Originally Posted by iLLGT2

Originally Posted by al3x89

Originally Posted by eenxsoon

Originally Posted by xX LeGod Xx

Originally Posted by changstae

Originally Posted by HUSTLIN ON YOU

Has anyone sprained their ankle/s in the V yet? I lace up real tight and wear two socks. I just sprained it again on my 10th wear in them playing indoors since late Feb which was my first time breaking them in and sprained it on my 3rd wear. I might have to switch back to hyperdunks which I had no problems with if this continues
rolled my ankle twice, no major sprains yet
I've broken my ankle in hyperdunks.. 
the kobe V outriggers helped stop a sprained ankle.. but now the shoe feels like crap .. it's like the outriggers have a 1 time use only..

Just came back from practice.. I wore the kobe V inlines. Guess what?
I sprained the same ankle that I almost sprained last time.. kobe v's are crap performance-wise..
6a00d8345230d269e20105370da83a970b-550wi

laugh.gif
The iv's never broke my ankle.. I WANT THE IV'S PERFORMANCE IN THE V'S !

You guys all must be ******ed or something.

1. learn to run properly.
2. the IV's don't outperform the V's. if you think that's true, give me your V's.

I play intense basketball.. and when I say intense, not this pick up crap... i play in men's league and extramural's in college.

my shoes get beat up every day, and I'm fine.... seriously, somethings wrong with you guys.
Extramurals lmao, it's "Intra" mural
wink.gif

It's unfair to say run properly, or do this or that differently without knowing the circumstances in how they sprained/rolled their ankles.. If you come down on another players foot, hardly any shoe is saving your ankle, even taping it doesn't always help (I taped my ankles for college ball)

BUT, for the most part, you cannot blame the shoes fellas.. If you are rolling them by just running then quickly changing direction, something is obviously wrong... Strengthen those ankles/legs, or pick another sport. High tops are just masking the interlying issue....
lol.. actually, it's both. intra is within the school.. and extra is against other schools. it's for the guys that didn't make the actual school team, but are still good enough to play against college guys.

and i know, i was only kidding about the running thing.

sorry i just read the other post where someone corrected you. i don't care if you believe me or not, i play both intramural and extramural. and i did mean to say extramural lol.

Originally Posted by iLLGT2

Originally Posted by al3x89

Originally Posted by xX LeGod Xx

Originally Posted by changstae

Originally Posted by HUSTLIN ON YOU

Has anyone sprained their ankle/s in the V yet? I lace up real tight and wear two socks. I just sprained it again on my 10th wear in them playing indoors since late Feb which was my first time breaking them in and sprained it on my 3rd wear. I might have to switch back to hyperdunks which I had no problems with if this continues
rolled my ankle twice, no major sprains yet
I've broken my ankle in hyperdunks.. 
the kobe V outriggers helped stop a sprained ankle.. but now the shoe feels like crap .. it's like the outriggers have a 1 time use only..

Just came back from practice.. I wore the kobe V inlines. Guess what?
I sprained the same ankle that I almost sprained last time.. kobe v's are crap performance-wise..

laugh.gif
The iv's never broke my ankle.. I WANT THE IV'S PERFORMANCE IN THE V'S !

You guys all must be ******ed or something.

1. learn to run properly.
2. the IV's don't outperform the V's. if you think that's true, give me your V's.

I play intense basketball.. and when I say intense, not this pick up crap... i play in men's league and extramural's in college.

my shoes get beat up every day, and I'm fine.... seriously, somethings wrong with you guys.
Extramurals lmao, it's "Intra" mural
wink.gif

It's unfair to say run properly, or do this or that differently without knowing the circumstances in how they sprained/rolled their ankles.. If you come down on another players foot, hardly any shoe is saving your ankle, even taping it doesn't always help (I taped my ankles for college ball)

BUT, for the most part, you cannot blame the shoes fellas.. If you are rolling them by just running then quickly changing direction, something is obviously wrong... Strengthen those ankles/legs, or pick another sport. High tops are just masking the interlying issue....

LOL it's funny how some people get offended. 
I believe I run properly.. I have never come near spraining my ankle while running.. .. (******s)

I play college VOLLEYBALL with the kobe v's and previously with hyperdunks and kobe iv's

and of course I don't blame the shoe.. even tho I do think the iv's are more comfy. it fits my foot better. and the cushion around the ankle is thicker. 

