy pop trash:

'07 Ludacris Release Therapy
'09 Lil Wayne - Carter III
'10 Eminem - Relapse
'11 Eminem - Recovery
'13 Drake - Take Care
'14 Macklemore - The Heist
'15 Eminem - MMLP2

Still can't get over how crappy this list it :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
"Watch the Throne" was a damn near classic.

Kanye has to realize, he's fattening the pockets of these media outlets and reporters. Anytime he rants, people are getting paid off of it and he's not. He has to wake up and realize that everyone is out here laughing and him and using him to their advantage. Everyone is watching Kanye West 24/7. Yes he's probably the biggest celeb in Hollywood but he's treated like crap from every media outlet who generally thinks he's irrational and a flat out idiot.

Still can't get over how crappy this list it :lol: :lol:

You feel me. And people got the nerve to talk about what is "Grammy worthy" in Hip Hop :smh: :lol:.

That award show never understood hip hop. Luda out here winning best hip hop song for "Shake your money maker"....Eminem is the most decorated Grammy winner of all time when he's been washed since a decade...and Nas doesn't have one. They just nominate the safest, most popular artist or recognizable artist.... Regardless of quality of music. Then will throw in the popular conscious rapper at the time to add some credibility.

Gotta stop looking at that award show to validate this genre. I find it hilariously ironic that Kanye slams complex....but is always looking for validation from other outlets that know way less, or give the least fcks about Hip Hop.

Source awards gotta come back man. Wounds have been healed. It's time.

Last edited:
man the way y'all discuss hip hop makes the genre itself sound so back now.

y'all on some dungeons and dragons steez

I'm stuck on the fence about this whole grammy's situation because on one hand i do believe that we should do something that is focused more on our culture... But with that said the Grammy's is SUPPOSED to be a representation of all genre's of music, just an appreciation of music on a grand scale.

so creating something primarily focused on our culture alone would be great, but i still think representing our culture CORRECTLY amongst other cultures and genre's is important too. Especially in a space where genre's are becoming harder and harder to differentiate.

I do not and did not watch the Grammy's this year minus the occasional commercial flip because I been known it's not for me.

But for those that did, is it odd for Kanye to be saying this now when the most talked about performance of the entire ceremony seems to have been Kendrick's?

As a second place to HOV, my hope would be for a Kanye / Pusha T WTT2 
This makes the most sense
I do not and did not watch the Grammy's this year minus the occasional commercial flip because I been known it's not for me.

But for those that did, is it odd for Kanye to be saying this now when the most talked about performance of the entire ceremony seems to have been Kendrick's?
Performance < Awards Won. Albeit Kendrick 5 out of 11 but it's also understood that he lost some that he should have won

Kendrick winning that many was just to appease us and calm us down. We need to do our own thing. But seems like that wont happen soon. Black folk still wanna be accepted.

I wouldn't say so at all i think that's more of the point as to why he thinks the grammy's should be adjusted. Kendrick already was a victim of the grammy's ********. Had he won album of the year for GKMC it does nothing but help promote him and his messages to a new demographic that wouldn't usually receive it.

Had he done that performance at the BET hiphop awards it would have still been great, but it wouldn't be as impactful because the demographic that REALLY needs to hear that message aren't inclined to tune in to the hiphop awards.

But part of Kanye's issue was that Future wasn't there to perform.

So I'm asking if that's odd because Kendrick was and was basically the high point of the night.

I did watch that performance after. What better representation for your music and your people could you have had?

Last edited:
Kendrick had a major impact in hiphop with TPAB and it was represented, Future has had a major impact on hiphop with his various projects and i don't think he was even nominated for anything.

so while i don't agree that he should perform (there simply isn't enough spaces for every artist to do that)... i do think he should have gotten some recognition

Back
Top Bottom