******** Offseason Moves : Shanahan new HC + McNabb new QB [Training Camp starts July 29]

^^^ yeah youre right, theres a new regime in town so I have to trust they made the right decision. No diss to Williams but I feel Okung is more NFL ready now. Williams definently has an upside though because many considered him the most athletic OT in the draft, hopefully with the right grooming he turns out good. Hopefully we can make a move tonight to get an get an earlier pick, theres still a lot of talent left.

BTW Am I the only Skins fan that literally got sick when Dez Bryant fell into the Cowboys lap?

Originally Posted by BossPlaya0625

^^^ yeah youre right, theres a new regime in town so I have to trust they made the right decision. No diss to Williams but I feel Okung is more NFL ready now. Williams definently has an upside though because many considered him the most athletic OT in the draft, hopefully with the right grooming he turns out good. Hopefully we can make a move tonight to get an get an earlier pick, theres still a lot of talent left.

BTW Am I the only Skins fan that literally got sick when Dez Bryant fell into the Cowboys lap?
Nah, those bastards got an excellent pick at that spot with the potential to add a safety most of their fans out there want with a pick today.

God I hope from now on we hang on to our picks because it's no fun to watch while others get younger. 

^^ Yeah picks are crucial, its kinda embarassing having the fewest amount of picks when we were one of the worst teams in the league last year. Besides Mcnabb we really don't have anything to show for it either. Lets hope we can make a deal to at least move up a round.

They sent Campbell to Oakland
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
.. I knew it was going to happen when I saw Carolina pick up Clausen.

Oakland got like 5 QBs but really his only competition is Gradkwoski. Again, best wishes to Campbell. Hope he gets the starting job and hope I can catch at least one of the games somehow.

^I don't mind Campbell going to the Raiders..he deserves another shot somewhere else..he's taken all of the criticism here like a man and was professional about everything..

his stats improved every year he was here..that 6-2 start we had a couple of years back was no fluke..everything just happened to go down in flames after that
smh.gif
smh.gif

good luck to him.....HOWEVERRR...that 4th round pick in 2012
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I feel like we should have just kept Jason for that pick. And oakland really isn't a better look for him but I hope he does well, I'll follow them because I still believe he has talent and want him to prove me right

No chance we could of kept Jason...

A. He was owed 3 mil that we was not going to see.
B. He didn't deserve to be humilated more here and stay as a back. Basically it was that 4th rounder or a flat out release and we get nothing.

On another note, what a bunch of freaking sheep in our fanbase
laugh.gif
smh.gif
:

Aside from the extreme confidence displayed by Mike Shanahan and DeAngelo Hall on Saturday, my biggest takeaway from the FedEx Field draft party was this: D.C. has a bad case of McNabb fever. Even while Colt Brennan's No. 5 jerseys went on sale for 11 bucks in the bargain aisle, there were No. 5 burgundy and gold McNabb jerseys on all sorts of torsos: black and white, male and female, young and old, long-haired and short, skinny and fatty.
This, bear in mind, is mere weeks after his arrival. Imagine what the crowd will look like in September, after several more months of birthday presents, shopping sprees, and realizations that many of your most popular Skins jerseys (Campbell, Smoot, Randle El, Griffin, Samuels) are no longer operational. You have to figure McNabb will have the top-selling Skins jersey next season, finally displacing Chris Cooley from that spot.
He might have been a hated rival in the very recent past, but he's already on his way to becoming the face of the franchise, at least judging by these backs.

Link

...and I remember seeing alot of people with Jason Taylor, Shaun Alexander, Mark Brunell
alien.gif
jerseys on at FedEx in the past few years.

Like Damn it, especially for McNabb, wait for these dudes to win something.

Orakpo, Portis, Cooley I can understand, they've proven themselves while with the team, but come on now.

Sad.When will these people learn not to jump on bandwagons when the wheels ain't even arrived yet.

Maybe it's "Kev the fan" about to speak here, but...

In the words of Jay, "Wha We Talkin' 'Bout????"

SPORTS.

I mean damn, McNabb is the best QB in this city since Mark R. was in Super Bowl glory.  Fans invest in hope, reason why jerseys SELL.

Jordan's Wizards jersey was the #1 pre-order before he officially stepped in Verizon as the starting SF. 

Heellllloooo!

If the Wizards find a way to snag Turner from Ohio State, you think I'm not gonna find a pro-cut ASAP?

Bammas.

So quick to just jump because its the Skins.

It's Sports and its fans.

Psht.

...and Dan loves that speech.
laugh.gif

You're right, to each his own...you would think that people would take caution though after the decade that just happened. *Shrug*

Have you guys seen the footage for the undrafted TE we signed out of UCLA, his blocking as a TE is phenomenal.

Yeah, but let's hope that translates in the pros...he's already been tabbed as Seller's replacement down the road so I hope for the best.

The draft was pretty good and I'm amazed Capers fell to the 7th after Kiper and Co had him go early in many early mock drafts, only picked that I didn't like was the WR.

: (
Damn Eyes.............you ain't have to say it like that G.Now I feel all bad and **%@.I guess I was just speaking from that angry fan I used to be years ago.I just said to hell with the Skins during the (Lord please have mercy upon thy soul for speaking this man's name) Tony Banks era.You're right though,they do have to sell jerseys and tickets and whatnot so I guess that selling that "hope" is a necessary evil.I've been hearing "SUPER BOWL!!!!!" from the mouths of some fans and i'm just like (-_-) the season hasn't even started yet so sit your $!$ down and WAIT to see what unfolds DURING the season dammit!I have a TON of respect for McNabb and I hope that he and this new regime can give the fans what they deserve.

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

...Tony Banks era.  
That's erased out of my mind.

When did that happen?

I don't recall.

smh.gif

#5 ain't been a good look with the ******** either the last 20 years, but, that's erased too.................

laugh.gif
It's funny you say that.On the VERY RARE occasion I do bring up Ton................ that man,cats be like "oh damn man........I forgot all about him".
laugh.gif

...Tony Banks era. 

laugh.gif
 I forgot all about Tony Banks playing for the Skins.  Man, Skins really have had a bad string of QB's for quite some time.  Hope things turn around for you dudes.

^^^^^^

Season(s)↓ Quarterback(s)↓
2009 Alex Smith (10) / Shaun Hill (6)
2008 Shaun Hill (
glasses.gif
/ J.T. O'Sullivan (
glasses.gif

2007 Alex Smith (7) / Trent Dilfer (6) / Shaun Hill (2) / Chris Weinke (1)
2006 Alex Smith (16)
2005 Alex Smith (7) / Tim Rattay (4) / Ken Dorsey (3) / Cody Pickett (2)
2004 Tim Rattay (9) / Ken Dorsey (7)
2003 Jeff Garcia (13) / Tim Rattay (3)

smh.gif

Originally Posted by TheGhostofCharlesOakley

^^^^^^

Season(s)↓ Quarterback(s)↓
2009 Alex Smith (10) / Shaun Hill (6)
2008 Shaun Hill (
glasses.gif
/ J.T. O'Sullivan (
glasses.gif

2007 Alex Smith (7) / Trent Dilfer (6) / Shaun Hill (2) / Chris Weinke (1)
2006 Alex Smith (16)
2005 Alex Smith (7) / Tim Rattay (4) / Ken Dorsey (3) / Cody Pickett (2)
2004 Tim Rattay (9) / Ken Dorsey (7)
2003 Jeff Garcia (13) / Tim Rattay (3)

smh.gif

I'd take Jeff Garcia and Shaun Hill over just about any quarterback the Skins have had in recent years.

I cant wait until the season starts, i also was surprised we didnt take okung but like The gift said, its mike and he only knows everything about football so im excited to see what all these picks and signed free agents do for the team come september. Im not screaming super bowl like some of my skin peers but im extremely optimistic of what is about to come with a former rivals quarterback, its going to be so sweet beating those eagles, and the only thing i would love more than to get to the superbowl in the cowbitches stadium with a former eagles quarterback (we are just missing the giants element to make this a triple whammy) would be to kill the cowbitches in all meetings. Hail to the skins!

Originally Posted by BossPlaya0625

We need some receivers asap

No we don't... we need a damn Outside Linebacker to cover TE. We need a Free Safety to not get beat deep (We should have went after Darren Sharper IMO) and we need a coach who isn't going to be stupid and run a 3-4 defense in the NFC East, forcing your "best" Defensive Lineman to play in a position that diminishes his abilities on the field (He's not a Nose tackle and he never will be)
No I'm Not sold on Shanahan. And I won't be until I see results here, and not think about what he's done.

P.S. Regarding receivers... we shouldn't have cut Marko Mitchell. 

Back
Top Bottom