I do like the v's .. especially how the shoe doesn't have any creases after use.. but it seems like nike just took out too much weight.
just curious.. have you broken in your 5's? cause i'll admit, out of the box the 4's were
pimp.gif
but after breaking the 5's in they are way better.

the break in period IMO is at LEAST 3 hours of running.

shooting sleeves helps, at least for me, prevent getting those cuts and abrasions when playing. especially during pick-up games where you don't know if guys tend to their nails properly or if they like to swipe at you every chance they get. i have a good number of nicks from ppl getting my hand or wrist instead of ball, and a burn mark this other time diving for the ball when i decided to pass on wearing a sleeve for the day.

I'm looking for one of those shoulder brace/supports that Sasha Vujacic is wearing. I suffered a shoulder injury a few months back, anyone know where I can find one?

Back to the shoes... I HAD 17 pairs of them Kobe's but I just sold my 2nd pair of Dukes, Aces, Inlines, Dark Knights, Bruce Lees, and my only pair of VDays... I was getting out of control... needed to get some of that money back. Debating if I should return my 2nd pair of Aways.

Let me see... 17 pairs at $142.68 each pair = $2,425.56... in less than 2 months... yeah... I got it bad.
sick.gif

Wore my BLs around the house a few times and such since its been nice here to try and break in a bit more in between the few runs I get on the court- NOT SERIOUS BASKETBALL by the way, which I am completely ok with.  I like to run, jump, and attempt to shoot on occasion, so I am glad that I have Kobe 5s to play in when I have the chance.  To me its not that I have to have them, but I like them, and they feel very comfortable, so why not?  I recognize I am nothing but exceptionally average skill level, but I don't have any reservations about wearing nice, cool, technology- from a footwear perspective.  If some dudes don't, and only wanna spend 30 bucks on a pair of kicks, I have no issue with that either.

Back to the Lees, my wife seriously dissed them and told me she "hates" them.  She normally doesn't take issue with many of my kicks, but she has seroius issue with these.  I showed her some pics of the aways and inlines and she kinda shrugged.  Needless to say, she seems to prefer the 4s better than the 5s, which is a serious problem for me.  I love the 5s, and only have POP 4s which I wear, and CD 4s, which I will not wear anytime soon.  So, not to get all crazy and ramble on, but I just thought I would share that little nugget with my fellow NTers today.  About to head out for the NCAA Tourney here in MKE to watch Xavier/Minn.  Beautiful day here so I may have to bust out the ASG Vs much to my wifes dismay.  Oh, the things we do for Kobes!

Originally Posted by haza12d

I'm looking for one of those shoulder brace/supports that Sasha Vujacic is wearing. I suffered a shoulder injury a few months back, anyone know where I can find one?
I wouldn't mind finding out where to get one of those also, but I have searched and found nothing...
I suffered many dislocations and currently wear double braces on my shoulders whenever I play....
I purchased my braces off ebay and they are intended for use with dirt bike riding....they work very well, keeps the shoulder socket in place and provides for a lot of mobility....but it doesnt have that extra padding for protection like sasha's or jamison's....

Originally Posted by dmxgod

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

whats up vince!! you get any new kobes? i still am at 0 but may get a pair soon hahaha
LIAR!!!
laugh.gif
..two pairs of Kobe V "Aways" are on their way to California right now for you..stop frontin
wink.gif
haha oh crap you are so correct!! ha!! yea! i do have 2 pairs!! completely forgot!!! woo hoo!! wow cant believe i forgot...thats what happens when i get all caught up with other stuff coming in and working late hours.  i would probably been like "whats this package doing here" and SURPRISE!! but its not a surprise from the misses, its from myself, so thats not a surprise
frown.gif

Hey D are those shoulder braces you use cumbersome? my bro has a dislocation problem with one of his shoulders, i wouldnt mind getting him one for when he works out and stuff...if you could send me the info on those that would be great....and if someone knows about that shoulder shirt that sasha or jamison wears that would be helpful too.

dang you alright search4js? wonder why nike didnt do the ankle insurance ad for the V haha jk jk....wow another one bites the dust. coincidence or....???? well hope your ankle gets better soon to all those with "BROKE ANKLES!" ive sprained mines twice in my life already (same one) and although its not serious injuries, its still a pain to deal with.

gotta look for some PT bands for strength and conditioning of the injured ankle

hate not reading for a couple days just went through 10+ pages of nothing best thing i found was a coupon.

Originally Posted by never wear them

If u look at em both, they're both completely different. Different soles, diff pattern, diff color...

Very true...the 2nd is the POP, and the 1st may end up being released as the CD.

I definitely like the first version better. The pattern on the second version looks like they got it from those cheap @*! stickers you get from the quarter machines at the grocery store.

Back
Top Bottom