[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
pimp.gif
 Sour candy taking the poll.

When it comes down to it, I think Kobe will do what it takes to have the best shot at winning.

CP is that deal technically legal? It sounds like the CP3 thing where you give him a minimum to max him next year, which was for sure illegal.

When I get to work I'll reply. Can't answer properly on my phone. Gimme a lil bit.

Ok Scott, yeah, I know that would be "frowned upon" but like Noble said, the NBA owes us, they better back the **** off. :lol:

That veto was complete and utter ********, and this recent draft was absolute PROOF of it.

The NBA as a league, as a whole, has ZERO input on how to build a team. ZERO. Them saying, no guys, you can't take FOUR solid NBA players, and try to make the playoffs and all that, and be a good team. No, what you should do is tank, and rebuild via the draft, etc etc. The NBA itself was going to see that thru? They were going to willingly destroy one of their own franchises, and lose on purpose for years? :lol:
A singular owner has that right to pull off a vision like that, it's his choice. Not the league.

Sure enough, they are "lucky" enough to get the #1 pick, they get Davis, boom, someone to build around. 2 more draft picks of that ilk, they're rebuilt. So they luck into the 6 pick, and somehow get a SUPREME talent in Noel, with a high chance at a top 5-8ish pick in a loaded 2014 draft, they'd be set, and what do they do? They trade Noel AND that pick next year for mid level players, to try and get into the playoffs, just as they could have done 2 years ago.

Stern stepped in where she should not have. The new owner did not even follow what Stern started. We were ****** over.

So as for Kobe, yes, it's "shady" I know. But if my dumb *** can see it and understand it, surely bright guys like Mitch, Buss, Kobe, Kobe's agent can see the benefits to it too, and do the task without any sort of hang ups. No written anything, nothing spoken, just be on the same page.

Will it happen? I doubt it. But it's a plausible possiblity. That's all I have been trying to say.

We have options. MANY options now with salary cap space, potential high pick, etc. So from Bron, to Melo, to Wiggins, to Kobe, to Rondo in 2015, all of these are just options. Potential routes. Which way will we go? I don't know that, yet. But we'll start to find out as the season moves along, any deals that come up, any losses that start to build leading to a potential decent pick, etc. Might give clues to where we are headed.

SOUR CANDIES OBVIOUSLY WIN THE CANDY DEBATE.

IDEAS FOR NEXT POLL?!

Keep it Fun. We have plenty of time to get to basketball polls...let free agency finish before we do polls on records, points per game, kobe, etc.

Gimme another fun idea.
make a poll with the following question.

will kobe try to get big money next year or will he find a medium for the benefit of building a contending team?

Ugh...

good idea bro, but like i said...why do that poll now? Thats nothing current. You wanna do ask a question that cannot be answered until 2014... :lol:

Lets do some questions that can be answered now...

I'll just come up with something myself. Gimme a few minutes, itll be up soon. :lol:

I'm with you L2B.

In a perfect world, we'd have Kobe for a cheap salary to end his career, but its not going to happen.

I'm not going to hold it against him for getting what he can get and I'm not going to blame management for signing him to a large contract.
im wit ltb also...what cp posted made plenty of sense, but its none of our positions to count another mans money..

we can throw out a million hypotheticals with a million variables but the only thing set in stone is that bean earned to go out on his own terms...yea 350 mil is alot, but where do we come in to say thats enough? when is it our choice to tell a man to take a paycut...

none of us would take a paycut at our jobs, even if it meant making work more pleasant and easy..yea it sounds good, yea itll obviously help the team...but like everybody else kobe gotta get his while he can..wont be shooting fadeaways much longer..

so id love if he took a cut, but i wont say he needs to get on board or get lost..i wont say theres no other options to win besides his paycut...

for what its worth, peyton manning was on his umpteenth neck surgery, the team that he built cut him, the whole sports world was wondering if he would ever play again, let alone at his usual MVP level...

peyton didnt take a paycut because of injury or to help the team...peyton came in after a whole season removed as the highest paid player in the league...then he performed to his usual level...

APPLE (yes, I've owned an Android)
ANDROID (yes, I've owned an Apple)
APPLE (no, I've never had a Droid)
ANDROID (no, I've never had an Apple)

:smokin

If Kobe asks for 20+ million for the 2014-15 season, he can walk.

Period.

Thank you for 18 years, good luck in your future.

If any of you feel he should be paid that money, then you need to step back and think about where your loyalty is. Team, or player?

If he asks for 5 mil. Fine.
10 mil, maybe I can get with that.

32 million? Get all the **** way outta here.

I'm with you L2B.

In a perfect world, we'd have Kobe for a cheap salary to end his career, but its not going to happen.

I'm not going to hold it against him for getting what he can get and I'm not going to blame management for signing him to a large contract.
im wit ltb also...what cp posted made plenty of sense, but its none of our positions to count another mans money..

we can throw out a million hypotheticals with a million variables but the only thing set in stone is that bean earned to go out on his own terms...yea 350 mil is alot, but where do we come in to say thats enough? when is it our choice to tell a man to take a paycut...

none of us would take a paycut at our jobs, even if it meant making work more pleasant and easy..yea it sounds good, yea itll obviously help the team...but like everybody else kobe gotta get his while he can..wont be shooting fadeaways much longer..

so id love if he took a cut, but i wont say he needs to get on board or get lost..i wont say theres no other options to win besides his paycut...

Exactly.
What CP says makes sense.

WE GET IT.

We know that one man is not more important than the whole team... (except LeBron...)
But were just being realistic. No matter how many scenarios you explain. No matter how MORALLY CORRECT it would be for someone to take a paycut.
No matter how RIGHT it is to sacrifice money in YOUR opinion for the team to add more pieces.

Who are we to say he HAS to take the minimum?
And there are no guarantees that hed come back the 2nd year and get that 19 million contract you speak of.
Didnt you see the man just injured his achilles?

Who says he even has 2 years left? With the way MDA gives him minutes, the guy might lose both of his legs by the end of the 2014 season. The guy might damn near tear both achilles (no jynx)...just sayin, anything can happen with minutes at his age.

Realistically, you dont think he wants to protect himself and his family for the rest of his life?

Sure, it makes sense...sure your scenario is very plausible, and it would be great for our team.
But the guy is not gonna take a minimum contract.

AND YOU WOULDNT EITHER.
None of us would.
If you can make 15 million, why would you take 1?

Of course he wants to win.
But basketball at the end of the day is a job.
And hes going to be doing it better than most people in the world even at 35.
If you are doing your job better than 90% of the people in the world, you get paid like it...no matter how old you are.

Its not just basketball, its life.

How are you gonna say F KOBE, TO HELL WITH HIM! if he decides he wants 8-10 mill for 1 more year of hard work and production? Why? How? Thats not fair? It doesnt allow us to still pursue a couple great free agents while paying the man for the 100's OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS he is going to put into the Buss familys pockets???

Cmon now. Thats all im saying. The bus family is gonna get rich as hell off of him for one more year, and your saying he should take minimum wage (in NBA aspect)...? So the buss family can save that 15 million and let Jim Buss have a couple extra vacations around the world for not doing anything but watch?

Thats all im sayin man.
Sure basketball is kobes life.
But basketball is also Kobes job.

You just gotta remember that. No matter how bad he wants to win, he is WORKING. Its his Career. He wants to get compensated fairly, no matter how old he is. Hes not gonna get a max contract, and im sure he'll give them a discount, but hes not gonna work for the same price Jordan Farmar makes and produce 100x more...and bring in 100x more money for the team.

That. Is. Not. REALISTIC.
You cant ask someone to do that, its not our lives...and if it was, you would do the same thing he was doing.

CP if he asks for 30 million again... ill say it myself, get the hell outta here KOBE!!
But i dont expect him to. 8-12 million is realistic. that should be what he asks for and gets. and theres nothing wrong with that if he is still PRODUCING. If he has a fall off this year, and he obviously cant produce kobe like numbers again... THEN, i will say okay... you dont deserve more than 5 mill anymore kobe, time to call it quits.

But if he still produces like he did last season, who are we to say he should take a 29 MILLION DOLLAR PAY CUT? :x :lol:

Last edited:
If Kobe asks for 20+ million for the 2014-15 season, he can walk.

Period.

Thank you for 18 years, good luck in your future.

If any of you feel he should be paid that money, then you need to step back and think about where your loyalty is. Team, or player?

If he asks for 5 mil. Fine.
10 mil, maybe I can get with that.

32 million? Get all the **** way outta here.

Kobe to the Hawks next year, they'll pay him 30 million a year. Lol

Kobe trying to get every buck he can because he knows down the road, Vanessa may file again.

You don't get it...

Min in 2014.. Max in 2015.. Averages out to $10.5mil a year. And it plays to get us the most talent on the Lakers in 2014 and beyond.

But if you want to hamstring the team, go ahead.. But nobody should be calling for Tanking at the same time as disdain for playing the loopholes in the CBA.
im with it... it all comes down to how much kobe wants that 6th ring. kobes my dude but i do believe hes gotta take that pay cut to increase his chances of getting a 6th possibly multiple rings to end his career on the upside of things... Id say do it like E said itll even out to $10.5 mil a year.

CP, you're too grown... err, old... to have the vitriol that you do towards people with an opinion that is different than yours. :lol:

You may as well just end your rebuttals w/ "You STILL disagree? But I'M RIGHT; get that through your ******* thick skull!", because that's definitely how it comes across anyways. :lol:

by the way, anyone who votes for the adidas KOBETWO will be banned. :lol:

Don't do it, Kane. I ain't playing. :lol:

If Kobe leaves I'm leaving with him. LOL nah but seriously I'll cheer on any team with him on it...I'll still mess with the lakers unless they are playing each other lol

Ska, I ain't worried about who believes or don't believe in what I say. I say all kinds of off the wall ****, I don't sweat it.

But if we was all face to face, you'd see it ain't me "mad" or nothin, but animated, surely am.

I wouldn't threaten to beat dudes or nothin, but mock and point and giggle at them, sure nuff. :lol:

I can't type, the way I speak in a face to face convo, ya know? I try to convey it, but it's hard to get it perfectly articulated on here. But understand, I got jokes, I'd be clownin with ya'll all day, it wouldn't be me tryin to flex on nobody. Trust me.

These dudes at work would tell ya. They have to deal with me all the damn time. Any time I catch them slippin, I have to make sure they get the message real crystal, but I don't do it in any mean way or agressive or nothin, I just make em look foolish. :pimp: :lol:

Kobe IVs n VIIIs but leaning more to VIIIs due to the lunarlon insole not bottoming out like the lunar foam in the IVs... got my black elite VIIIs on today 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
I'm not saying it was the BEST shoe.
But the Adidas KOBE 1's are always gonna be my FAVORITE.

The joy of owning a pair of those when I was a kid is unforgettable.

I can't really afford Kobe's anymore unless they're in the outlets or on sale. But back then I got a pair as a gift and I felt like I was on top of the world. I had the all silver pair. Not as nice as the all white, but still :pimp: regardless.

I felt like the happiest dude in the world wearing those to school. I didn't have the most swag as a kid I can honestly say, but the days when I was wearing those KOBE ONE's to school you can bet my swag was on a hundred thousand trillion. :pimp: :lol:

Adidas Kobe 1's are the spaceship lookin joints right?

I had a chance to get the Crazy 8's last year but I passed and got some 1/2 Cents. Kinda regret it now, probably shoulda got both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom