******** Offseason Moves : Shanahan new HC + McNabb new QB [Training Camp starts July 29]

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

Originally Posted by BossPlaya0625

We need some receivers asap

No we don't... we need a damn Outside Linebacker to cover TE. We need a Free Safety to not get beat deep (We should have went after Darren Sharper IMO) and we need a coach who isn't going to be stupid and run a 3-4 defense in the NFC East, forcing your "best" Defensive Lineman to play in a position that diminishes his abilities on the field (He's not a Nose tackle and he never will be)
No I'm Not sold on Shanahan. And I won't be until I see results here, and not think about what he's done.

P.S. Regarding receivers... we shouldn't have cut Marko Mitchell. 
I not a ******* fan, but I always have respect for a Skins fan that doesn't just follow the routine or orders that are being placed on the team or the organization.  Seeing how Haynesworth has been signed up for the long-haul here in DC it makes no sense to install a 3-4 defense that isn't benefiting him or spotty secondary that couldn't cover water if they were asked to.  I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments champ.  Skins fans take note from this guy right here, you dudes need more like this in your crew.  Like you, I'm not sold or on Shanahan either for obvious reasons, but Danny boy had to bring in a big name coach to generate buzz and excitement as he usual does.

No we don't... we need a damn Outside Linebacker to cover TE. We need a Free Safety to not get beat deep (We should have went after Darren Sharper IMO) and we need a coach who isn't going to be stupid and run a 3-4 defense in the NFC East, forcing your "best" Defensive Lineman to play in a position that diminishes his abilities on the field (He's not a Nose tackle and he never will be)
No I'm Not sold on Shanahan. And I won't be until I see results here, and not think about what he's done.

I feel you on the LB and Safety but as far as Haynesworth goes I'd like to atleast see how it works...Even though he is a "4-3 DT" he had like 30 something tackles and 4 sacks and in 12 out of 16 games so he is in no position to question the coaches switching to a "3-4"

Plus they said they'll let him play nose and end

Originally Posted by bigtomgetsgwap

I feel you on the LB and Safety but as far as Haynesworth goes I'd like to atleast see how it works...Even though he is a "4-3 DT" he had like 30 something tackles and 4 sacks and in 12 out of 16 games so he is in no position to question the coaches switching to a "3-4"

Plus they said they'll let him play nose and end

I thought it was Hasslet who was switching us to a 3-4 not Shanahan.

Also haynesworth can suck it.  That man makes 100 MILLION DOLLARS.  If the coach tells you to play wedge on kick returns you do it.  If he says "Albert we need you to play QB" you do it.  He needs to stop wining and play the game.  If he doesn't want to play NT then get off the team.  I still think he is top 3 DT in the NFL but if he is going to complain all day then leave we don't need you.

We def need a linebacker and a safety.

...same. bunch of teams will bid though...i wanted sharper too, but don't blame them for passing whatwith age,recent micrfracture surgery...brian westbrook coming to tryout tommorow/thursday...

Yeah you're right. I know Snyder can outbid most of the teams but i'm not sure that's the route they wanna take this season. I also wanna see if we can get Vincent Jackson if he doesn't sign his tender.

Whats the point of bringing in Westbrook to tryout?

Donovan made this deal happen, but just like your implying, it doesn't really make since with 3 running backs already on the roster.  I guess Mcnabb wants somebody that he's already comfortable with, not to mention that Westbrook got cut by the Eagles so Mcnabb is just helping Westbrook find a job.

I don't have a problem with them bringing in Westbrook. One of the few Shanahan decisions I like so far is making the starting RB job up for grabs (Sits on stand by waiting for Larry Johnson, Willy Parker and PJ Hill to all outdo Portis so I can burn his jersey). If they sign Westbrook it will only be for a deal similar to that of Willy Parker's (signed for just above the minimum, contracts heavy with incentives).

Marko Mitchell is the best WR the ******** have drafted in the last three years because he was more pro ready than Thomas and Kelly.
- Tell me I'm trippin...

The whole "You do what your coach tells you" argument I get. But this is what you have to understand. What Haslett/ Shanahan are basically saying is that "My system works regardless of the players in it so the players have to adjust." That's the same BS mentality that got Greg Williams sent out of here. Sure he won a ring last year, but name me a primetime player on that defense other than Sharper? (Don't worry, I'll wait).

When you sign a Defensive Tackle for 100 million dollars, you implement a system that brings the best out of that player to get a 100% return on your investment. Having him play the Nose = taking on three blockers = Making our defensive line weaker in a division where stopping the run is more important than stopping the pass. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Skins fan to the core. I have been for all 21 years of my life, but I'm also a realist. Shanahan can't coach the ******** like he's still coaching in the AFC West. Especially on the defensive side of the ball.

Like I said, I hope everything works out, cause I'd hate to be a pissed off fan this time next off season saying "I told y'all so"

Like I said, I hope everything works out, cause I'd hate to be a pissed off fan this time next off season saying "I told y'all so"
You ain't used to that by now.

I've been a die-hard -- by force, not choice, lol -- since birth, but it is what it is since Synder took over...

I respect his business savvy -- we are still one of the most profitable teams in sports, bar NONE, even with .500 or less teams -- but.....
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

You ain't used to that by now.

I've been a die-hard -- by force, not choice, lol -- since birth, but it is what it is since Synder took over...

I respect his business savvy -- we are still one of the most profitable teams in sports, bar NONE, even with .500 or less teams -- but.....
eyes.gif

I feel you. Its not something you should get used to. Getting used to that is almost as bad as being a Cleveland Sports fan and being used to what happens to them...
And honestly, *!@ is profit when your team doesn't meet expectations?

Meh, it's nothing...if he cheated...suspend him, cut him, whatever... but he'll always be $ in my book for the Monday Night Miracle in 05.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Meh, it's nothing...if he cheated...suspend him, cut him, whatever... but he'll always be $ in my book for the Monday Night Miracle in 05.
laugh.gif

I was just going to say, as far as the Monday night game in Dallas goes back in '05, especially since he got the game winning passes...........*

You would
roll.gif
... as far as I'm concerned, he started using that stuff the offseason Lloyd came to camp "Bulked up"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheGift23

You would
roll.gif
... as far as I'm concerned, he started using that stuff the offseason Lloyd came to camp "Bulked up"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Actually, I can't even take that victory away from your squad, you guys fought hard at the end to get that W.  We'll see if the Skins put up a good fight for that first game on Sunday night this year though.  

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Santana Moss=*

You should be more concerned with the fued going on betweetn to Urrea natives out West. Did you hear about Darnell Dockett and Vernon Davis beefing?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/19/vernon-davis-darnell-dockett-do-battle-on-twitter/
I didn't hear about this beef, so thanks for bringing this to light for me.  No need for me to worry me though champ, my team is in good order and Vernon Davis aint to be messed with.  We will show it when we win the NFC West this year.  If anything EVERYBODY needs to be worried about the Skins and their widespread player use of performing enhancing drugs, they bring the image of the league down.  Even with the use of drugs they still couldn't beat the Detroit Lions last year.........
roll.gif
roll.gif

Santana Moss=*

You should be more concerned with the fued going on betweetn to Urrea natives out West. Did you hear about Darnell Dockett and Vernon Davis beefing?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/19/vernon-davis-darnell-dockett-do-battle-on-twitter/
I didn't hear about this beef, so thanks for bringing this to light for me.  No need for me to worry me though champ, my team is in good order and Vernon Davis aint to be messed with.  We will show it when we win the NFC West this year.  If anything EVERYBODY needs to be worried about the Skins and their widespread player use of performing enhancing drugs, they bring the image of the league down.  Even with the use of drugs they still couldn't beat the Detroit Lions last year.........
roll.gif
roll.gif

Remember, its still alleged drug use. And IF he did use HGH, he wouldn't have had the injury issues he's had for the last three seasons. Just doesn't add up.
AND There has only been one player named, no one said anything about Widespread drug use... Its not like its the mid 90s where teammates used to have group lines of coke on tables in the locker room. *cough* Dallas *cough*

Santana Moss=*

roll.gif
roll.gif

Remember, its still alleged drug use. And IF he did use HGH, he wouldn't have had the injury issues he's had for the last three seasons. Just doesn't add up.
AND There has only been one player named, no one said anything about Widespread drug use... Its not like its the mid 90s where teammates used to have group lines of coke on tables in the locker room. *cough* Dallas *cough*

I know I was just playing with you, especially the part about the widespread drug use.  However, one thing remains the same though, they still couldn't beat the Detroit Lions last year
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom