OFFICIAL : Zoom Kobe V (5) thread - Ace launch on 3/6

Originally Posted by Iceberg16

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

From the other site. Explains the price increase

As the Zoom Kobe V enjoyed its widely anticipated launch during the month of January, the success of the Zoom Kobe IV brought on a similar quandary that the Hyperdunk and Hyperize experienced last August, as the past shoe had been so well received that it was still on store shelves when its predecessor launched. At $10 more, it’s fair to wonder why the Zoom Kobe V deserves your attention over the IV, but with its lighter weight, thinner yet equally supportive upper, and forefoot Zoom Air cushioning, the Zoom Kobe V makes for a softer total package offering with better overall comfort. On a side note, Nike also happened to get hit by a tax technicality as well with the Zoom Kobe V, which is made entirely of synthetic materials. When importing a shoe to the United States after it’s been made on the overseas production lines, a shoe made of leathers is only taxed at an 8 percent clip, while a shoe featuring synthetics costs Nike a 20 percent tax. Quite a difference, and one of those rare fine print details you’d absolutely never hear about at your local sneaker store.
Nice info! however the 12 % difference on a shoe that cost 5 dollar ( im being generous ) to make, shouldn't equate to a 10 dollar premium! I think nike is just gonna slowly up the price, so consumers will feel like is only 10 bucks more so in a few years. Kobes will be 160 as well.
If that happens it would be a shame, but I could see that coming.

^good luck finding em. i'm still looking for my sz9. they look nice with the away laces too. dang...i need these. do u all think the aways will go on sale at some point?

Originally Posted by a1iens

^good luck finding em. i'm still looking for my sz9. they look nice with the away laces too. dang...i need these. do u all think the aways will go on sale at some point?
At some point they might. If they do i will cop another.
cbfpunch-I like those laces.
abernja-Nice pick up on those. Have to see them in person to decide if i wanna copp. I'm waiting for the "inline" to drop because i missed out on the IV last year.

So this is looking ahead but I had a question about some of the future releases.

What kind of release will the Dukes/Rice be? I've never bought any Kobes before the V's so will these be easy to top or like a HOH/NT release?

How do you guys feel about the Black/Gold (I think these are the Rice but Im not sure)? Sometimes I feel like they resemble the Lee's alot

Walked into HOHLA around 5pm yesterday and copped my Bruce Lee's. Having a big foot pays off sometime. As of 5pm yesterday they had sizes 13-15 for anyone that missed out.

Originally Posted by HOOD17

abernja-Nice pick up on those. Have to see them in person to decide if i wanna copp. I'm waiting for the "inline" to drop because i missed out on the IV last year.

Thanks - The FootLocker near me still has a size 8 & 8.5 in the Inline IV's. They're still $120, but maybe they can price match their online price. I can pick them up for anyone who wants them. Just send me a PM.

Originally Posted by Dextertbay813

WHAT DAY DO THE ALL STARS DROP????

The day you'll look at the thread title.
wink.gif

I know I'm probably really late, but where can I grab the Bruce Lee's online short of paying an arm and a leg? I'm from Austin, so the shoe spots here are rather limited.

Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by Dextertbay813

WHAT DAY DO THE ALL STARS DROP????

It is my understanding that they are going to release Friday 2/12 however that could change to Saturday 2/13

just got back from Shanghai, China about 2 weeks ago. Inlines apparently have been out for about 2 months already there (end of december) but no one is buying them cause most people dont ball outdoors. They sell the one with the black outsole. they were goin for 1680 RMB in the Nike stores which is about 247.0 US. so gross...can't imagine being in Shanghai and trying to keep up with the shoe game.

The more I wear these, the more pairs i want.  Wore my BL's all day yesterday and love them, wish I had doubled up!

^^^ That sounds really teribble...it is cheaper to pay reseller prices than buying them from your own store on release date
frown.gif

Originally Posted by eyecut

we only get the normal away shoe..is there anybody from europe who shares the same problem?

Hoops shoes don't sell that well this side of the Atlantic. From a business point of view, it makes perfect sense that the U.S. should get dibs on these.

The solution is generally eBay and Paypal. Some Asian sellers 'forget' to mark the full value on the form.
That's about all you can do.

correct me if im wrong but werent the zk1, zk2, zk3 130 dollars. the zk4 was 120 i just thought it was becuse they were low top n used less materials. but based on how popular they n nike knowing that the zk5 would be even more, i feel they slaped that extra 10 bucks becuse they knew they could get away with it...... thats just what i think but what do i know

some guy on the raptors is wearing the white/red/black kobe V right now vs the kings. look nice in hd lol this is the first time outside of the laker team that ive seen another player wear the kobe v...

^^ Doesn't really matter what they say..........Zoom in the forefoot DEF warrants a $10 price hike imho.

Back
Top Bottom