OFFICIAL : Zoom Kobe V (5) thread - Ace launch on 3/6

Originally Posted by Lex Venture

The kobe line is on its way to blowing up like the jordan brand! Im glad ive been down since the zoom kobe I!

ive been down since....

adidas-top-ten-2000-kobe-retro-1.jpg

(even tho i thought Nick the quick was better
laugh.gif
)

and glad he left....

but he had a lot of dope adidas. like the crazy 8s i actually liked the adidas Kobe 1
grin.gif

Originally Posted by bballah3

Originally Posted by TCMan5190

Originally Posted by Mourf83

Originally Posted by TCMan5190

Ok just called NT seattle and they told me the only Kobe Vs they are getting are the aways on the 23rd? also called southcenter footlocker and they aren't getting Bruce Lee's either. Anyone in the Seattle area know a place getting them? I figured NT would for sure be getther the BL's

Thx for the heads up fam but they re getting them no sooner than the 23rd seriously? Im leaving Seattle on the 18th for Montana
grin.gif
i wanted to get a pair before that.
what s good with the chaos though? i arrived in Seattle on december 28th from France and they were nowhere to be found...
tired.gif

I was planning on calling around again. I dont know why NT would be getting them a week later...I have a feeling the lady didnt really know what she was talking about. I really hope she was wrong and they are getting the Bruce Lee's. as far as chaos, I know southcenter footlocker got them and they still had some like a week after release.

Yeah or have them do a search for the shoe on their computers....they should find a nice stock in Portland they can pull from.

Thanks for the help guys i think i ll just end up ordering them from someone or from a store i just wish i could have tried dem on first

Originally Posted by JordanHead21

Originally Posted by Kobe jordan

Man I cant wait for the BL's and DK's! I thought droppin JB would save me money but not in the least! Oh well 130 for nice good quality shoes is better than 175 for crap shoes with a cool box
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
a lot of jordan heads are starting to like the kobe line

haha well what got me hooked where the chaos and the fact that I feel like I got my moneys worth with these shoes also. This forum is so much nicer than the JB forum, anytime there is a new release there will be 9 pages of

"im copping these x4"
"ducktales"
"great, a good shoe that they are going to ruin the quality on"
"PLEASE BE TRUE!! I NEED THESE"
"COPPED
pimp.gif
"

Nothing but a bunch of resellers and haters in that forum. Never talk about specs of a shoe or anything helpful
indifferent.gif

I think I've found my new home
laugh.gif

Specs? Hooping in Jordans are slowly becoming borderline dangerous.

Originally Posted by never wear them

The kobe line is on its way to blowing up like the jordan brand! Im glad ive been down since the zoom kobe I!

ive been down since....

laugh.gif
)

and glad he left....

but he had a lot of dope adidas. like the crazy 8s i actually liked the adidas Kobe 1
grin.gif
laugh.gif
the adidas Kobe 1 brings back alot of memories... thesilver ones were my first basketball shoe ever when i was in the 2nd grade
laugh.gif
I was like a size 4

haha well what got me hooked where the chaos and the fact that I feel like I got my moneys worth with these shoes also. This forum is so much nicer than the JB forum, anytime there is a new release there will be 9 pages of

"im copping these x4"
"ducktales"
"COPPED
pimp.gif
"

Nothing but a bunch of resellers and haters in that forum. Never talk about specs of a shoe or anything helpful
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
don't think it's any better in this thread/forum. every other page is damn near the same thing as you posted plus:

"when do the (colorway/nickname) release?"

just look back a couple of pgs in this thread and you'll see what i'm talkin about. heck you even get ppl on here that admit that they're too lazyto go back a pg or two to look up information already posted. jordans have considerably gone down in quality for the past several years, but sig kicks likethe zkv and the zlbj vii are on the way up; so you won't hear about poor quality in this thread.

I don't know if this has been posted but anybody looking to cop Bruce Lee's vault in harlem has them got their pairs on january 7th according to theirblog....don't know the size run but you have to place your order through email visit their site for details vaultharlem.com
smile.gif

Originally Posted by shaqrules

"im copping these x4"
"ducktales"
"COPPED
pimp.gif
"

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
don't think it's any better in this thread/forum. every other page is damn near the same thing as you posted plus:

"when do the (colorway/nickname) release?"

just look back a couple of pgs in this thread and you'll see what i'm talkin about. heck you even get ppl on here that admit that they're too lazy to go back a pg or two to look up information already posted. jordans have considerably gone down in quality for the past several years, but sig kicks like the zkv and the zlbj vii are on the way up; so you won't hear about poor quality in this thread.

Well its hard for newcomers to know exact release dates and details because it seems like on Niketalk, we always let some goof make the official Kobe or Lebronpage and it doesnt get updated. Like whoever created this thread hasnt posted since December 11.

If somebody like Never wear them, s dubl, jmizzo, kobehead (you) etc started the thread the first page constantly would get updated and some of the questionscould be avoided. But oh well
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by gdiemaster

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Originally Posted by Kobe jordan

Originally Posted by eeibaby

How are these for balling?
how are they not?
My fault let me re phrase my question.

Has anyone balled in them yet?

i have. i've read and posted about this many times already. plenty of reviews.. out there.
http://www.michaelvincent.net/?p=1455
there you go.

laugh.gif
See if a regualr poster had made the thread. A review could be on thefirst page.

Just played in them in a KobeV Tourney. My thoughts after 2 games. Regarding traction...(everything else is great). These have a small zoom unit in theforefoot (which is way wider than the IV making the foot slide around inside the shoe). The lunar foam of the IV lets the forefoot rest more comfortably in theshoe, in turn, putting more even pressure on the outsole, providing better traction. The traction pattern is cool on the V (a EKG reading), but not atraditional pattern, taking away from the grip on the court. The herringbone pattern is unmatched in traction. Its a GREAT shoe to play in, but just not theIV.

got a quick question about the bruce lee's.
anyone in the so-cal area know if they will be releasing here? i.e south coast plaza...main place...etc?
pleaseeeee be here or is it officially just house of hoops and niketowns? thanks for the help!

Originally Posted by phylon23

Just played in them in a KobeV Tourney. My thoughts after 2 games. Regarding traction...(everything else is great). These have a small zoom unit in the forefoot (which is way wider than the IV making the foot slide around inside the shoe). The lunar foam of the IV lets the forefoot rest more comfortably in the shoe, in turn, putting more even pressure on the outsole, providing better traction. The traction pattern is cool on the V (a EKG reading), but not a traditional pattern, taking away from the grip on the court. The herringbone pattern is unmatched in traction. Its a GREAT shoe to play in, but just not the IV.

thanks for your input on the traction...I was hoping that since it was a variation of herringbone it would still do the job but traditional herringbone justreally can't be beat...another person on the other boards said that his friends did start to squeak so I'm hoping that will happen for mine as well...Ilove everything else about the v's over the iv's, at least for me, except for the traction

anyone else that have played in theirs that want to chime in regarding the traction or overall performance it would be greatly appreciated

Originally Posted by m23airj0rdan23j

got a quick question about the bruce lee's.
anyone in the so-cal area know if they will be releasing here? i.e south coast plaza...main place...etc?
pleaseeeee be here or is it officially just house of hoops and niketowns? thanks for the help!

i talked to someone at south coast plaza FTL, he said he knew about the brice lees but he's pretty sure they arent getting them. looks like a trip to LAfor us buddy.

Originally Posted by never wear them

ive been down since....

laugh.gif
)

and glad he left....

grin.gif

The Adidas The Kobe 1 is still imo the best adidas bball shoe of all time. althought the crazy 1 wasnt as nice quality wise its still the performance beast thekobe was... crazy 1's can be had on ebay for 30 shipped. imo a steal

First Problem with the KOBE Vs that wasn't a problem on the IVs....

The front of the toe box has a "lip" where the mid sole meets the upper.... if you tend to drag your feet a bit, these will begin to peel and theglue will become unstuck.

Anyone else have this problem??

I had multiple pairs of the IVs and never experienced this because of the way the toe box was designed on the IVs.

Back
Top Bottom