[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong with being bad , just gotta be realistic about it.

The problem is talking about tanking, that's honestly disgusting if they're serious about it. Being a fan is wanting your team to do well, not lose 82 games so we can MAYBE get a good draft pick for an under developed one and done player who turns out a bust majority of the time.

Nobody is challenging your fanhood if you think this roster stinks and we won't make the playoffs, but if u seriously want Kobe to sit out an entire season if he's healthy and the team to blow it up and lose as many games as possible for a good draft pick your fanhood should be definitely questioned or maybe revoked... :lol: or at least suspended or something.

I'm perfectly fine with making the playoffs as a 5 seed and giving it a shot, we don't always need to be the favorites for things to fall in place.

Mitch needs to focus on getting a new coach I would prefer SVG I don't want a college coach. We also need to improve our scouting department.

The FO hinging everything on Dwight is bigger than them not resigning him. Good role players have gone elsewhere or stayed. They should have gotten his answer early instead of coddling him. I'm not a proponent of making a big signing now contract wise. See what they can get on the cheap and just move on.

Basketball reasons is one of the biggest sports crimes in a long time. Will potentially devastate the league's marquee franchise if they can't recover in 2014.

Screw it. Bring in Collison for mmle..bring back CDR and Glock..jj hickson for vets min...aint much else worth mentioning on the fa market (thats affordable).

The FO hinging everything on Dwight is bigger than them not resigning him. Good role players have gone elsewhere or stayed. They should have gotten his answer early instead of coddling him. I'm not a proponent of making a big signing now contract wise. See what they can get on the cheap and just move on.

Basketball reasons is one of the biggest sports crimes in a long time. Will potentially devastate the league's marquee franchise if they can't recover in 2014.

Exactly how I feel from top to bottom. Plus, I realize that we're setting up for 2014 but no one is lining up to play with 3 aging stars, one who is out indefinitely. This new breed of players either feels entitled to win or simply wants to cut a paycheck.

This is a young man's league now and the Lakers are still old.

and the fact is we have the black mamba. we are good to go. trust me, im a doctor

Yeah an old *** Black Mamba. I'm one of the biggest Kobe fans around but I'm not stupid. Kobe at his age can only carry this team so far. I'll be tuning in to watch regardless of the outcome though.

kobe is cut from a different fabric than the rest. hes got the blood of african lions and the heart of 300 spartan warriors preparing to battle a persian army of a million. pray for the bear, my friend, pray for the bear.

but on a serious note, every year kobe is too old. im getting sick of hearing that. kobe isnt too old. nash is too old. stop saying kobe is too old cause u know he still looks like and plays like an athletic freak. they said kobe was too old this yr but did u see him play? yeah, hes too old right? lol

This is ridiculous. Nobody beats father time.....NOBODY.

Can kobe still be effective? Absolutely, but it's not wise to keep throwing his age to the side, especially coming off a major injury.

and the fact is we have the black mamba. we are good to go. trust me, im a doctor
Yeah an old *** Black Mamba. I'm one of the biggest Kobe fans around but I'm not stupid. Kobe at his age can only carry this team so far. I'll be tuning in to watch regardless of the outcome though.

kobe is cut from a different fabric than the rest. hes got the blood of african lions and the heart of 300 spartan warriors preparing to battle a persian army of a million. pray for the bear, my friend, pray for the bear.

but on a serious note, every year kobe is too old. im getting sick of hearing that. kobe isnt too old. nash is too old. stop saying kobe is too old cause u know he still looks like and plays like an athletic freak. they said kobe was too old this yr but did u see him play? yeah, hes too old right? lol
This is ridiculous. Nobody beats father time.....NOBODY.

Can kobe still be effective? Absolutely, but it's not wise to keep throwing his age to the side, especially coming off a major injury.
w/e bro. you just watch

*edit* nevermind, its an old photo ()

love the sulking in here, though. definitely giving me a good chuckle.

Last edited:
Man ya'll all over the place in here. :lol: :smh:

Mitch needs to focus on getting a new coach

This should be priority #1.

I'm not mad at all dude left. We are better off in the long run w/o Dwight. He's not the type of player that lead a team to championships, he can be a piece but not THE guy. Now we can start over and see what happens in 2014. For now they need to get rid of this coach and get somebody that lead us in the future instead of going through a season with D'Antoni on the hot seat.

