[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
dwight is not the best center in the league bar none. he is definitely top 3-4, and arguably number 1, but hes not the definite number 1 best center in the league. dude cant even make a freethrow and he only has one freaking post move. there are top 3 centers in the league who consistently make mid range jumpers, have more than one post move, and can hit a freaking freethrow

Tim Duncan comes to mind. BANK!

I liked Ariza. LAL should get him back if he's a FA
THIS

they could potentially bring back lik 4 guys from 09 championship team haha. 

all free agents

1.ariza

2.lamar

3.sasha

4.jordan farmar

throw in matt barnes and we have a really good looking bench.  but we're just dreaming now.

One post move?? Whats that? That 2 foot left hand jump hook?

And fwiw, essential, dorrell wright aint comin to la...no webster, no wright. :frown:

So much for young/athletic wings.

the lakers priorities are signing Howard and giving him a tv show

I don't think they wanna spend for than the minimum on any role players

if they do not get any decent role players they will be out in the first or second round again or might not even make the playoffs cause of nash and kobe being old and injured

dwight is not the best center in the league bar none. he is definitely top 3-4, and arguably number 1, but hes not the definite number 1 best center in the league. dude cant even make a freethrow and he only has one freaking post move. there are top 3 centers in the league who consistently make mid range jumpers, have more than one post move, and can hit a freaking freethrow
You had to be high when you posted this.

Crazy how lakeshow aint sign nobody yet wtf is going on....

If I was a free agent I would not sign with the Lakers until I knew what the roster was going to be like
it is not like the Lakers are gonna be paying good money to free agents in the first place

the whole thing is a mess
the front office is a mess

Once they figure out what dwight is gonna do, they'll make the finishing off season moves.

You guys really want Mitch to go out and get Earl clark, Garcia, and delfino right now?

whats the difference between now and after dwight decides?

Earl may leave, but we saw last time what happened when an emerging talent left la. He was buns. ala trevor ariza.

Goddamn some of you are the absolute worst.

Breathe, Friday we'll know.

If Dwight stays, Mich probably already has offers lined up for a few players,

same scenario if Dwight leaves.

MItch is the best in the business, sit back and relax. 

In the end, this is Los angeles, we'll be down, maybe 3-4 years, but we'll always be back at the top.

and in this case it won't even be 3-4 years. 2014 we have cap space. and 2015 theres also big names. Russy is a free agent in i believe 2016, 

Breathe guys.. Breathe. 

The future of the Lakers is 2014.

2014 is the future of the Lakers.

The entire franchise is set up for 2014.

2014 is more important than any move this offseason, Howard included.

2014 has been the goal for past 3 years.

THIS IS NOOOOOOOOOOT NEW. This has been known. BEEN known.

All of you struggling with this, please get up to date. Signing middling pieces here or there do nothing but clog up the true goal.

Again, with or without Dwight, 2014 is the start of our next generation.

Once they figure out what dwight is gonna do, they'll make the finishing off season moves.

You guys really want Mitch to go out and get Earl clark, Garcia, and delfino right now?

Earl may leave, but we saw last time what happened when an emerging talent left la. He was buns. ala trevor ariza.

In the end, this is Los angeles, we'll be down, maybe 3-4 years, but we'll always be back at the top.

and in this case it won't even be 3-4 years. 2014 we have cap space. and 2015 theres also big names. Russy is a free agent in i believe 2016, 

Breathe guys.. Breathe. 

Just imagine Vin saying "This is LOS ANGELES!" instead of Brazil :lol:

Last edited:

Breathe guys.. Breathe. 

PREACH!!

So in 2013 we play to get Wiggins?
Pretty sure before leaving Stern will give us the #1 pick overall, part of him feels guilty for blocking the CP3 trade.

Howard leaves
Gasol off the books
Nash is bought out
Kobe sits out 2013
Blake retires

Draft Wiggins
Sign Love
Kobe will be back

Am i missing anything?

LAKERS!

Last edited:
The future of the Lakers is 2014.

2014 is the future of the Lakers.

The entire franchise is set up for 2014.

2014 is more important than any move this offseason, Howard included.

2014 has been the goal for past 3 years.

THIS IS NOOOOOOOOOOT NEW. This has been known. BEEN known.

All of you struggling with this, please get up to date. Signing middling pieces here or there do nothing but clog up the true goal.

Again, with or without Dwight, 2014 is the start of our next generation.

2014 is all about LeBron and LeBron only. No Dwight Howard on the team, no chance LeBron comes to play for L.A.

The other free-agents like Bosh, Wade, Melo, etc - I highly doubt the Lakers would want to make offers to. 2014 Free Agency isn't all it's cracked up to be.

2014 is Bron first, but secondly and just as important is the flexibility.

Agree, don't have to be about Wade, Bosh etc. But we are then primed to offer at or be involved in sign/trades, target guys like KLove, Rondo, Durant in 2016, things you can't do in salary hell.

We haven't had "cap space" since.........pre Shaq days? I suppose the Kwame/Smush days, but that was still an expensive team.

Bottom line, we'd be safely back under cap with money to spend on any free agent we want, starting in 12 months.

Look at Houston last year. NO ONE knew or expected Harden to be available that soon. Houston had space and was able to get him. Then build from there.

We will have more cap space, but with fewer assets/picks to work with. So we'll need to be wise in our free agent signings.

Grandbike, yes, Nash is only player set for 2014 at 9 mil. He will probably retire, but if he doesn't we can stretch him, trade him, etc. Even still, 9 in a 60 mil cap for just one last year is nothing.
And no, I am not even close to as old as Nash you clowns. :lol:

When Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant spoke to Dwight Howard on Tuesday, his words to the free-agent center resounded an unmistakable and unflinching message: Let me teach you how to be a champion.

Kobe Bryant, left, was part of the Lakers' contingent that met with Dwight Howard on Tuesday. (AP)"You need to learn how it's done first, and I can teach you here," Bryant told Howard during the Lakers' presentation, witnesses in the room described to Yahoo! Sports.

Bryant didn't come to Howard's recruitment meeting in Beverly Hills to appease him, but to challenge Howard to stay and embrace the burden of the franchise's culture and embrace Bryant's demanding disposition. Bryant invoked Michael Jordan's hard-driving ways as his blueprint, and how it pushed the Chicago Bulls to six titles.

Bryant, a five-time NBA champion, insisted he wouldn't retreat in pushing Howard every day, that as much as the Lakers needed Howard, Howard needed Bryant and the Lakers, too.

"You have to learn how it's done," Bryant told Howard, witnesses described. "I know how to do it and I've learned from the best – players who have won multiple times over and over."

"Instead of trying to do things your way, just listen and learn and tweak it, so it fits you," Bryant told him.

Howard has retreated to Colorado for a few days, surrounded by representatives, to make a decision on his future. The Lakers are fighting frontrunner Houston, Dallas, Atlanta and Golden State to sign him.

At times in the 2012-13 season, Bryant and Howard clashed over decidedly different day-to-day approaches to the game. Away from the floor, Howard's lighthearted tomfoolery clashed with Bryant's relentlessly serious-minded way. Bryant is rehabilitating a torn Achilles, but is expected to be back early in the Lakers season.

Before the Lakers ever traded for Howard a year ago, each player had reservations about playing together, about how they would blend. As the Lakers struggled, the construction of a relationship was clearly strained, but there were times when they found common ground.

If this was goodbye between them on Tuesday, Bryant had gone out the way he had come into a relationship with Howard: telling him his basketball truths, his beliefs, his way.

"You have to learn how it's done," Bryant told Dwight Howard on the way out of the Lakers, or maybe the way back into them.

Only now, Dwight Howard gets the final word.

Kobe. :smokin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom