[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kobe said "too much". Too real for Dwight, he doesn't like to be depended on.

He should have just given him a Lakers Teddy Bear and played on the ping pong table with him. That would have been more helpful.

If he does, then he can get the **** out.

You don't like what Kobe says? You can go play with James Harden, aka the dude who looked like Lebron kidnapped his family and told him to throw games in the Finals.

I won't get into the psychological aspect too much.. I know dudes like Dwight, I deal with them daily.. It's not weak-mindedness. It is a lack of something. Could be a number of different ranges of things.

With how Dwight has been ridiculed over the past 2 years, I think he knows where he is at.. At the very best he realizes what any sane person has already realized "Kobe needs Dwight, but Dwight needs Kobe as well."

Last edited:
Kobe kept it real with D12. If he leaves after a talk like that, we didn't need him anyway. I'm all for D12 doing his due diligence but Kobe is right. 

Very happy Kobe took that approach in the meeting.

It's neither kissing *** or being fake like I thought it would be. It's motivational real talk.

Like some have said, maybe too real from Kobe for Dwight's tastes... But at least Kobe went hard and left it all out there on the table. One last positive challenge presented to Dwight on overcoming the bs and learning how to be a champion.

Now I'm intrigued on what Dwight's response will be.

If we stay we'll know that challenge made a positive impact on Dwight and he wants to challenge himself to be better.

If he leaves...well, it'll just be confirmed to everyone he ain't about that purple and gold life and he never was.

We'll see in a few days...hopefully.

Last edited:
"I'm very excited to play for Coach Adelman, the City of Houston, I'm gonna give them all I have, leave it all on the court, and just try to have fun and move on"

Classic Dwight....

Kevin Mchale coaches the rockets.

Adelman coaches the wolves.

Now I'm intrigued on what Dwight's response will be.

"I'm very excited to play for Coach Adelman, the City of Houston, I'm gonna give them all I have, leave it all on the court, and just try to have fun and move on"

Classic Dwight....

That's what I'm expecting (as you know by now).

But I'll try and stay a "little" optimistic that Kobe's challenge may have actually had a positive impact on Dwight staying.

Maybe just a little...

Tryna be positive for you guys.

*kanye shrug*

Maaaan I know anybody that is talented enough and worked hard enough to get to the NBA has
some right to have an ego ...especially if you're a superstar and have carried a franchise in your
own right. I mean that's what makes you get to that level, the ultra belief in yourself.

But if D12 can't just realize what position he is in with being next up to run the franchise and
learn how to be great from one of the TOP 5 EVER to play this game, then he is forever a lost soul.
Like I think sometimes people forget how amazing it is that Kobe has cemented himself being
in the TOP 5 ever ...like honestly when was the last year he wasn't putting his will on cats??

I don't no why it's so hard for him to comprehend this ...it's like if I wanna become the best doctor
in the world I am going to the best school (Lakers) and learning from the best doctor (Kobe).
You wanna win championships weeeeell you just so happen to be with the team that has the close to the most
and the player that has the most in the L and are gonna pay you the most

Smarten up dude. Rant Over.

u gotta crawl before you can fly 
wink.gif
 the ultimate challenge from kobe

2014 is Bron first, but secondly and just as important is the flexibility.

Agree, don't have to be about Wade, Bosh etc. But we are then primed to offer at or be involved in sign/trades, target guys like KLove, Rondo, Durant in 2016, things you can't do in salary hell.

We haven't had "cap space" since.........pre Shaq days? I suppose the Kwame/Smush days, but that was still an expensive team.

Bottom line, we'd be safely back under cap with money to spend on any free agent we want, starting in 12 months.

Look at Houston last year. NO ONE knew or expected Harden to be available that soon. Houston had space and was able to get him. Then build from there.

We will have more cap space, but with fewer assets/picks to work with. So we'll need to be wise in our free agent signings.

Grandbike, yes, Nash is only player set for 2014 at 9 mil. He will probably retire, but if he doesn't we can stretch him, trade him, etc. Even still, 9 in a 60 mil cap for just one last year is nothing.
And no, I am not even close to as old as Nash you clowns. :lol:

Oh okay, I thought you meant summer of 2014 was going to be the "reloading" year from free agents.

Now I know what you mean, it's the beginning of a new era going forward. I'd agree.

Damn they took down the banners? Dont that mean he told them hes gone then? He prolly notifying teams each day lol

They were always scheduled to be taken down today.

It makes sense they'd take them down soon after he finished all his meetings. It would just add embarrassment for him to announce a different team and those banners still hanging there for people to ridicule

. At the very best he realizes what any sane person has already realized "Kobe needs Dwight, but Dwight needs Kobe as well."

Kobe and Shaquille realized this too late, and if they had it to do over I'm almost certain they'd chose the other way. :/

Egos got in the way...

Player #12 is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom