[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name="laker4lifeman"]I see LTB is trying to be a Rocket now :{[/quote] I'm saying, though. :\ Rockets avatar, red kicks... let's talk about this, L2B.

Kobe isn't stupid.

His comments are more of him saying he's gonna be getting back to Kobe Bryant level this year. Even he wasn't so sure he could a few months ago, but this is another way of him declaring (or challenging himself) to do it.

Not so much that he's actually gonna try to get a new contract that takes up over half the team's cap space.

He damn well knows he takes up significant space, that means no stars. No one's gonna wanna sign to the space they do have if the other featured guy is in his golden years. He knows all this hurts his chances of a 6th ring.

6th ring >>>> being the highest paid guy, or getting Kobe Bryant money cause that's what Kobe Bryant deserves, or anything like that.

He knows Mitch and Jim aren't stupid either. (Well, Mitch isn't stupid at least...) So they WILL tell him they're moving on, rather than wreck their 2014 we-have-all-the-cap-space plan.

Not to mention, if he's not taking a big paycut, Pau's not gonna man up and take the minimum either. And he would hate to see Pau leave. And he knows the Lakers didn't save up this space just to offer the two of them new contracts...

So yeah. Don't take him too literally. The minimum would be a longshot, but so would another near-max contract. He'll play at a discount, which for a legend like Kobe, could be around the $10-12 mil range. And if the Lakers truly sell him on winning, maybe it dips down a little more.

Kobe would rather see the best center in the league walk than share the spotlight with him. And he did that TWICE. That speaks volumes to where his head is at.

He believes he can still get it done regardless. And the scary thing is, he probably can.

would u rather kobe beg for dwight to stay or something? it was dwights decision to leave bro. doesnt matter what kobe would rather want

I mean... yeah, if that's what it takes to save the franchise for the next couple of years. My whole point is that he wouldn't do it even if it made the team better because of his ego. The same ego that's going to make him not take a paycut.

Kobe would rather see the best center in the league walk than share the spotlight with him. And he did that TWICE. That speaks volumes to where his head is at.

He believes he can still get it done regardless. And the scary thing is, he probably can.
He didnt want dwight to leave but he also wasnt gonna kiss *** for him to stay he told dwight straight up knowing that he cant do it on his own and neither can dwight but dwight has the mental capacity of an 8 yr old & didnt grasp what kobe was saying. he cant do it on his own at his age & at the way MIA is stacked Kobe knows it. he isnt a kiss *** nor should he be at the amount of dedication he puts in year in n year out. kobe carried the team in to the promise land last season but was unable to step foot in it due to his injury. 

I feel you on that, but my point was that Kobe doesn't bow down to anyone. He never has, he never will and he never should. Which is why he's going to ask for all of the $$.

Dwight's head wasn't where it should be. Kobe knew that.

I don't even think Kobe really believes he can stay on top 4 more years. He's not even sure how his body will respond once he's cleared to play.

He said that to Dwight to see if it would push his buttons (it did). And if it did push his buttons, to Kobe, it says: to hell with him, the Lakers can just move on, you might be the best center physically but not mentally and that matters. We're trying to teach you how to be a champion (no matter how condescending that sounds), and you're worried about who's team this is, and when it's gonna be all about you?

Right but there were other ways to do that. He could've gone the Zen route and coddled a little. My point is from here on out, it will be tough for Kobe to put the team before him, especially when it comes to an extension.

1. He's the best SG in basketball and he knows it.
2. He's a top 5 scorer in the league and he knows it.
3. His ego is astronomical.

He's not taking a paycut, nor should he. I don't give a damn if he's 35 years old. There's other ways to win a championship besides having 3 max players that would probably take a couple seasons to gel anyways.

Pay the man.

The 3 max players aren't just about winning a title with or without Kobe in 2015 or 16, they are about rebuilding the roster and moving forward the next 5-6-7 years.

Another key piece after the 2017 season will be to stop selling/trading away first round picks so that as these max players get older, ala Kobe/Pau/Odom, they can stock up on some youth behind those guys rather than trade them all for one extra vet to compete one extra season.

The Nash for 3 1's could come back and bite us if this rebuild doesn't go smoothly. If we sign Maxes and stay in the hunt and the picks are 25-30, then it was worth the risk. If we give up the 8th pick in the draft in 2015 or 17, I'ma be PISSED.

'specially because it was Nash. :lol

Okay, I feel you on that. I doubt he gives a **** about that though too. But ya.. hard to dispute that. Great point.

I wanna change my Avy but I haven't found anything interesting yet. 8o

If all else fails ill just have to go back to my Jesse Avy since Breaking Bad is coming back In a month...

for the record I'm not mad at kobe for saying he won't take a paycut (he will), like roboto said it's just his way of saying he will prove that he's still a max player but didn't mj play for only 1$ million at some point in time?

All in all I'm excited at the possibilities at where we are gonna go as a franchise
I really want Jim Buss to prove people wrong ...if you can say anything about the man that
we all can agree on is that he doesn't make decisions that will keep you in the middle,
you're either gonna sink or swim lol

I say Kobe should do his contract year-to-year as of now in his career. Jordan did the exact samething,
it's not gonna be a vets min, anybody saying that it should needs to develope their comprehension levels
on life...if Kobe continues to show himself as the best SG in the league you pay him the league standard of the best for a single year (with of course the hometown discount to bring in max talent)

That would give him around a ~12 mil contract for that year ...we still have about 40 mil to play with for 2014
Just re-up another max player in 2015 OR get your 2 max players 2014 and build the rest of the roster in 2015
But 2 max talents AND a new young talented roster is not getting done in the same off season, it'll take some
building but it can get started back up in 2 years depending on how the state of the NBA changes

But if they treat Kobe on a year to year basis where they won't have to be on the hook for him and he is willing
to take a little discount it will work out just fine ...Lets face it Kobe is not going anywhere haha. He is
retiring a Laker and that's that ...soooo much goes into picking up and going somewhere else at this point
in his career and life period. It's all up to MitchGod to find the lil nuances in the CBA to pay him and guide
the team

First Kobe with flywire.

First Kobe "low" top.

First Kobe on NikeID.

Best Kobe ever.... Kobe IV....hands down.

ANKLE INSURANCE!

Best Kobe year tho: The Jordan year. :x :x

Last edited:
I wanna change my Avy but I haven't found anything interesting yet.
nerd.gif

If all else fails ill just have to go back to my Jesse Avy since Breaking Bad is coming back In a month...
anything is better then that half tard 
laugh.gif

I was able to get his asking price down to $55 for those V's :)

He said if I have an ACT Study book to trade he'd take off more money but I dont :{

I didn't even know what a damn ACT was till I googled it :lol

I was able to get his asking price down to $55 for those V's :)

He said if I have an ACT Study book to trade he'd take off more money but I dont :{

I didn't even know what a damn ACT was till I googled it :lol
lol great price though especially for a DS pair

Yo excuse the ignorance but I'm a rookie shoe buyer...:{

What's DS? Double Strike? 8o :lol

Last edited:
[quote name="cleansneaksonly21"]First Kobe with flywire.

First Kobe "low" top.

First Kobe on NikeID.

Best Kobe ever.... Kobe IV....hands down.[/quote]Completely agree. :smokin [quote name="cleansneaksonly21"] Best Kobe year tho: The Jordan year. :x :x[/quote]The Jordan Year? (I have a sinking feeling I'm going to regret asking this)

hahaha DS= Dead stock means never worn

Ahhhh got it :lol thanks for the knowledge bro.

Someone in the Nike section said they're also "TB"...said they weren't a popular color way so they probably went to outlets. What's TB? I
Might as well learn shoe lingo now while we're on the topic :lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom