OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

Kids See Ghost & Reborn >>> Ye as a whole album
The rest of the album doesn't seem like complete songs and/or they didn't want to make the album long but those two songs are a good foundation

Just copped the KSG vinyl

Will prob do something like this to it.. that album cover is too beautiful - murakami :pimp:
big-computer-frame-feature.jpg

I just wanna quote this image to say that Dark Side of the Moon is also a classic album. One of my favorite classic rock records.

sidenote: im one of those guys who doesnt really care for kid cudi, never really got into his music, i think he's "iite"

TRACK 2 "fire"

i dont really care for this song, but Im guessing it's one of those songs that sets u in the mood or tone/setting of what you're about to get into. that's how im taking it.

TRACK 3 "4th Dimension"
this is dope. so far, from track 1 i had jungle vibes, and im getting them here too. this sound reminiscent to some elements of watch the throne. i like this

TRACK 4 "Freeee"
I love this ****. Can I request an album full of "Ghost Town" type of tracks? This is "Part 2" and definitely sounds like a branch off Part 1. Please give me a 7 Track Ghost Town EP. I'd imagine it'd feel like a Tame Impala album. MBDTF vibes towards the end of the song I'm getting as well.

Track 5 "Reborn"
song is good, i feel a chunk of it got repetitive. could've done with 1 less chorus after cudi's verse.
he continues repeating after the break, but the beat is transitioning and changing/evolving to the end, which i like.. instead of it being a loop as it was earlier... ok nah lol like he repeating this wayyy too much now lol i need a break.

Track 6- "Kids See Ghosts"
i just wanna say the production has been amazing so far. love the trance and house elements on this song. my man mos def back yes. i love this song. omg this is the BEST SONG. YASIIN!!! the progression of this song

Track 7- "Cudi Montage"
yeah man this song is fire. but that "don't shine ur light on me" whatever thing got repetitive too like track 5. Kanye rapping some deeper ****.

overall:
i appreciate the vibe, it's like tasting something different but is dope. some repetitive parts, but overall it's good, and the production value is incredible in my opinion. overall, i feel like this project feels more of like a teaser or sample for a bigger project. it's like when u go to the grocery n whateva them ppls be having foods for u to sample out, n u eating all the samples like unh yea yea this is pretty good man yo lemme cop that whole thing thing nahmsaying.

i had the pusha joint on repeat for a minute, it's good to break away from just a strict rap mood and then taking in this vibe/taste. it's refreshing.

as im typing this, track 1 played again, love it even more now, and i felt the ending of it did get repetitive too lol. and im enjoying track 2 more than the first time i heard it.

EDIT:
dont go into this expecting Kanye going crazy with lyrics. he's back to rapping more of traditional Kanye, but it aint up to par, it's alright though, he does enough to fill u up, pause.

Kids See Ghosts makes me happy.

I remember when Sky Might Fall dropped, a Kanye produced track. Although I wish the album could be longer, as a Kanye/Cudi fan, this is what I've been waiting for.... for a very long time.

sidenote: im one of those guys who doesnt really care for kid cudi, never really got into his music, i think he's "iite"

TRACK 2 "fire"

i dont really care for this song, but Im guessing it's one of those songs that sets u in the mood or tone/setting of what you're about to get into. that's how im taking it.

TRACK 3 "4th Dimension"
this is dope. so far, from track 1 i had jungle vibes, and im getting them here too. this sound reminiscent to some elements of watch the throne. i like this

TRACK 4 "Freeee"
I love this ****. Can I request an album full of "Ghost Town" type of tracks? This is "Part 2" and definitely sounds like a branch off Part 1. Please give me a 7 Track Ghost Town EP. I'd imagine it'd feel like a Tame Impala album. MBDTF vibes towards the end of the song I'm getting as well.

Track 5 "Reborn"
song is good, i feel a chunk of it got repetitive. could've done with 1 less chorus after cudi's verse.
he continues repeating after the break, but the beat is transitioning and changing/evolving to the end, which i like.. instead of it being a loop as it was earlier... ok nah lol like he repeating this wayyy too much now lol i need a break.

Track 6- "Kids See Ghosts"
i just wanna say the production has been amazing so far. love the trance and house elements on this song. my man mos def back yes. i love this song. omg this is the BEST SONG. YASIIN!!! the progression of this song

Track 7- "Cudi Montage"
yeah man this song is fire. but that "don't shine ur light on me" whatever thing got repetitive too like track 5. Kanye rapping some deeper ****.

overall:
i appreciate the vibe, it's like tasting something different but is dope. some repetitive parts, but overall it's good, and the production value is incredible in my opinion. overall, i feel like this project feels more of like a teaser or sample for a bigger project. it's like when u go to the grocery n whateva them ppls be having foods for u to sample out, n u eating all the samples like unh yea yea this is pretty good man yo lemme cop that whole thing thing nahmsaying.

i had the pusha joint on repeat for a minute, it's good to break away from just a strict rap mood and then taking in this vibe/taste. it's refreshing.

as im typing this, track 1 played again, love it even more now, and i felt the ending of it did get repetitive too lol. and im enjoying track 2 more than the first time i heard it.

EDIT:
dont go into this expecting Kanye going crazy with lyrics. he's back to rapping more of traditional Kanye, but it aint up to par, it's alright though, he does enough to fill u up, pause.

I never got super in to Cudi but his influence on music the past decade is undeniable.

Kanyes bars on Kids see ghosts are the best he’s had since twisted fantasy. That’s not saying much cause he’s been spittin nonsense, but it was refreshing hearing something with substance.

i just hope kanye releases the pre-tmz album after teyana's.. 4th of july banger?

Stop

4:44 says other wise

And when Jay gets with Kanye his lyrical quality goes down

Nah, they needed their counterpart's swag and relevance.
Jay inspired Kanye and Kanye inspired Cudi who birthed all these current emo rappers. Kanye working with Jay might be the reason the younger crowd doesn't think he's played out. Kanye admits he OVO'd Cudi for 808 n heartbeats album. He had to make sure all things were settled before Cudi let everyone know how bad Ye needed him so he would look corny to the younger crowd which we can all see has no respect for the past.

You can disagree, but I doubt you're listening to many current artists.

Gave the album another listen in my car, and it has grown on me. The intro song and Freeee (I didnt like Ghost Town either) are the only two weak songs. Reborn and Cudi's Montage are the two standouts to me.

After the trash that was Ye, I am really happy with this album

My biggest take away is that Kanye + team can produce a sound that fits which ever artists' style.

With that said, I'm really looking forward to Nas' album next week. Kanye doing boom bap / break beats?!

Sign me the f___k up

I **** with this album, better than I expected, high replay value

I came into this new CudYe album with no expectations.. listened to it a few times, first topically, to see how it made me feel, then i listened a little closer, to the complexity of the production, samples and snippets... then i listened to the messages in the music..

albums like this and ye are so complex, like listenign to a jcole or kdot.. this isnt something you just play in the background ,, this is body of work will speak to you BUT you have to be in the mindset to listen.. if you're not, thats okay cause this music will always be here...

one thing 'bout music, when it hits you feel no pain 8)

Back
Top Bottom