OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

Just saw that Ultra Light Beam performance on SNL. Kind of a mess.
laugh.gif
Yea, I couldn't watch it. Ye's live vocals were sickening

Finally got through listening to Life of Pablo in its entirety 3 times.  Here are my thoughts:
  • There is absolutely no flow to this album at all.  Just a bunch of scattered songs.
  • Lyrically, this album is absolutely horrible.  So many cringeworthy lines.
  • The second half of the album is much better than the first.
  • There isnt a song on this album that is better than All Day.  Wish it made the final cut.
  • Production wise is kind of a mess.  Some beats are incredible.  Some are just terrible.  I also dont like how frequently the beats get switched up mid-song.  Its one thing to do it for the chorus or for the end of the song, but to continually do it mid-song does nothing but disrupt the flow of these songs.
And last but not least.....
  • Kanye needs to quit it with this non-stop attempt at being artsy.  He is far too amazing of a producer and rapper to make music like this. The album is all over the place and Kanye needs to stick to what he is good at.  The biggest problem I think he is having with his career is he doesnt have anyone to check him.  His ego is too big to allow someone in his circle to listen to a song of his and tell him that its whack.  Thats what he needs.  

Finally got through listening to Life of Pablo in its entirety 3 times.  Here are my thoughts:

• There is absolutely no flow to this album at all.  Just a bunch of scattered songs.
  • Lyrically, this album is absolutely horrible.  So many cringeworthy lines.
  • The second half of the album is much better than the first.
  • There isnt a song on this album that is better than All Day.  Wish it made the final cut.
  • Production wise is kind of a mess.  Some beats are incredible.  Some are just terrible.  I also dont like how frequently the beats get switched up mid-song.  Its one thing to do it for the chorus or for the end of the song, but to continually do it mid-song does nothing but disrupt the flow of these songs.

And last but not least.....

• Kanye needs to quit it with this non-stop attempt at being artsy.  He is far too amazing of a producer and rapper to make music like this. The album is all over the place and Kanye needs to stick to what he is good at.  The biggest problem I think he is having with his career is he doesnt have anyone to check him.  His ego is too big to allow someone in his circle to listen to a song of his and tell him that its whack.  Thats what he needs.  

BRUH he had half of hiphop come in to listen to his album.. you think everyone he brought in even people he has no effect on are also his yes men?

Ya'll keep making the mistake that artist MAKE MUSIC FOR YOU. That's how you get a lot of the manufactured ******** that is plaguing A lot of mainstream rap now. people aren't allowed to be artist & are being forced to do something that the labels believe the consumer wants.

Under no circumstance am i saying that you have to like the album, you could dislike it as much as you want.. but i see way too many statements trying to force artist into doing what they don't want to do. Music should always be a representation of what a person is feeling or going thru, some people are gonna love it some are gonna hate it, but you can't keep expecting artist to limit their output or stay in one lane because you don't like it.

BRUH he had half of hiphop come in to listen to his album.. you think everyone he brought in even people he has no effect on are also his yes men?

Ya'll keep making the mistake that artist MAKE MUSIC FOR YOU. That's how you get a lot of the manufactured ******** that is plaguing A lot of mainstream rap now. people aren't allowed to be artist & are being forced to do something that the labels believe the consumer wants.

Under no circumstance am i saying that you have to like the album, you could dislike it as much as you want.. but i see way too many statements trying to force artist into doing what they don't want to do. Music should always be a representation of what a person is feeling or going thru, some people are gonna love it some are gonna hate it, but you can't keep expecting artist to limit their output or stay in one lane because you don't like it.
repped. i agree 10000%. 

It's really not that deep with Kanye. :lol:

Not anymore.

This album is just like everything we hear nowadays. Lazy lyrics, good beats and autotune. That's what the bulk of this album is (nb4 what about Real Friends and No More Parties). Rhymefest said most of Kanye's circle are yes men. He knows more than anybody in here. Is that 100% true? We don't know but it shows in his music.

Last edited:

Mental gymnastics to justify this trash *** album

Read the second sentence in the second paragraph you wrote. That's exactly what category this trash falls under

Last edited:

Not anymore.

