[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
kobe scoring as much as possible (without hurting himself) while we win 30 or so games would be the ideal season for us this year

as fun as it was watching steve blake put the team on his back and carry us into the playoffs last year, it really was a pointless season.

might as well go for the lottery rather than fight to be an average playoff team with no chance at the title

I know, I caught it. Have to max two in 14, and one in 15 then the Bird Rights max to Kobe.

I had the years flipped.

But Bird Rights Deals have to be done before non-team FA deals or else you have a cap hold.. Or else you'd have to renounce Kobe's rights and sign him for whatever option we have left.

Unless you convince Kobe 2 years at minimum. Then max in 2016.. But I don't think he'll go for that, nor do I really feel the need to keep him around past 2015-16 season.

With Bird Rights?

Pincus has Kobe's cap hold set under a mil for 2015, sign your 16.5 and then come back and get a deal with Kobe at 19 mil. Bird Rights being the key.

Because Bryant's "cap hold" in 2015 would be a meager $947,000, the Lakers could theoretically add two stars in 2014, one in 2015 -- and then re-sign Bryant for his $19.5 million.

This right here.

Because Bryant's "cap hold" in 2015 would be a meager $947,000, the Lakers could theoretically add two stars in 2014, one in 2015 -- and then re-sign Bryant for his $19.5 million.

This right here.

Ahhh you're right.. My apologies.. Still like my idea better :lol:

Do you realize trading for Nash would immediately become one of Canada's five greatest NBA moments ever? Since Toronto and Vancouver were added as expansion teams in 1995, here's that list right now:

Highlight No. 1: Vince Carter wins the 2000 Slam Dunk Contest.

Highlight No. 2: The Raptors come within a missed Vince jumper of advancing to the 2001 Eastern finals.

Highlight No. 3: Kobe scores 81 points against the Raptors. Hey, at least they were part of history.

Highlight No. 4: The Grizzlies move to Memphis (so Vancouver doesn't have to watch them anymore).

Highlight No. 5: Actually, we're done. You want to know what the greatest running Canadian NBA moment is? Every time Vince comes back to Toronto, they boo him lustily for four quarters. It's the only real Canadian basketball tradition they have. I'd say they need to rent a basketball ambassador. Call me crazy.
:lol:

[quote name="CoupeIt88"]Kobe and his arrogance.

The gift and the curse. It gets you 5 championships[/quote]That's one perspective. :lol:

gotta pay the man.

Hes become a symbol of the franchise, you built that ground up...you cant let it walk out. Its worth more than basketball

just give kobe the magic treatment and give him a % of the lakers :lol:

kobe's my dude but damn, i hope he's just posturing the media. not taking a paycut is :smh:

Last edited:
Lol.

Shaq brought a 3-peat and Lakers took back a Brian Grant without hesitating.

Kobe can walk, he's been great for the franchise, but I don't want him holding the team back another 2-3 years. That veto already cost the Lakers a couple years and the future.

It's very obvious that Kobe isn't going to take a paycut. Why should he? Dude is worth 5x his salary to the Lakers and he knows it.

He might be old, but he's still one of the most entertaining basketball players to watch. Whether it translates to wins is irrelevant.

It's very obvious that Kobe isn't going to take a paycut. Why should he? Dude is worth 5x his salary to the Lakers and he knows it.

He might be old, but he's still one of the most entertaining basketball players to watch. Whether it translates to wins is irrelevant.

That's complete nonsense.......so basically what you're saying is, let's put our present and future on hold until Kobe wants to retire on his own terms, for what he's done in the past? :smh:

If Kobe truly understands what he's meant to this franchise, and what this franchise has meant to him, he wouldn't hold them hostage like that next year

Dudes want kobe to play for the minimum :smh:

Disgusting...

You don't get it...

Min in 2014.. Max in 2015.. Averages out to $10.5mil a year. And it plays to get us the most talent on the Lakers in 2014 and beyond.

But if you want to hamstring the team, go ahead.. But nobody should be calling for Tanking at the same time as disdain for playing the loopholes in the CBA.

You don't get it...

Min in 2014.. Max in 2015.. Averages out to $10.5mil a year. And it plays to get us the most talent on the Lakers in 2014 and beyond.

But if you want to hamstring the team, go ahead.. But nobody should be calling for Tanking at the same time as disdain for playing the loopholes in the CBA.

Y'all dudes really have hoop dreams in this thread. Just spoiled :smh:

Y'all want to tank, get a #1, sign lebron and Melo, sign kobe to some bull, and still win a championship every year for the next 10 seasons.

I just hope Kobe retires after this yr man. Dudes don't even wanna see him eat for filling up the seats and selling jerseys if he stays

relax guys, kobes not going anywhere. he could easily play 4 more yrs.

and to those wanting kobe to retire early, leave ur laker fan badges on ur way out. please & thank you.

That's complete nonsense.......so basically what you're saying is, let's put our present and future on hold until Kobe wants to retire on his own terms, for what he's done in the past? :smh:

If Kobe truly understands what he's meant to this franchise, and what this franchise has meant to him, he wouldn't hold them hostage like that next year

How are the two related?

Kobe plays at a certain level, and brings in a certain revenue for the Lakers. He should be compensated fairly for both of those things.

Whether that allows the Lakers to bring in more talent is on management. The onus isn't on Kobe to take a pay-cut. It's just what you guys WANT to see happen, but let's be real, is that fair to ask of a man who basically lives and breathes basketball for the benefit of the Lakers?

No.

Edit: No one said anything about putting the present and future on hold. If Kobe wants the max, which he will, you make the decision to offer it to move on. It's that simple.

Last edited:
Yall know I love Kobe but if he wants the Lakers to put the pieces around him to get for his 6th championship, he needs to go down to the Duncan/Garnett salary range.

Last edited:

How are the two related?

Kobe plays at a certain level, and brings in a certain revenue for the Lakers. He should be compensated fairly for both of those things.

Whether that allows the Lakers to bring in more talent is on management. The onus isn't on Kobe to take a pay-cut. It's just what you guys WANT to see happen, but let's be real, is that fair to ask of a man who basically lives and breathes basketball for the benefit of the Lakers?

No.

Edit: No one said anything about putting the present and future on hold. If Kobe wants the max, which he will, you make the decision to offer it to move on. It's that simple.

:lol: it's absolutely not "that simple"

Mind you I'm not one of the fans hoping/expecting kobe to just be ok with taking a minimum salary :smh: , but somewhere in the 10-13mil/per yr range would be fair and accommodating to both sides.

And FTR there's a little part of me that thinks kKobe just might retire after this season. He was on record a few months back saying he would never give any indication to the league on qhen his last season might be :nerd:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom