[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name="JJ Watt"]Kobe back before rose?

:wow:[/quote]I have to defend Rose. Yes, I'm a fan, and yes, I know I'm not in the CHI thread. "Let me explain" (no Hart)... ... I live in Illinois, and CAKE has a gun to my head.* :frown:

:lol:

But no, a player coming back is absolutely a credit to his work, but also a statement of the owner's/GM's faith and ability to 'let go'. And the Bulls have a history of faithlessness when it comes to major injuries.

*help me

Last edited:
If Kobe wants more than $12 mil a year next year, I'd consider giving him the amnesty for real.

Kobe's in Santa Barbara for his Basketball Camp :wow: :wow: :wow:

I gotta look out for him :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Should be easy, 6 foot 6 man with cruches... :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Hopefully he comes downtown on his offtime to grab a bite to eat... im gonna be taking a lot of breaks at work to walk around aimlessly looking for Mamba :nerd: :smokin :smile:

Last edited:
Wouldn't be surprised if Kobe got around the max. His marketability alone is a reason to keep him around, even though I'd much rather him take a pay cut for the team's sake.

Last edited:
Wouldn't be surprised if Kobe got around the max. His marketability alone is a reason to keep him around, even though I'd much rather him take a pay cut for the team's sake.
really depends on how he is post injury.

remember last year he posted one of his best seasons statistically in a long time. if he is close to that - then obviously he is a "max" type player.  still i hope he does the right thing and takes like a 2yr 20-25 mil type deal. that would help a lot.

realistically they'll give him like a 2 year 50 mill type deal (assuming he plays well this season)

in other news:

I don't even care if $10mil is realistic.. It is 3x too much..

When FA comes you explain what you are trying to do.. WIN TITLES.. Doing this by keeping Kobe, Pau.. Adding 2 superstars. And still having money to add a 6th man.

If he doesn't budge.. It's time to part ways.

Last edited:
Then you let him go..

This is what you sell him on..

He takes $3.1mil
Pau takes $6mil (No Trade Clause).. You give him the No Trade Clause to lower the price in exchange for security.
Cut Nash $3.1mil

You have $47.8million dollars in cap space...

You want to win a title.. This is how we are going to do it... We have $47.8 million, enough to go after 2 stars. Sign a decent point guard, and a sixth man with that cap space.

Then you have the Full-MLE, a 1st round pick, and Vet min to fill in 4 more rotation spots..

He either needs to grow up and accept that the team isn't the Spurs where almost all pieces were in place, so he could take $10mil. This team is starting from scratch... We need as much money as possible to put a team that no one can compete with..

Then in 2015-16 he can resign for the $10mil he wants without it being a cap problem..

Last edited:

If that's the case, I could see him forcing the lakers hand and them having a mutual split. Will it be bad publicity? Yes but long term wise it might be the best move for both sides. The team can fully rebuild and Kobe can finish his career with a fat paycheck elsewhere and then they all make amends in a few years.

I know it wouldn't be popular but if he refused to take a pay cut its the necessary move imo

Joe Montana played for the Chiefs, Jordan played for the Wizards, it takes nothing away from their accomplishments as a 49er and a Bull.

If Kobe refuses to take a pay cut then its best both sides move on mutually

Maybe Mamba is posturing so that opposing GMs don't view the Lakers as players in the FA market. Thus allowing FAs to test and maybe even some "team option" restricted players to go. :nerd: :nerd:

Yea.

Yeah.

That's the thought I'll get sleep with tonight.

It's called business guys.

He cant just say "YEAH ILL TAKE 10 DOLLARS THAT YEAR"...

Even if he takes a paycut, we all know its not gonna be the minimum.
So he HAS to say that so that he can negotiate like he said.

Im sure it'll be a pay cut good enough to help us, but not massive enough to not make himself some money.

You have to realize that this guy sweats blood sweat and tears in the gym. He's going through massive rehab.
He works out every day. He practically lives in the gym.

The guys gonna kill himself to help the Lakers win a championship in 2014... working harder than anyone in the team.
And you expect him to just come out and say "Yeah I'll take less than everyone on this team even though im going to be putting in the most work."????

Is that how business is ran in this world? The hardest worker just decides to take minimum wage so that his coworkers can get richer?
Tell me where they do that at :lol:

Again, he'll take a cut im sure. It'll probably be between 8-14 million per year or something like that.
But he aint gonna take no damn 1.8 million VETERANS MINIMUM contract :rofl:

That ***** for the Antawn Jamisons of the world, not the Kobe Bryants.
So dont have such rediculous expecations. :smh:

And spare me with that "But kobes network is over 500 million he can afford to take a pay cut..." type stuff.
Is Jay-Z slowing down even though the guy's network is damn near really Half a Billion? Is he giving other rappers a chance to make money? Sure he's giving his team some shine...Cole, Wale, etc...his artists make their money, his whole teams winning. But he still has a daughter, family, friends, relatives, and a wife to feed. He doesnt stop working. He doesnt stop signing contracts. He doesnt stop collecting checks. He doesnt feel bad for anyone.

At the end of the day, whether you wanna help people out or not... you still gotta get your due.

How you gonna get mad at the man for wanting to be paid at least SEMI FAIRLY for the amount of work hes about to do for the franchise? Especially after killing himself to get back early after an achilles injury...especially when hes still putting up 27 a game shooting 45% at the age of 34. :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom