OFFICIAL: ZOOM KOBE V THREAD : UPDATE ON PG.1 RELEASE DATES

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Attention all Bay Area people

Kobe V chaos....are they still available?

that is all.

I was at Shiekhs on market today, they have some sizes on chaos, finally found my double

used my $30 off coupon on the vday as well, burning a hole in my bank account.

Originally Posted by al3x89

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by prayformojo

Hey I wanna start a serious discussion about the Vs performance. I just got home from playing in these for the first time:

A little background: I play 3 times a week( 1 league & 2 nites of pick up), indoors only, I am 39(!) yrs old, but can still get up and down the court. Still play with college age guys & most nights I am the oldest guy out there. I have a moderate case of plantar fasciitis in my right foot, but it doesn't stop me from playing. My current bb shoe rotation has the Kobe IVs(2 pair), Lebron VI, Air III (KGs), 2k5s, Zoom BBs and AJ XIIs.
Anyways, like I said, I wore the Vs tonight and HATED them. The narrowness of the arch part of the sole really hurt my foot. I felt my fasciitis acting up with every step. Don't get me wrong, the Vs cushioning is great, and they look
eek.gif
, but I was greatly disappointed (and sad!) in how they felt on my feet. And now the top of my foot is sore too. There is no way I will wear them again, and I hope I can return them. This also cancels my plans to get other colorways.
Has anyone else had a negative experience balling in the Vs? And please... keep the smartass answers or dumb comments about me or my game to a minimum, I just want to know if I'm the only one.(and I know there is a review post) It breaks my heart that these didn't work out for me.

I really don't think you're giving the shoe a fair chance. I had a similar problem at first but once broken in after 4 wearings it's a TOTALLY different shoe IMO. You can't just give up on a shoe after one wearing. What makes you think you can return a used pair of shoes? That's not fair to the retailer.
exactly... actually i broke in the dark nights today. at first they felt bad but by the 2nd half i was
pimp.gif

play a few more games in them, then make the decision.

I think it is part break in and partly because your foot is moving in ways it has never before.  After these break in and your foot gets used to moving the way nature intended it, you just might find yourself turning into Darryl buying 2x of ever release.....or you might end up hating them...but one wear of this shoe does not do it justice...

im actually liking the POPs. those purple ones are sick too.

i wonder if there will be a "home POP." i really liked last years

Originally Posted by AirForce1s

is it wrong i get more excited about playing in the Vs then playing basketball itself?

I feel ya man!  I look forward to just wearing them at all.  But playin ball in them....just awesome!

Originally Posted by prayformojo

Hey I wanna start a serious discussion about the Vs performance. I just got home from playing in these for the first time:

A little background: I play 3 times a week( 1 league & 2 nites of pick up), indoors only, I am 39(!) yrs old, but can still get up and down the court. Still play with college age guys & most nights I am the oldest guy out there. I have a moderate case of plantar fasciitis in my right foot, but it doesn't stop me from playing. My current bb shoe rotation has the Kobe IVs(2 pair), Lebron VI, Air III (KGs), 2k5s, Zoom BBs and AJ XIIs.
Anyways, like I said, I wore the Vs tonight and HATED them. The narrowness of the arch part of the sole really hurt my foot. I felt my fasciitis acting up with every step. Don't get me wrong, the Vs cushioning is great, and they look
eek.gif
, but I was greatly disappointed (and sad!) in how they felt on my feet. And now the top of my foot is sore too. There is no way I will wear them again, and I hope I can return them. This also cancels my plans to get other colorways.
Has anyone else had a negative experience balling in the Vs? And please... keep the smartass answers or dumb comments about me or my game to a minimum, I just want to know if I'm the only one.(and I know there is a review post) It breaks my heart that these didn't work out for me.

I've had the same problem, but weird as it seems, its only with the all star v's as i've played in the dark knights and had no problems.  the ball and heel of my foot get soooo sore.  never had a problem with flat feet but since i've gotten a lil older and a lot fatter...hahaha.  really suck cuz i really love the v 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by guesshooiem

does the $30 off coupon work at kids footlocker? I know the kobe Vs are not excluded with this coupon.

I tried over the weekend so I could buy my boy a pair of Kobe Vs for him, but the employee said NO cuz they have different codes.  So went back to Footlocker and copped him a pair from there.  Just buy some sox or something to get over the $100 to use the $30 off.

Originally Posted by Decepticon0

Originally Posted by dsquared

Originally Posted by GZA73

I know some of you on here were bidding on those MLK Vs on eBay earlier.

the ones that went for 660?
nerd.gif
Wow, 660 for the MLK V's? Is that how much the MLK IV's are worth?
I wouldn't even pay retail for the MLK V's.  The IV's are so much better.

I wasn't feeling the POP cw last year when I first saw them but ended up liking it a lot. I feel like it's going to be the same with this year's POP/CD cw. Can't wait to double it up come playoff time!

Originally Posted by NotoriousMJ23

POP's are sickkkk.! Looking like X3 for me. Ughhhh. Nike.!! What are you doing?! Too much heat.
x3 Daryl? Kobe and Nike thank you very much j/k haha  I x3 the USC's as well, so it's all good
pimp.gif

After seeing newer pics of them POPs Im feeling them a lot more.

Not sure if Ill try to cop them or not yet.

Hah Darryl you cracking me up
dang i missed a day of NT and this jumps like 10 pages
those inks or whatever are a must have x2!
dang you nike...

The POP colorway will be copped. I love those more than the Awayy/GR colorway. I simply can't get over than loud yellow heel. The purple on the POP is a better look. It's more sleek. Plus the triangles are a nice touch.

I'm going on the hunt for the home colorway today. If not, I'ma score me some Chaos or All-Stars with this V.I.P. coupon.

I'm surprised you CA peeps have Chaos Kobe V's still on the shelves, because they sold out at the marquee FTL's here. The only place left that I know that has Chaos Kobe V's in NYC is in a certain borough, where they rarely get Kobe kicks.

Thanks for the responses guys. It seems like I should give them another chance, which I just might. Maybe I was little disappointed last night, because like most of you, I love the look of the Vs and all the great colorways.
And honestly, I doubt that I will be able to return them, it just that I don't like spending the $ on these and then they just sit in my closet. I guess I could sell 'em on eBay and take whatever I can get, but I don't think many peeps like to buy worn shoes..
Oh well, thanks again guys

Back
Top Bottom