******** Offseason Moves : Shanahan new HC + McNabb new QB [Training Camp starts July 29]

laugh.gif

Yo you're quick as %*$+ man!
I came in here to break the news.I'm a little shocked right now.I heard talks of trades,but that's been going on for some time now..........I had NO idea he was on the ********' radar (I don't keep up with Football like I used to).
We'll see what comes of this!

Originally Posted by bigtomgetsgwap

I have mixed feelings
ohwell.gif

So do I... I thought with Cerrato gone we would stop playing fantasy football... I hope this works for the skins though

I Don't care what any one says #5 is as good as they come other than Manning you could agure he is the second best in the L.At least we know we will not be 4-12 always be in the game and have a chance to win.I'm way more into the battle royal in the backfield of the over the hill gang.lls.Larry Johnson I think gonna win the job though.My 2 cents happy easter yall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deuce we have been going nowhere for a long time with Jason Campbell..whether it was the constant changing of the systems, or the o-line crashing and burning, he's gotten too many chances already...
I can't say Im not mad at the move...if we had given up a first, then I would have been mad..but essentially we will be trading down or spending the whole draft on our o-line (if we can still snag Okung that would be great)..we basically got McNabb for nothing..if anything, Philly should off themselves from trading within the division..McNabb's right hand man Andy Reid fell for the sentimental bait..that's why this trade was so out of left field..you think McNabb wanted to go to the Raiders? 
laugh.gif

:shrugs:

As a skins fan I have mixed feelings about this move as well, you cant deny that Mcnabb is still one of the elite QBs in the league so all things considered it should be a good look. Now its time for them to address the issues with the O-line and another option to throw the ball to wouldnt hurt either. Best of luck to Campbell wherever he ends up next season, dude got a raw deal in Washington from day one and has handled all the bs like a professional.

Originally Posted by fashionfellanikes

I Don't care what any one says #5 is as good as they come other than Manning you could agure he is the second best in the L.

Shutyoass228rn.gif

2nd in the league come on dude, Brady, Brees, Favre, just to name a few who are better.

anyway im happy, i just hope it doesn't turn out to be like when *insert any big name player the skins pick up past their prime* played for us, but it probably will.

Posted it in the Sports Forum but thought some of you may want to read this too :

Article by Mike Wise

Does anyone believe the Washington ******** are poised to win the Super Bowl next season? What about 2012?

No and no.

If you agree with that assessment and do not live in denial or Ashburn, any well-argued case for acquiring McNabb just went out the window.

Offseason champions again? Offseason champions again.

Daniel Snyder can bring in a new regime. The owner can say he's ceding authority in football decisions to Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen like never before. But the delusion ultimately continues.

They still are in the business of selling hope more than harsh truth, hyperbole more than reality.

The ******** still want their gullible congregation to believe they're one player away from NFL nirvana, and a 33-year-old, 11-year veteran given up by a team in their own division is that player.

Talk about a chip off the old block. Bruce Allen can't just jettison the future with draft picks, go out and acquire an old QB quarterback and genuinely believe it will work; his Dad already did that.

"The Over The Hill Gang," George Allen called them, and they were led by Billy Kilmer and assorted geezers. The difference almost 40 years later is the ******** were 4-12 a year ago, not even close to the precipice. Their quarterback was sacked more times than all but two other quarterbacks in the league. Jason Campbell didn't need a capable offensive lineman at the end of last season; he needed a personal-injury lawyer.

You know where I stand on Campbell. He never had a legitimate shot with a healthy line. Between musical-chair coaches and systems and a mighty-mite receiving corps -- before Fred Davis and Devin Thomas grew up late last year -- Campbell's head was on a swivel.

Last offseason, at the very moment the ******** could have instilled confidence in the first quarterback since Brad Johnson to start and finish a 16-game season in Washington, they treated Campbell as if he was on the practice squad and he smelled bad. At least his job went to a player of real merit; oh, the indignity if the ********' dalliances with Jay Cutler or Mark Sanchez went anywhere last season. (Okay, Sanchez would not have been bad.)

So for all the misguided people who blamed Campbell for the team's misfortunes -- as if McNabb or, hey Joe Montana or John Elway would have taken you to the NFC playoffs behind D'Anthony Batiste and Edwin Williams, take heart: I finally agree with you today:

I'm happy Jason will soon be gone too, if for different reasons.

It means Campbell gets out of NFL purgatory, where at least two things never change:

1) It doesn't matter how much you give to this organization, if you're already on the roster and have carried water for the franchise you'll always be less valuable than the exotic candidate from abroad.

And 2) losing you will be bemoaned within a few years (see Brad Johnson, Ryan Clark and Antonio Pierce). Oh, and Campbell will probably be upright longer wherever he goes.

Also, does anyone have a major problem with making a trade inside your own division, basically asking ******** fans to suddenly fall in love with a guy they found comfort in loathing? This isn't a lineman or a role player; this is the most important position on the field.

And don't start with, "Remember when Sonny came over from the Eagles in '64? How'd that work out?" Sonny Jurgensen came to Washington after just seven years in Philadelphia. His best years were ahead of him. Unless he's channeling Brett Favre, McNabb probably has three quality seasons of signal-calling left. As beloved as he is in parts of Philly, he's also a player who has polarized Eagles fans, who always remind you of his 1-4 mark in NFC championship games.

Sure, he can step right into Shanahan's West Coast offense. Of course this makes it a no-brainer to draft Russell Okung to be the next Chris Samuels at left tackle for 10 years.

Having a future Hall-of-Famer like McNabb is good for the turnstile. He will make people watch, spend money on No. 5 jerseys -- provided Colt Brennan goes back to his No. 15 college number worn by the since-departed Todd Collins -- and he will give people the same hope that is usually taken away by November.

But it seems this is more about not being able to say the word "Rebuild" than anything. They can't let themselves not say, "Reload." Eleven years running, Snyder is still addicted to the idea the ******** are just an extra point away from the Lombardi Trophy, and now McNabb becomes the answer.

He said nice things about Shanahan in his statement after the trade, but is that what he would have said if Minnesota or Arizona dealt for him? McNabb can say this is what he wants as much as he wants but he could have been on the doorstep with at least two franchises, and the ******** weren't one of them.

And if that high second-round pick becomes a running back needed to replace current aging vets in the backfield, this trade hurts them even more.

Bottom line, instead of forward-thinking, instead of drafting and developing a player who could be the ********' quarterback the next 10 years -- Sam Bradford or Jimmy Clausen -- the ******** traded for a player who is past his prime and will turn 34 in November.

The spin: No-brainer. How many times can you acquire a Pro Bowler without giving up a first-round pick, for a guy that already knows your division?

The truth: Andy Reid and the Philadelphia Eagles know Donovan McNabb better than anyone. And they were inexplicably okay with moving him to another team in their own division.

Think about that while you're rushing to the team store for your new jersey.
Like I said over there, completely agree with this man.

Originally Posted by fashionfellanikes

I Don't care what any one says #5 is as good as they come other than Manning you could agure he is the second best in the L.At least we know we will not be 4-12 always be in the game and have a chance to win.I'm way more into the battle royal in the backfield of the over the hill gang.lls.Larry Johnson I think gonna win the job though.My 2 cents happy easter yall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh word?

My-T.

If you think this is a bad move you are crazy. I do however think that we gave up wayyyy to much. This year's second round pick is 37th overall. That could have been a good young qb.

I think this says that we think bradford is going 1st overall. I think if bradford were available we would take him in the first round then take an o-lineman in the second. But now its looking like Okung is the guy or trade down maybe to aquire a 2nd round pick this year or another 3rd.

either way Mcnabb is an extremely talented qb and every year philadelphia is competitive with him at the helm. So i say good job snyder and Allen i am now expecting 7-9 this year and 9-7 playoffs year after.

McNabb, Willie Parker and a 1st Round pick....we are set to win the 2006 Superbowl

Back
Top Bottom