OFFICIAL: ZOOM KOBE V THREAD : UPDATE ON PG.1 RELEASE DATES

Well it's a seller's market up to the point that people actually want to buy the shoes, you know what I mean? As rare as they are, and I definitely think more than the 17 pairs that released at the Montalban event are floating around out there since there have been a pair or two randomly found at outlets, the demand on the Da Vincis is pretty much just limited to the real hardcore Kobe fans. If you ask the average dude in the Kobe 8 thread, they probably have no idea what the Da Vinci Vs are, even though they know about Grinches or Barcelonas or whatever.

At prices like 4K, you could get Air Mags, couple pairs of PEs (which could be even rarer), something that's game worn and signed by the Mamba himself, etc. I just think that's an obscene price even if the shoe is really rare, and we've seen pairs go for 1K and under but nothing in the 4K+ range.

I get what you mean. I guess what I'm saying is, if I had Da Vincis, I would post them for whatever amount I feel I can let them go. They're not Concords or Grinches where there are a LOT of pairs around and there is an actual standard and price ceiling.

Of course if you post them for 4,000 people will get turned off. But if that's the price you want them for, people can't come to you and say: "hey, look at this exact size at only $800"

because in reality, they're actually rare- not just hyped up.

Would I drop 4,000? no. Is there an actual price for that shoe? maybe. That's the point though, this shoe is rarer than any of the "hot" kicks floating around. 1,500-2,000 isn't uncalled for. Just because there's no actual demand doesn't mean people should let them go for $350.

^Gotcha. I get where you're coming from now.

Pricing especially these days is all messed up though. The prices I see people listing at I just gotta shake my head at sometimes. Like the Chaos Vs are getting regularly listed at 325-350+ now in my size, and I'm just like where is this coming from? They didn't go for more than maybe 180-220 or so maybe like a year and a half or two years ago. They were practically sitting in some stores for a while after they originally dropped in '09.

I CAN NEVER be happy when someone picks up Bruce Lees. I will forever regret the day I passed on em. SMH

[sodium] Not happy for you B [/sodium]

WELP!!

with 832 pages it is a little hard to find this out...

But does anyone know how these fit compared to the Kobe 8s? Are these TTS? Are they narrower?

With the announcement of the "Prelude Pack" this almost 4 year old thread suddenly becomes relevant again haha.

Kobe V hands down the best pair of the line. Too bad I won't be able to cop the preludes for retail.

Bruce lee joints are too cold! Wish I had a pair of those for sure.

With the announcement of the "Prelude Pack" this almost 4 year old thread suddenly becomes relevant again haha.

We've been keeping it relevant here and there! Still my favorite thread on here!

Kobe V>
Yeah, this thread has still stayed somewhat relevant even when we didn't know anything about the Preludes. Lot of love for the Vs on here lol

Last edited:
Although im not a big fan of the preludes Im take a shot at the IV and V. The models alone make them appealing.

I know the thread has been relevant the whole time. I mostly just read everyone else's posts and checked out the pics. I just thought it was cool that it become a "current event" now so to speak.

Kobe V is the GOAT!

all white kobe pack or something like that

there is already a tb similar to this but the tb is more silver than this pair

it's just for retailer display at nike store, idk if someone somehow got all those sample kobe and then selling it on ebay

Anyone know how hard a cop the Prelude 1's were on NDC? Didn't try myself, but I'm looking to get the 4s and 5s on NDC as they didn't release in Portland. 

It was impossible. Maybe 2 people posted they got through in the retro thread.

I tried, had 2 browsers open and a third on my phone. Clicked the link on one browser as soon as it went out (refreshing Twitter manually), tried to add to cart, and got the spinning loading circle stuck. Tried on the other 2 and got "waiting in line" messages that turned into sold out messages a few sec later. Only thing I didn't try was mobile notifications, but that would've saved a few seconds max and something tells me it wouldn't have mattered.

People in the retro thread said they had bots and struck out. You might just need to hope people start to loose interest by the 5th one.

Back
Top Bottom