This album is just like everything we hear nowadays. Lazy lyrics, good beats and autotune. That's what the bulk of this album is (nb4 what about Real Friends and No More Parties). Rhymefest said most of Kanye's circle are yes men. He knows more than anybody in here. Is that 100% true? We don't know but it shows in his music.

And if that's what it sounds like to you so be it... Point of the matter is if Kanye felt that this is what he wanted to give the world why would he listen to anyone around him telling him it should sound this way, or this way. when you are expressing yourself through any art form it should primarily be your vision and ideas that support the vision that you have. That's something that Ye consistently does and it works for him because the same way you think this is trash someone thinks it's amazing, same way you may think MDBTF is good others may think it's trash.

That's the job of an artist to bottle up whatever ideas they have let it go to the world, and allow others to dissect & learn from it whether it's good or bad. i would say this Album accomplishes that.

Last edited:

Gotta add Who Gon Stop Me and Why I Love You to that list.
i listen to That's My B.. more than anything off WTT 
pimp.gif

hook and bridge is $

im still trying to figure out how Justin Vernon is credited on vocals when that bridge sounds exactly like Charlie Wilson who isnt..JV on some sorcery ****

Last edited:
'So Appalled' goes hard!

Oh don't get me wrong I like that song, just not as good as the rest of the album. Would have replaced it with one of the good Friday songs personally.

EDIT: I changed my mind I like So Appalled better than All Of The Lights :lol:

Last edited:
Y'all complain that Kanye should drop a rap album, but the one he dropped that he actually raps on every song with Jay-Z , an album that has dope beats and just about every verse/song on the album is fire.

According to y'all ain't a classic. Why should he ever rap again? lol
If that's not good enough I wouldn't rap either

All I see is people complaining about the beats/bars on Pablo. Now go back and break down WTT beats and bars and let's try and find these same issues.

Last edited:
WTT >

Heard about at least 3 killings this afternoon
Lookin’ at the news like damn I was just with him after school,
No shop class but half the school got a tool,
And I could die any day type attitude
Plus his little brother got shot reppin’ his avenue
It’s time for us to stop and re-define black power
41 souls murdered in 50 hours

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all of tlop

Last edited:

Read the second sentence in the second paragraph you wrote. That's exactly what category this trash falls under

Beat me to it :lol:

Not anymore.

Yep Dudes go to far with KANYE...This is Kanye & his stans logic: IF YOU DON'T LIKE HIS MUSIC OR THINK LIKE HE THINKS THEN YOU THE ENEMY, A HATER, YOU DON'T KNOW REAL MUSIC...This dudes fans are like the JONES TOWN cult followers they will attack you if you say anything bad about him....

Yea this album is trash 30 HOURS is dope but other than that he could have kept this to himself....

This guy is surrounded by Yes Men. It seems like everyone is scared of telling him the truth. They don't want to hear a rant or a tantrum.

NO ONE CHECKED HIM WHEN HE SAID MEKHI PHIFER WAS IN TOO DEEP!!!!

All I hear are excuses. You just don't get this genre, it's not rap, this sounds better in concert, his beats are special.

Last edited:
Y'all complain that Kanye should drop a rap album, but the one he dropped that he actually raps on every song with Jay-Z , an album that has dope beats and just about every verse/song on the album is fire.

According to y'all ain't a classic. Why should he ever rap again? lol
If that's not good enough I wouldn't rap either

All I see is people complaining about the beats/bars on Pablo. Now go back and break down WTT beats and bars and let's try and find these same issues.

You do know an album can be good....even great....without being a CLASSIC, right?

Sometimes dudes just go TOO far.

What i like to do with this thread is see how many people are in this thread complaining about lyrics and production, and then seeing them in threads of artist who's entire rap career is Tlop level bars & entire production style is average trap beats with repetitive flows. That's a good indicator as to who's really just doesn't like the music, or the dudes who just have a personal vendetta against Ye for whatever reason.

I'd have to double check but when has Ye been lyrical? I can remember Ye being good for a few bars and good tune and some great beats but for me to expect a full Ye album with fire lyrics never crossed my mind

What i like to do with this thread is see how many people are in this thread complaining about lyrics and production, and then seeing them in threads of artist who's entire rap career is Tlop level bars & entire production style is average trap beats with repetitive flows. That's a good indicator as to who's really just doesn't like the music, or the dudes who just have a personal vendetta against Ye for whatever reason.

That's thing though bro, we all listen to artist for different reasons, I'm sure none of us complaining listen Kanye expecting some "mustard on the beat" type **** with some simple wiz Khalifa type lyrics. Kanye has never spit on some reasonable doubt/illmatic type steez but you can't tell me the rhymes and the feeling wasn't there, especially on those hot *** beats. That's what made Kanye who he is. I don't hate Kanye that's why I'm in this thread all the time, I just want some good music from him.

Another possibility is maybe he set the bar too high for himself, where if mc get busy dropped that album it would be cool but since it was ye we expect greatness. IDK

Last edited:
That's thing though bro, we all listen to artist for different reasons, I'm sure none of us complaining listen Kanye expecting some "mustard on the beat" type **** with some simple wiz Khalifa type lyrics. Kanye has never spit on some reasonable doubt/illmatic type steez but you can't tell me the rhymes and the feeling wasn't there, especially on those hot *** beats. That's what made Kanye who he is. I don't hate Kanye that's why I'm in this thread all the time, I just want some good music from him.

Another possibility is maybe he set the bar too high for himself, where if mc get busy dropped that album it would be cool but since it was ye we expect greatness. IDK

I get that mindset, but thinking like that is going to set you up for failure EVERY time, Your basically asking him to create a classic everytime out & if it doesn't meet that expectation then it's automatically trash.

It's just a little confusing to me that people can praise mediocre music from one artist, and then destroy another one when the output presented is still better than the same mediocre **** they was praising.

I'd have to double check but when has Ye been lyrical? I can remember Ye being good for a few bars and good tune and some great beats but for me to expect a full Ye album with fire lyrics never crossed my mind

Well clearly he didn't write most of his stuff but aside from 808's every album has had some good lyricism.

Gorgeous and Power on MBDTF, All Falls Down, Never Let Me Down, Two Words etc all have pretty solid lyrics.

"**** the police that's how I treat em
We buy our way outta jail but we can't buy freedom
We'll buy a lot of clothes but we don't really need em,
Things we buy to cover up what's inside
Cus they made us hate ourself and love they wealth"

Not particularly complex rhyme schemes or vocab but the content and delivery are solid. That's his lane but he can't even get to that level nowadays

Much like with Dre, I won't fault them too much for not writing their own stuff as long as it sounds good. Generally what makes his albums so great is he has great taste in contributors and collaborators (both writing and producing) so the end result is excellent regardless of how much was his original material.

On Pablo it's like he ain't even got good enough taste/discernment anymore :lol:

Last edited:
Quote:
Well clearly he didn't write most of his stuff but aside from 808's every album has had some good lyricism.

Gorgeous and Power on MBDTF, All Falls Down, Never Let Me Down, Two Words etc all have pretty solid lyrics.

"**** the police that's how I treat em
We buy our way outta jail but we can't buy freedom
We'll buy a lot of clothes but we don't really need em,
Things we buy to cover up what's inside
Cus they made us hate ourself and love they wealth"

Not particularly complex rhyme schemes or vocab but the content and delivery are solid. That's his lane but he can't even get to that level nowadays

Much like with Dre, I won't fault them too much for not writing their own stuff as long as it sounds good. Generally what makes his albums so great is he has great taste in contributors and collaborators (both writing and producing) so the end result is excellent regardless of how much was his original material.

On Pablo it's like he ain't even got good enough taste/discernment anymore
laugh.gif
But on every song was that the case? Cause we got some of that same kind of work on Real Friends, Wolves, FML, No More Parties and prob a few others. Yea he had more than enough lines that could have and maybe should have been left off but as a whole I don't see this album to be too disappointing.

My main issue with this album is all the beat changes mid and at the end of songs. Ruins the mood and flow of a lot of these tracks. Second is Ye saying "Damn letting an actual singer sings these lines, I got this" and we get to hear how tone deaf and flat his singing voice is

^ Perfect morning song.

The intro gets me hype everytime. "If young Metro don't trust you I'm gon shoo- BEAUTIFUL MORNING" :smokin

Back
Top Bottom