Last edited:
:lol: just read that Dwight has and early OPT out for 2015-2016...

Let the Dwightmare begin.

I'm over all this man, we'll pick up whoever is available for the right price and we'll take it from there.

Whoever is on the roster come opening night, better be ready to go to war. I'm not gonna whine, cry or beg for no damn Chip or a playoff push this season, I'm aware of our rich winning history and such, but lets face it, a teams time comes and goes. We'll get back to all that is glory eventually. For this upcoming season, though, we just gotta go out there and compete man, I'll worry about the 2014-15 stuff when the time comes.

Edit: My thoughts on Dwight. I'm gonna be honest, dude is a competitor, but he's not a winner. He's proved that in the finals and last season playing for one of the greatest franchises in sports - just my opinion. Good luck in Houston and I hope that any and every player that plays them attacks the paint with the power of a thousands lions and absolutely JAMS on that dude.

Last edited:
[quote name="Th3RealF0lkBlu3s"][quote name="CoupeIt88"]*Cough *Cough

You forgot or deliberately left my name out when you were actually the only one attacking me for saying this a year ago. I expect a congratulations as well and an apology for saying I had an "agenda".[/quote]You know what's funny? When I wrote Deuce, I actually meant to write your name. Honest, I meant for you to be the first user to mention.

Coupe, you were right and I was wrong. But **** your apology, you're not getting one.[/quote]

So once Dantoni in inevitably let go, what do ya'll favor, an established coach, or sort of similar to the approach Boston took?

Josh Smith just signed with the Pistons 
laugh.gif

I swear i remember Essential was so confident about Howard was going to resign. :lol:

I hope he didn't make any bet along the way with dude like Coupeltt.

But anyway. As far as D12. What a joke. 3 teams in 3 years. Dude shown his true self once again. If dude doesn't win a ring with Houston he'll forever be known as a loser joker. The only way he can repair his image now is to win a championship with Houston asap or gm/media will never treat him the same and he won't get another big contract.

I'm actually glad D wack is off the team. I was never a fan of dude anyway. At least now we can say that the rental didn't work out. Now it's Houston turn to experience it lol.

As far as this upcoming season. I don't think the team should tank it. They wont do a better job of tanking than the Kings anyway lol. Not to mention god awful teams like Detroit, Bobcats, Raptors etc are also trying to tank.

There's still a lot of room and time to add complementing pieces to the core of Pau, Kobe and Nash.
Jordan Hill is still here. He can still give us boards and block shots. Mitch need to replica the team into the 2010 team. Get Nate Robinson or Montay Ellis if they can. I wonder if they can get Shannon Brown, Ears, Vujacic, Lamar Odom etc back too. Also need to get Kenyon Martin before he sign with the Heat.

Last edited:
Face it folks, if you ain't winning it all, the last thing you want to do is mid level your finish.

I'm not saying tank, now, today. BUT, if it doesn't look good early, you pull the plug. You flip what you can and acquire assets.

This draft has a ton of talent. Be it #1, 4, 7 you're gonna get a key piece. Misguided attempts at glory that net you the 14th pick is even more crippling than missing out on Dwight. A top 5ish type pick can be a superstar caliber young player for four years at less than ten million dollars. Dwight costs 90 mil in those same four years.

It's the same principle of me clamoring for Klay/Barnes.

We'll have money to buy free agent building blocks soon, but having one player be a tremendous young player with youth and upside costing just a fraction is a HUGE asset.

You guys need to start thinking about that. Stop pressing for the 8 seed and a chance to get knocked out in round one again. You either have a roster that can win it all (we don't) or you position yourself for an extremely valuable asset.

Understand that.

:lol: just read that Dwight has and early OPT out for 2015-2016...

Let the Dwightmare begin.

Dwight seems like a dude that will find something to whine about wherever he goes.

He'll laugh, be all smiles, talk about having fun in Houston and how he can't wait to play. He'll be all smiles and giggles early next season because he's having fun and being liked but once the Houston honeymoon period wears off I could see him having issues with mchale, lack of chemistry with harden, not feeling he's the main guy, if he disappears in the playoffs being bothered with being in Hakeem's shadow.

He's acted like a baby for 2 franchises and said all the right things during the honeymoon period with the lakers. Lets see how Dwight Howard is acting in about a year from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom