OFFICIAL : Zoom Kobe V (5) thread - Ace launch on 3/6

Originally Posted by never wear them

Originally Posted by trunkz550

Just picked up the chaos and they are nice. Buuut I like my 4's more I have to admit. The finals away and CD 4 are just too amazing. I guess I'll have to see the other cw's that drop in the 5's.

I feel you dude.... But I think it's time to renew our ankle insurance Mr. Greedley haha
Lol I feel you Edwin. Even tho I like the 4's a little better I still have the chaos on my feet right now lol .

Originally Posted by smurfdavid

man these colorways are copped Damn they are nice
pimp.gif
smdcnr.jpg
1zfondc.jpg

pimp.gif

I Love the V but I feel that the IV couldve been the BEST Basketball shoe ever it would have had the same TECH like 15mm Zoom Air in the heel and 6mm in theForefoot. Other than that The definitive CW of the IV is definitely between the CARPE DIEM and VENOM.

Originally Posted by got shoes

how's the performance if anybody has hooped in them?

They feel great, a little stiff in the forefoot when you first play in them and then gradually they break in better. I still like the IV a lot more, but I needZoom Air in the Forefoot and the V's have exactly that. Court feel, cushioning, stability, the shoe has all that.

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Originally Posted by al3x89

trunkz550 wrote:

Just picked up the chaos and they are nice. Buuut I like my 4's more I have to admit. The finals away and CD 4 are just too amazing. I guess I'll
have to see the other cw's that drop in the 5's.

Do you like them more because they perform better, or because you like how the 4's look?

I still think the 4's look better than the 5's, but if the 5's perform better than the 4's, then I don't care.

IMO thats exactly the case. The V's are much more of a performance product than the IV's, which were like shoes you could wear casually as well as use on court.

I don't wear ball shoes casually, ever.. lol

Even though the 5's look a little worse than the 4's, I'll still rock them on the court cause they perform better as you say!

the "inlines" and "del-sols" are nice but they look VERY similar to the iv's. there is no originality.

i'm not feeling the majority of the cw's due to the color blocking. for example, the "carpe diem". the "aways" kill that design bya mile.

"dark knight's" and "bruce lee's" are on another level
pimp.gif
a must cop.

iv > v as far as casual appearance.

v's are probably the better performance shoe based on the reviews.

Just got back from playing 2 hours in them indoors. Here are a couple things I noticed:
+ The shoe might actually be a little TOO light. Kinda crazy, but I was warming up and could barely feel them on my feet.
+ The midfoot area is a little tight, but not painful. I'm guessing they should stretch a little bit with more wears, but for people just wearing themcasually, you should got a half size up.
+ The midsole/insole cups the bottom of your feet amazingly well! Absolutely no way your feet can slide around in these babies.
+ Traction was top notch as expected.
+ Cushioning was great, you can definitely feel the bigger zoom bag in the heal. I did miss the bouncy feel you got from the lunar foam in the IV, but the zoomwill last a lot longer so no complaints there.
+ The overall fit was almost perfect the way the flywire & material wrapped around your foot. Ankle support was similar to the IV, but the cut seemed tomold a little better. Maybe it was just in my head..

BTW, if it matters, I'm 5'10, 170lbs, play SG, and attack the hoop a lot.
Overall, I think if you liked playing in the IV's, you're gonna love the V's even more. The upgrades to cushioning, weight, and ankle area makethese just an absolute monster. Hope this helped, and if I missed anything, fire away!

Originally Posted by Pick Pocket 7

Just got back from playing 2 hours in them indoors. Here are a couple things I noticed:
+ The shoe might actually be a little TOO light. Kinda crazy, but I was warming up and could barely feel them on my feet.
+ The midfoot area is a little tight, but not painful. I'm guessing they should stretch a little bit with more wears, but for people just wearing them casually, you should got a half size up.
+ The midsole/insole cups the bottom of your feet amazingly well! Absolutely no way your feet can slide around in these babies.
+ Traction was top notch as expected.
+ Cushioning was great, you can definitely feel the bigger zoom bag in the heal. I did miss the bouncy feel you got from the lunar foam in the IV, but the zoom will last a lot longer so no complaints there.
+ The overall fit was almost perfect the way the flywire & material wrapped around your foot. Ankle support was similar to the IV, but the cut seemed to mold a little better. Maybe it was just in my head..

BTW, if it matters, I'm 5'10, 170lbs, play SG, and attack the hoop a lot.
Overall, I think if you liked playing in the IV's, you're gonna love the V's even more. The upgrades to cushioning, weight, and ankle area make these just an absolute monster. Hope this helped, and if I missed anything, fire away!
Great review
pimp.gif

Im glad dudes arent feeling the CDs...personally I love em. Hopefully that means easy cop for me. I was thinking about copping a few of the early pairs, andusing em for trade bait down the line for other pairs I wanted...but after seeing the Chaos in person I dont think I'll be able to let go any pairs Iget....

Kobe V line will def be what Im purchasing most in '10

edit...Five30, Im really liking the lace change.

I agree with the review above. although I wore mine casually today, the overall feel of the shoe is really good IMO. The ankle area is the most noticeabledifference compared to the iv's. It just fits way snugger (sp? word?). Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with my first wear. I also got the same size as Idid for the iv's and it was just fine however i didn't ball in them, just for casual wear. I'll post some pics in an hour or so after I rest for abit.

I just got back from playing a few half court games and I can now say that I'm completely sold on the V's.

I was a bit concerned about the firmness straight out of the box and also the snugness around the achilles area, but once I was warmed up, the shoes weremoney.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by s dubl

Im glad dudes arent feeling the CDs...personally I love em. Hopefully that means easy cop for me. I was thinking about copping a few of the early pairs, and using em for trade bait down the line for other pairs I wanted...but after seeing the Chaos in person I dont think I'll be able to let go any pairs I get....

Kobe V line will def be what Im purchasing most in '10

edit...Five30, Im really liking the lace change.

im also one of the many here that is not liking the CD at all.i`ll pass on that and wait till it goes on sale like the other ZK IV CW...

Originally Posted by kobehead

Originally Posted by never wear them

(doing push up)
laugh.gif
Dont blame me lol if they crease...
roll.gif
i did push ups in em like 3 hours ago.. no creasing!

oh and V's are my favorite Kobes.. a bball shoe that has zoom and doesnt crease = greatness achieved

Back
Top Bottom