Officially Retired from sneakers

42 here... I loved shoes since my middle school days. The Nike Diamond Fury was the first shoes I bought as a youngster. I even drew shoes up until my senior year of highschool... I wore air max through high school. I really didnt get into Jordans until 2015.

As a southern guy, I was big into the car thing back in 2009. So I built a show car...
20180723_215258.png
20180723_215345.jpg

20140421_184516_zps5c919154.jpg

10534758_10154291551085408_4927985419901835518_n_zps7f3c862e-1.jpg

My wife and I decided 2 years ago to do renovations to our home... 70k invested... I got the more important things out of the way. It has been a plus partaking in hobbies I had a passion for. Now that im into shoes again, this year I've bought more pairs of Jordans than any year I been collecting... I love dressing/fashion and being selective is something I have to work on. Any Jordan I like that I can style I buy them. I'm a avid runner and love cardio so I have no issues wearing any Jordans (not yet)... Im a little over the 100 plus mark and I sometimes feel overwhelmed. I can't imagine having 200 plus pairs knowing what to wear.

42 here... I loved shoes since my middle school days. The Nike Diamond Fury was the first shoes I bought as a youngster. I even drew shoes up until my senior year of highschool... I wore air max through high school. I really didnt get into Jordans until 2015.

As a southern guy, I was big into the car thing back in 2009. So I built a show car...
20180723_215258.png
20180723_215345.jpg

20140421_184516_zps5c919154.jpg

10534758_10154291551085408_4927985419901835518_n_zps7f3c862e-1.jpg

My wife and I decided 2 years ago to do renovations to our home... 70k invested... I got the more important things out of the way. It has been a plus partaking in hobbies I had a passion for. Now that im into shoes again, this year I've bought more pairs of Jordans than any year I been collecting... I love dressing/fashion and being selective is something I have to work on. Any Jordan I like that I can style I buy them. I'm a avid runner and love cardio so I have no issues wearing any Jordans (not yet)... Im a little over the 100 plus mark and I sometimes feel overwhelmed. I can't imagine having 200 plus pairs knowing what to wear.

Nice. My first car was a 87 Caprice Brougham with chameleon paint... former D boy car I bought in an auction. Kinda miss that car, but I need to get to work on my 72 Buick Electra... if I can stop buying shoes, lol.

Im actually surprised you dont have more shoes, I feel like you cop more than me.

Let’s actually do some year end Shoe Awards, feel free to add anything. Here’s da category’s:
Best New Retro +: UNC II Low (Honorable Mention Wizards III)
Best OG Re-release: Cherry XII (Honorable Mention Playoff XIII)
Best Non-Flagship: Tatum 1
Best PE: Bordeaux XXXVII Low (Bradley Beal)
Best Collab: AMA XII White
Best Womens Release: Seafoam IV
Best Shoetuber: Streetgearnyc
Best Retailer: Hibbett
Worst Retailer: Champs
Worst Colorway: Metallic Silver XIV Low (W) (Honorable Mention Yellow Snakeskin XI Low W)
Worst Quality: Aqua VI
Biggest Dud: Burgundy V
Most Disappointing: Chambray VII
Strangest Release: Craft IV SE (Honorable Mention Frozen Moments IV)
Biggest Troll Job: Olive Concord IX (Honorable Mention: Black Olive VII)
Most Underrated: Cherrywood II Low (Honorable Mention Aqua V)
Shoe that should have released but didn’t: Playoff VII
Shoe your looking forward to most next year: Varsity Red XVII (Honorable Mention Powder Blue IX)
Niketalker of the Year: headdetective (voted Koncrete Kickz last year, Spooonmanofthehour and rainking before that)

Last edited:
Nice. My first car was a 87 Caprice Brougham with chameleon paint... former D boy car I bought in an auction. Kinda miss that car, but I need to get to work on my 72 Buick Electra... if I can stop buying shoes, lol.

Im actually surprised you dont have more shoes, I feel like you cop more than me.

I had to pick n choose between car and shoe hobby back then as well. I'm up to 30 pairs this year and it seems I haven't bought that many.

Let’s actually do some year end Shoe Awards, feel free to add anything. Here’s da category’s:
Best New Retro +: UNC II Low (Honorable Mention Wizards III)
Best OG Re-release: Cherry XII (Honorable Mention Playoff XIII)
Best Non-Flagship: Tatum 1
Best PE: Bordeaux XXXVII Low (Bradley Beal)
Best Collab: AMA XII White
Best Womens Release: Seafoam IV
Best Shoetuber: Streetgearnyc
Best Retailer: Hibbett
Worst Retailer: Champs
Worst Colorway: Metallic Silver XIV Low (W) (Honorable Mention Yellow Snakeskin XI Low W)
Worst Quality: Aqua VI
Biggest Dud: Burgundy V
Most Disappointing: Chambray VII
Strangest Release: Craft IV SE (Honorable Mention Frozen Moments IV)
Biggest Troll Job: Olive Concord IX (Honorable Mention: Black Olive VII)
Most Underrated: Cherrywood II Low (Honorable Mention Aqua V)
Shoe that should have released but didn’t: Playoff VII
Shoe your looking forward to most next year: Varsity Red XVII (Honorable Mention Powder Blue IX)
Niketalker of the Year: headdetective (voted Koncrete Kickz last year, Spooonmanofthehour and rainking before that.
Bleep you!

crying.gif

I think the real test about if you’re really retired is what happens if you get a sudden financial windfall. If you still don’t cop any new kicks then you’re officially out the game.

Selling off the ones I won't wear is the biggest PITA. I refuse to lose money with seller fees and nothing moves on Tradeblock unless you're heavily on the losing end of the deal. 20-25 pairs just waiting to go to a new home.
For this very reason I've ended up give pairs away to my friends kids or students I know. It blows makin all the effort to sell a pair only to make like $50 (most of my pairs are used that I’m tryin to get rid of). I’d rather just get the enjoyment of donating. But that said, I feel you, it’s an incredible PITA. But the talk round here suggests it’s a buyers market these days.

Selling off the ones I won't wear is the biggest PITA. I refuse to lose money with seller fees and nothing moves on Tradeblock unless you're heavily on the losing end of the deal. 20-25 pairs just waiting to go to a new home.
I’ve taken a serious bath on several pairs I paid big money for on eBay.

The most recent example being the AMM 1s, which I let go of for $165.

But at least I can put that money towards something i need more than a pair of shoes that I rarely wear.

Any shoe is worthless if you never wear it imo.

Back
Top Bottom