[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
CP is right, tanking isn't something the team will be working towards... but it'll probably happen anyway.

Shaq said Howard made the "safe" move going to Houston, a "little town". I realize people from Houston want to talk about being a major city, but the rest of the country doesn't see you that way.

Houston is a growing city. But when people go on vacation, or tourists think of where They wanna visit in America they think new york, los Angeles,Chicago, Miam, san Diego, las vegas.
not houston, Texas.

:lol:

Last edited:
Asik has a ****** up contract just like Lin. They increase like crazy the third year. I wouldn't take them in a sign and trade, because they hurt your flexibility. if Atlanta does it, they're stupid. They did the contracts that way so New York and Chicago couldn't match them.

and of course Atlanta didn't want them and he goes to Detroit :lol:

Nothing wrong with being bad , just gotta be realistic about it.

The problem is talking about tanking, that's honestly disgusting if they're serious about it. Being a fan is wanting your team to do well, not lose 82 games so we can MAYBE get a good draft pick for an under developed one and done player who turns out a bust majority of the time.

Nobody is challenging your fanhood if you think this roster stinks and we won't make the playoffs, but if u seriously want Kobe to sit out an entire season if he's healthy and the team to blow it up and lose as many games as possible for a good draft pick your fanhood should be definitely questioned or maybe revoked... :lol: or at least suspended or something.

I'm perfectly fine with making the playoffs as a 5 seed and giving it a shot, we don't always need to be the favorites for things to fall in place.

Wiggins is good, but he isn't Lebron or Duncan. There's no reason to tank, besides look at what it got Boston when they wanted Tim.

Were going to be a bad team.
That's different from purposely tanking.

The Utah Jazz are tanking.
And they're doing it very smartly.

We aren't tanking.
We just have a bad team because of bad planning by our owner.

We won't have a great record, but it won't be for lack of effort.

We will win at least 30 games. At least, which isn't even that bold of a prediction.

But that won't be good, or should I say "bad" enough for a top 10 pick.

Wiggins is good, but he isn't Lebron or Duncan. There's no reason to tank, besides look at what it got Boston when they wanted Tim.
A lot of people are drawing comparison of him to Tmac.  He may not be a Lebron, but he is a very skilled player with awesome athleticism.

I've seen Wiggins play several times. Wiggins isn't TMac, because TMac in his prime could handle the ball and do it all(even play defense when he wanted too). Like Lebron, but without 40lbs and amazing speed. Wiggins needs to get better with the basketball and improve his shot.

I've seen Wiggins play several times. Wiggins isn't TMac, because TMac in his prime could handle the ball and do it all(even play defense when he wanted too). Like Lebron, but without 40lbs and amazing speed. Wiggins needs to get better with the basketball and improve his shot.
Agreed.  His release is a little funky still but there are times when the dude dunks and his head is above the rim.  I don't think his handles are too bad, but his release almost seems like it has a little hitch in it right before he releases the ball.  Nothing college wont fix though.

Any good point guard in that draft? I am hoping for a good young point guard to orchestrate this team, kinda like a Magic J reincarnation. We have cap space on '14 and for sure we would be able to get some good names *hopefully*, now say we get Wiggins, I don't think he would be able to flourish as much when he's surrounded by stars. I'm not saying he's going to be a bust, but I am just thinking that his growth will be slowed if he's surrounded by stars. The offense won't flow around him but he will flow with the offense. I really like Wiggins but I would love a good pg off the draft. Look at how Rondo developed being surrounded by the Celtics B3.

Plus I just want the showtime and championship Lakers back :frown:

Last edited:
Any good point guard in that draft? I am hoping for a good young point guard to orchestrate this team, kinda like a Magic J reincarnation. We have cap space on '14 and for sure we would be able to get some good names *hopefully*, now say we get Wiggins, I don't think he would be able to flourish as much when he's surrounded by stars. I'm not saying he's going to be a bust, but I am just thinking that his growth will be slowed if he's surrounded by stars. The offense won't flow around him but he will flow with the offense. I really like Wiggins but I would love a good pg off the draft. Look at how Rondo developed being surrounded by the Celtics B3.

Plus I just want the showtime and championship Lakers back
frown.gif
Dante Exum is supposed to be pretty good, but I haven't seen him play so I can't really speak on his game.

Ramona Shelburne: Lakers have reached out to Lamar Odom, but it been hard to determine how high interest level is on either side thus far. Twitter @ramonashelburne

We tend to not work well with PG's. Our best bet is a big man or a small  forward

Dante Exum is supposed to be pretty good, but I haven't seen him play so I can't really speak on his game.

Marcus Smart has been playing point since last years USA's. He would have been a top five pick this year, another year will only help his poing guard abilities.

Exum might be more of a two, since he's 6'6. It's a shame, both of his parents are Carolina grads, and he's not even being recruited by Roy :smh:

Marcus Smart has been playing point since last years USA's. He would have been a top five pick this year, another year will only help his poing guard abilities.

Exum might be more of a two, since he's 6'6. It's a shame, both of his parents are Carolina grads, and he's not even being recruited by Roy
mean.gif
Yeah from the short highlights I have seen of him he seems a little slow to play pro point. Marcus Smart is a pretty safe bet along with Andrew Harrison.  The top 10 in this next years draft is pretty stack with options at about all different positions.

Get lamar back!
It won't hurt us any more now. Have him start at PF and pau at C

Last edited:
Ill be back when the season starts and the team is playing crisp, clean, drama free basketball... All this "Come save us Andrew Wiggins" talk is disgusting

Last edited:
If they're reaching out to each other, then he'll be back. After Dallas, and even the Clippers, who else would really want him? He still has some game left in him. He just needs to stop acting like a pu**y over the CP trade, and understand that this is a business. The fans would love to see him back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom