[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Face it folks, if you ain't winning it all, the last thing you want to do is mid level your finish.

I'm not saying tank, now, today. BUT, if it doesn't look good early, you pull the plug. You flip what you can and acquire assets.

This draft has a ton of talent. Be it #1, 4, 7 you're gonna get a key piece. Misguided attempts at glory that net you the 14th pick is even more crippling than missing out on Dwight. A top 5ish type pick can be a superstar caliber young player for four years at less than ten million dollars. Dwight costs 90 mil in those same four years.

It's the same principle of me clamoring for Klay/Barnes.

We'll have money to buy free agent building blocks soon, but having one player be a tremendous young player with youth and upside costing just a fraction is a HUGE asset.

You guys need to start thinking about that. Stop pressing for the 8 seed and a chance to get knocked out in round one again. You either have a roster that can win it all (we don't) or you position yourself for an extremely valuable asset.

Understand that.

sorry but outside of Wiggin. I don't see any potential real talent.

I think most of the fanbase is realistic/level headed enough to accept next season being a down season with the result for a quick turnaround.

Next seasons ceiling (baring a miracle trade) is the 2nd round. And everything would have to go perfectly right in terms of chemistry and no injuires to do that.

The best draft in years, cap space, and decent free agents other then lebron. Being a middle of the pack team in the NBA is like being stuck going nowhere.

I don't wanna get too far ahead of myself, but from the many clips I've seen, as far as being NBA ready Parker >>>> Wiggins :nerd:

I think some of our fans egos are so big they can't handle not being a so called contender so they'd rather blow it up than be an average 5th seed and have to defend that all season.

I guess it's easier to handle having a garbage team and sayin nah were just tanking it for these H.O.F. draft picks who just went to the prom last year :smh:.

Wiggins appears to be the goods but theirs only one of him and if u put all your eggs in his basket and strikeout then what ? Wind up with some overrated plan b like Knicks. Or what if we miss in wiggins we can position ourselves for the 2019 draft class early, surely someone will have a killer hoopsmixtape by then :rolleyes

Last year we just wanted to get in , now we don't even want the playoffs unless its top 4...... Wth is going on here ?

Ill gladly take a 5th seed over some overrated first rounder, the same ten teams are in the lottery every year and miss over and over again so why are we acting like the draft is a sure thing when it's a crapshoot all the way ?

[Darth]
:lol: @ any signs of hope for next season, or the future
We are a middle ground team, for now and always.
Accept it.
6-76 next season.
[/Darth]

Last edited:
CP I agree with you. 14th pick isn't anything compared to the 5th. I get that.

But you need to understand that whether we as fans want the Lakers to tank or not doesn't matter. You say we shud pull the plug, but we can't pull anything. What difference does it make if we wanna see the team play better or not? We can't do anything about them actually doing so. All we do as fans is hope.

You think Kobe's gonna pull the plug? You think he is going to let the team go into full tank mode?

Face it. Whether we agree with you or not. Whether we want the team to tank or not. Whether we understand what the 2014 draft has in potential talent or not. With Kobe Bean Bryant playing that team isn't going to land a top 5 pick...probably not even a top 10 pick.

So whether we jump on board or not it doesn't matter. Kobe's going to come back. Kobe's going to be motivated. Him and Pau are going to try to win games. Point blank. Period.

Who knows how many they'll win. It might be 25. It might me 35. It might be by some miracle 45. But realistically no matter how bad this roster looks and is (and its really bad), Kobe Pau and Nash ain't gonna allow us to have a high draft pick.

We're goin to be exactly what you don't want us to be. A mediocre team that might either miss the playoffs with 35 wins, or make the playoffs somehow with 44 and get bounced... Either way giving us a 14-20 pick in next years draft.

That's reality, whether we fans accept it or not.

Again, I understand and agree that id rather be completely horrible with a very high pick then kinda horrible with a kinda high/kinda middle pick. I don't want us to tank, but that would obviously be better for our rebuilding.

The point is though, it doesn't matter what I think or agree with.

Kobe's still on this team. We will have no influence on him or this team. Kobe's gonna be gunning for 30 ppg and gonna stack as many wins as he can. So along with cap space, were most likely going to have a 14-20 pick in next years draft whether we make the playoffs or not. We have no chance at Wiggins, Jabari, or any other immediate franchise changing player with Kobe Pau and Nash out there tryin to win games. Which they will. I'm sure it'll be a good player we land, it's just not going to be a Wiggins type talent.

I think we need to understand and accept, that.

I think some of our fans egos are so big they can't handle not being a so called contender so they'd rather blow it up than be an average 5th seed and have to defend that all season.

I guess it's easier to handle having a garbage team and sayin nah were just tanking it for these H.O.F. draft picks who just went to the prom last year
mean.gif

Wiggins appears to be the goods but theirs only one of him and if u put all your eggs in his basket and strikeout then what ? Wind up with some overrated plan b like Knicks. Or what if we miss in wiggins we can position ourselves for the 2019 draft class early, surely someone will have a killer hoopsmixtape by then
eyes.gif

Last year we just wanted to get in , now we don't even want the playoffs unless its top 4...... Wth is going on here ?

Ill gladly take a 5th seed over some overrated first rounder, the same ten teams are in the lottery every year and miss over and over again so why are we acting like the draft is a sure thing when it's a crapshoot all the way ?
The Laker fanbase is the worst

Thank you sir.

Durantula feels so cool right now. :lol:

Have fun with that *** clown. He's going to get McHale fired by all-star break.

That's just pure hate talking

Then who are these potential superstar that CP is talking about in this upcoming draft class?

Jabari Parker is a future franchise player, randle has superstar potential. One of the harrison twins, not sure which one can dish. Marcus smart is a beast.

Last edited:
I can understand pulling the plug to get ready for 2014, but what people are forgetting is the 3 billion dollar time warner contract. I'm pretty sure the Lakers and Time Warner agreed to this contract with the thought the Lakers would always have a competitive team. Just a thought to put out there.....

D Howard will be crying about touches by mid November.

It'll be funny to see where the so called experts put us this year, I know were not gonna contend, but I think well still be solid.

Kobe, Pau and Nash barely survived last year.

Now subtract Dwight, Earl Clark and Jamison.

Factor another year on Pau, Nash and Ron then add an achilles to Kobe.

They may not "tank" but they may not have too. :lol:

Now, I am laughing at myself not wanting the 14th pick when we did land Kobe at 13, but that was 20 years ago.

For this class, we'll want top 7ish.

IF things come together early, fine. Maybe Mitch gives it a try. But if we are at the 10 seed near deadline, he should deal everyone with a beating heart. Pau, Nash (especially) Meeks, Hill, anything that nets picks, future picks, young-cheap players in return, etc. At that point, wins would stop automatically.

nash isnt going anywhere for anybody. dude is 39 yrs old. hes either going 2 play in LA for a couple more yrs or retire

Wiggins, Parker, Randle, Smart, Young, Harrison, Harrell, Harris, Seldon, Glen Rob, Christon.......don't even include any internationals or Exum, couple others that might come into the draft.

Hell, I didn't even list any Centers. Just forwards and guards in this group.

This is 2003 draft like. You want to be in that mix fellas.

Jack to Cleveland. FO continues to sit by with their thumbs in their *****.
Jack got paid 4years 27 million.

We only have the mmle and the vets minimum.

What the hell do u expect them to do.

Jesus Christ some of you guys don't understand that the nba has a cap and you can't just spend anything you want.

That's not the point. They haven't reached out to anyone. I'm aware of the money situation. I'll let y'all ****** be miserable for the rest of Summer. Peace.

That's not the point. They haven't reached out to anyone. I'm aware of the money situation. I'll let y'all ****** be miserable for the rest of Summer. Peace.
That because they were waiting on Dwight to make a decision before they did anything.  He literally just decided last night and now everyone expects them to just be calling every free agent on the market just for the sake of making a move.  If anything we need to go the Boston route, start trading some of our stars for young players/draft picks and start over.  While this team may not be bad next year they will not be anything more than a first round exit in the West.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom