[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Ska banned me from the season thread because i posted a comment about Zimmerman trial. Unbelievable. I even explained my reasons :smh: Come on man. Internet is not that serious.

Last edited:
Had to be 1999-2000

Kobe to Shaq

/poll

If that one run they didn't lose game 1 against AI and the Sixers, that would be tough to top, but out of sheer good feeling and joy had to be that first title they got together. The Horry shot in 2002 was crazy but that whole series was fishy so it taints it in my mind.

Ska unban me man. How are you going to ban me because i said zimmerman is a free man? I even removed it after you warned me. :smh: That does not warrant a ban at all man. You know it.

the lakers will be back in the championship hunt in the next 3 years but if we get a high draft pick in the 14 draft we'll be setup to dominate for the next decade+.

I really don't see lebron or carmelo coming to la but there are some very nice role players in free agency next summer

amir johnson
varejao
deng
sessions
parsons
tony parker
ariza
gortat

and a few others like gay and bosh (see what I did there?)

if kobe is close to his old self you try to get him a 1 year max, sign one or two of these guys, see what you can get for pau and have a legit chance at the chip next season. then in 15 there's rondo, love, aldridge and a few others to build around.

all that is possible without tanking. now imagine doing that and having a young franchise player on a cheap contract to go with it who kobe can pass the torch to and the dynasty continues.

lakers will be solid either way but with a top 5 pick we'd be ridiculously scary good, like what the thunder could've been

Last edited:
I love Kobe VI to death man but everytime i use it.. i kept rolling my ankle.. smh ..

Kobe V tho.. it never failed me :smokin

lol @ 23vs24

I'm talking about role players bros. of course you're not going to sign amir johnson to a max contract but he is great as a role player. a team with tony parker, kobe, amir, whoever you get back for pau is a top team. then you get a free agent in 15 so it's 2 max guys plus kobe on a paycut...that's not a contender?

you guys really need to play fantasy bball man :lol:. all those guys I listed were absolute beasts in complimentary roles

Last edited:
Parker
Amir
35-36 year old Kobe
Pieces for Pau

Is a "top team".....

And WE need to stick to fantasy basketball?

And with those contracts, we could get 2 max guys the following year????? :lol:

oh boy...maybe I need to explain this better.

out of all those guys, parker would be the only max guy. in real life, this upcoming season is basically the lakers doing kobe a solid and at least trying to somewhat compete. if things don't look good by february, trade pau. who knows maybe you get a rondo or something like that. this is where you get into hypotheticals.

now you go into the offseason with rondo, kobe and you get rid of nash with the stretch provision. assuming kobe is full strength and no lebron/melo you have two max/near max guys with kobe (1 year) and rondo. build around them with solid role players like deng and/or amir/gortat or another NON max guy. look at the spurs roster from last season and tell me rondo/kobe/deng/amir and spare parts (hell, even this current team's spare parts) is not a championship team. then going into 15 you have rondo,deng, amir signed with the the potential to sign another max guy (lopez, marc, love, aldridge) pending a late 30s kobe taking a paycut or just letting him walk. replace rondo, deng, amir with any of the other top free agents from 14/15 (there are many solid options). again, that's not a contender?

this is all assuming the lakers miss out on lebron/melo, kobe is fully recovered, and the lakers either trade pau for a quality starter or sign parker and/or the top role players in 14 free agency

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom