[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No ones saying Pau isn't more skilled in the low post. But what I am saying. Pau as the go to guy down low is not going to make much of a difference and will not magically make us much better. He's not going to outscore Dwight even if you wish for it to happen, or if he was playing the way he was supposed to. When Pau was in the post, in 08-10 he was getting a similar amount of shots. His % were up, but he was scoring 18 points a game. Not seeing much difference.

But let's go with your idea of Pau & Kevin Love... Ok then what do you do with Kevin Love... You have to remember he's a guy who posts or shots 3s. And takes 18 shots per game. What do you think that will do for Pau? Put him in the exact same spot that he was in the past 2 years, away from the hoop. Or then you defeat the purpose of Kevin Love who now you make a strictly spot up shooter, and I don't want Kevin Love shooting 10 3 pointers a game.

It's a losing combination. It brings us back to the same point.... DEFENSE... You'll have 4 weak defenders.. And even more guys who are just standing around on offense.

This team has a much better chance of winning a title without Pau Gasol than it does without Dwight Howard.

Also may I add the long term of that decision makes it even worse...

Last edited:
Make Pau the center in the deep post. Run the pick and roll with Kobe like 08-10. Kevin love can be that stretch 4 that Dantoni want. A stretch 4 who can hit 3s and also can post up and give you 8, 9 rebounds per game according to his stat and highlight.

With Kevin Love as the stretch 4. How is that going to make Gasol moving away from the rim? I think it actually compliment Gasol because both Gasol and K love are good passer and have better vision than Dwight.

As far as defense. I've already said earlier that we still need a perimeter defender near Tony Allen caliber because perimeter defense is where we actually need.

We have won the title twice with Gasol but we have never won with Dwight.

Remember Josh Powell? Prime Dwight Howard didn't even dominate Gasol and Josh Powell in 09 man. Two weak defenders could still limit Dwight Howard.

I saw everything this year and the past couple years. I don't like what i see from Dwight and i concluded that Dwight is not the go to guy.

Last edited:
while we're at it, how about 2010 conference finals kobe, ron, and nash... and how about 2009 finals dwight

tired.gif
how about 2010 kobe, 2009 dwight, 2007 nash, 2003 artest, 2002 jameson, 2000 chick hearn.  that would def help.

Make Pau the center in the deep post. Run the pick and roll with Kobe like 08-10. Kevin love can be that stretch 4 that Dantoni want. A stretch 4 who can hit 3s and also can post up and give you 8, 9 rebounds per game according to his stat and highlight.

With Kevin Love as the stretch 4. How is that going to make Gasol moving away from the rim? I think it actually compliment Gasol because both Gasol and K love are good passer and have better vision than Dwight.

As far as defense. I've already said earlier that we still need a perimeter defender near Tony Allen caliber because perimeter defense is where we actually need.

We have won the title twice with Gasol but we have never won with Dwight.

Remember Josh Powell? Prime Dwight Howard didn't even dominate Gasol and Josh Powell in 09 man. Two weak defenders could still limit Dwight Howard.

I saw everything this year and the past couple years. I don't like what i see from Dwight and i concluded that Dwight is not the go to guy.

After watching the Spurs vs. GS... I know we had a strong chance of beating them if we had a healthy Kobe/Nash/Blake. :smh:

This laker team has so many holes and question marks going into next season. If dwight does not re sign might as well trade paul for draft picks, nash for a future second rounder if that, and just tank the season. Wait do we have a first rounder next year?

Again this team was 28-12 our last 40 games this season. If this team can be somewhat healthy and retain dwight by opening night i do not expect then to struggle like they did last year. However i stilldo not see them being a title contender with old *** paul, nash, metta, and kobe broken and old. Factor in antoni returning and yea...

We ain't gonna do ****.

Sorry, just being honest.
But if our roster stays the same and Pau and Kobe just get older and more banged up. We ain't doing ****.

To sign a decent FA heard it on 710 espn

the lakers cant do that!!!! even if pau was amnestied we'd still be way too far over the cap to be allowed to sign anyone with anything other than the mini-MLE. some of you guys need to get through this. we're not gonna be able to get enough cap space unless kobe retires, we amnesty pau and dwight doesnt come back. its just not happening so the chances of us signing any really good FAs are at like 0.01%

the lakers cant do that!!!! even if pau was amnestied we'd still be way too far over the cap to be allowed to sign anyone with anything other than the mini-MLE. some of you guys need to get through this. we're not gonna be able to get enough cap space unless kobe retires, we amnesty pau and dwight doesnt come back. its just not happening so the chances of us signing any really good FAs are at like 0.01%

Is Dwight a decent FA or nah

This laker team has so many holes and question marks going into next season. If dwight does not re sign might as well trade paul for draft picks, nash for a future second rounder if that, and just tank the season. Wait do we have a first rounder next year?

Should of missed the playoffs this year, would of had a first rounder at least right?

Which Lakers would have traded away anyway :lol:

Last edited:
The Lakers' hands are tied when it comes to free agency. Cutting players and their salaries isn't gonna open up money to spend elsewhere. It's just reducing the tax hit.

Should of missed the playoffs this year, would of had a first rounder at least right?

Which Lakers would have traded away anyway :lol:

How do you think we got Nash?
We have no 1st rounders for the next few years. :smh:

Honestly, you have to be a magician to fix this team with no money and no draft picks.

Gotta be realistic guys, unless we're lucky and miraculously a young athletic Monta Ellis type 2nd round talent falls to us, were going to look the same.

Dwight averaged 17 points per game.

most non-impactful 17ppg ever. 6-10 points on FT's and 3 lay ups/dunks

What in the hell kind of basketball analysis is that.

Just an FYI... Point per shot #1 Kevin Durant 1.59 points per shot #1 Dwight Howard 1.59 points per shot.

FG% Dwight was 2nd

Just another stat I'll throw out there for you.. Double-Doubles Dwight was second.

Another point I'll make.. Dwight made 6.2 FG per game.. The highest in the league for Centers was 7.8 FG per game on 3.6 more shots than Dwight..

Last edited:
how do you guys feel about picking up Marshon Brooks for kobe to teach him?

pretty much a homer question- i go to PC.

how do you guys feel about picking up Marshon Brooks for kobe to teach him?

pretty much a homer question- i go to PC.

Love this move if you can get him for cheap.
I've always believed on the right team Brooks could elevate his game, day to day with Kobe would be invaluable. He's wasting away on the bench in BK anyway :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom