[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks all. But we ain't almost die. Taste windshield almost, yes, die, no. :lol:

Phil ain't no dummy, the Nets are a mess. The Clipps would never pay him, I wonder if OKC would........ :nerd:

A PM I sent PMatic earlier today with some added stuff.. Helps the Lakers and the Bulls, but the Bulls would have to follow this blueprint for it to work.

I looked at the Bulls salary.

If they were to amnesty Boozer (who would probably still fetch $8mil in the amnesty process). Picked up the full final year option for Rip Hamilton at $5mil.

Then traded Deng and Hamilton for Pau. A trade that I think works beautiful for us considering we are not fully sure about Kobe for the first couple months.

That would put the Bulls at $58mil in cap.. They could resign Nate. And put the full-MLE for JJ Redick or try to get Korver back (a weakness that they desperately have).. And then fill the bottom of their rotation with veterans.

I think the Bulls will have to make a move regardless of how far they go in the playoffs for this offseason. If they don't clear room, they will lose Nate Robinson. And will likely lose out on getting a JJ Reddick or Korver which they need because they can't offer $5mil. When you offer $5mil you are capped at $4mil over luxury ($74mil). Bulls are at $73mil in committed salaries next year.. The only team that may trade for Boozer is the Raptors for Bargnani. If they simply amnesty Boozer then they lose their rotational advantages of rolling their defenders to the necessary matchups (i.e. Taj on Ray Allen). Also unfortunate for the Bulls, Boozer helps them a lot offensively. They are already meh on offense. If they lost Boozer for nothing, they'd be awful. And as well all know Pau is much better offensively. Also going with Butler over Deng is saving $13million for a player that can do the same job, and needs the room to develop.

Guards: Rose, Nate Rob, Reddick, Heinrich, Teague
Forwards: Butler, Gibson, Pau
Center: Noah

Would give them a better offense, and still a solid defense with a guy who is a genius to push them to elite status.

On our side...

We would then likely amnesty MWP, or keep him around if we can't keep Earl, which seems likely that Earl would be back. .

Nash/Blake/ Morris
Kobe / Meeks / Hamilton / Goudelock
Deng
Clark
Howard / Hill / Sacre

Then we'd still have the mini-MLE to go after someone. I would like another perimeter defender. I'm extremely high on Dorell Wright who is a combo forward, and no change in roster will change that. Would make us a smaller team, but we'd be much younger, better defensively, without sacrificing our cap flexibility. Despite what some may think Blake & Hamilton could be decent trading chips in exchange for a better backup PG come the trade deadline.

Just to put us back on track for our Dungeon of Ideas :lol:

Last edited:
Thanks all. But we ain't almost die. Taste windshield almost, yes, die, no. :lol:

Phil ain't no dummy, the Nets are a mess. The Clipps would never pay him, I wonder if OKC would........ :nerd:

The Thunder are a well run organization. Even though OKC has the kind of weather Phil prefers, I don't see him going there. It seems like he wants to run an organization that has potential, but still is under the radar or making the push to the "next level".

Houston, Golden State, or Dallas(reach because of Cuban) would be those teams. Honestly, I like Toronto a lot for Phil. They have some nice pieces there along with some decent cap space as well. Too bad the weather is too cold for Phil Jackson.

The Clippers need to swallow their **** and go get Phil. They can be GREAT with him running the show, but IDK how he'd build a relationship with them considering his fiancee is the owner of the rival team and his past beef with the Clips.

Really at the end of the day, I think LA needs to just pay up and let Phil run the show.

The Thunder are a well run organization. Even though OKC has the kind of weather Phil prefers, I don't see him going there. It seems like he wants to run an organization that has potential, but still is under the radar or making the push to the "next level".

Houston, Golden State, or Dallas(reach because of Cuban) would be those teams. Honestly, I like Toronto a lot for Phil. They have some nice pieces there along with some decent cap space as well. Too bad the weather is too cold for Phil Jackson.

The Clippers need to swallow their **** and go get Phil. They can be GREAT with him running the show, but IDK how he'd build a relationship with them considering his fiancee is the owner of the rival team and his past beef with the Clips.

Really at the end of the day, I think LA needs to just pay up and let Phil run the show.

hows phil relationship with jerry west (GSW)?

I'm not sure how it is these days, but back in 2000 it was rumored Phil "forced" Jerry out...

:nerd:

I don't remember the last time Lakerland was so calm, quiet, and peaceful.

Seems like everyone's actually off-NT living life instead of stressing over Meeks lay-ups, Duhons minutes, or Mettas 3 point shooting :lol:

Should be only a few days though before ESPN grabs a quote from Dwight about his free agency, blows it out of proportion, then NT goes crazy and Lakers thread is back to its old ways...

:nerd:

Last edited:
Jerry West and Phil have a tense relationship. I think West quickly got fed up with him.

BTW I'm really anticipating the Phil Jackson book. It's coming later this month

A PM I sent PMatic earlier today with some added stuff.. Helps the Lakers and the Bulls, but the Bulls would have to follow this blueprint for it to work.

I looked at the Bulls salary.

If they were to amnesty Boozer (who would probably still fetch $8mil in the amnesty process). Picked up the full final year option for Rip Hamilton at $5mil.

Then traded Deng and Hamilton for Pau. A trade that I think works beautiful for us considering we are not fully sure about Kobe for the first couple months.

That would put the Bulls at $58mil in cap.. They could resign Nate. And put the full-MLE for JJ Redick or try to get Korver back (a weakness that they desperately have).. And then fill the bottom of their rotation with veterans.

I think the Bulls will have to make a move regardless of how far they go in the playoffs for this offseason. If they don't clear room, they will lose Nate Robinson. And will likely lose out on getting a JJ Reddick or Korver which they need because they can't offer $5mil. When you offer $5mil you are capped at $4mil over luxury ($74mil). Bulls are at $73mil in committed salaries next year.. The only team that may trade for Boozer is the Raptors for Bargnani. If they simply amnesty Boozer then they lose their rotational advantages of rolling their defenders to the necessary matchups (i.e. Taj on Ray Allen). Also unfortunate for the Bulls, Boozer helps them a lot offensively. They are already meh on offense. If they lost Boozer for nothing, they'd be awful. And as well all know Pau is much better offensively. Also going with Butler over Deng is saving $13million for a player that can do the same job, and needs the room to develop.

Guards: Rose, Nate Rob, Reddick, Heinrich, Teague
Forwards: Butler, Gibson, Pau
Center: Noah

Would give them a better offense, and still a solid defense with a guy who is a genius to push them to elite status.

On our side...

We would then likely amnesty MWP, or keep him around if we can't keep Earl, which seems likely that Earl would be back. .

Nash/Blake/ Morris
Kobe / Meeks / Hamilton / Goudelock
Deng
Clark
Howard / Hill / Sacre

Then we'd still have the mini-MLE to go after someone. I would like another perimeter defender. I'm extremely high on Dorell Wright who is a combo forward, and no change in roster will change that. Would make us a smaller team, but we'd be much younger, better defensively, without sacrificing our cap flexibility. Despite what some may think Blake & Hamilton could be decent trading chips in exchange for a better backup PG come the trade deadline.

Just to put us back on track for our Dungeon of Ideas :lol:

That's a good one. I was just thinking about this the other day. With Deng being out and the emergence of Butler, the Bulls are definitely going to be looking to shopping Deng around this summer. Butler has been great for them at a very low cost. As for Boozer, they'll have a difficult time trading him. I'd rather have Boozer than Bargainai.

But a Pau for Deng trade can make some sense, thats good possibility. Just as long they amnesty MWP like you said.

someone needs to ask pau if hes also going to proceed to regenrate some balls back into that scrotum of his...

:lol:

I think his baby brother stole those away from him. Yeah, I can't wait to read Phil's book. During Dr. Buss's funeral, Phil had a jab towards West talking too long. I think it was a power struggle between the two. Then of course, there's Jimmy Buss. I'm sure Phil will have that in the book but it could mean he won't be coaching us anytime soon.

I took those jabs during the memorial as playful. But in a working environment these two can't get along. We all know how Phil is, and I think Jerry West looked at it as Phil being "high and mighty."

I know Phil pushed really hard to trade Kobe for Scottie Pippen in 1999-2000, and I don't think West was too keen on someone trying to do his job and influence his area of the team. So he got fed up.

Sidenote: wanting to trade Kobe for Scottie Pippen shows how good Phil will be if he gets a management position :lol: "Phil, fix the Nets!" "Well, we need more veteran leadership. Someone I can trust. So I'm trading Deron for Derek Fisher."

Last edited:
idk why but Im still hoping we get PJ

like only the lakers can just give him a job with the lakers :smh:

I seriously dont understand why everyone is so obsessed with getting PJax...it baffles me

1st everone was clammering for him to be the coach when he has been saying in so many ways he doesnt want to coach
since last year...its plain as day now...but it was even obvious that he didnt want to coach when the Lakers chose Mike D
Phil didnt really want to coach

Now people just want Phil in the FO just to have him there, which is stupid. He has no credentials for making player personnel moves
And the suggestions he has made in the past have been horrible...us Lakers fans need to let the ghost of Phil Jackson go....move on
PJax isnt the only coach that can coach us until the end of time....and if he aint talking about coaching i aint tryna hear that noise

Random thought: did Shaq's jersey ever get fixed in the rafters?

This year was so messed up that we couldn't even get that right :lol:

That's a good one. I was just thinking about this the other day. With Deng being out and the emergence of Butler, the Bulls are definitely going to be looking to shopping Deng around this summer. Butler has been great for them at a very low cost. As for Boozer, they'll have a difficult time trading him. I'd rather have Boozer than Bargainai.

But a Pau for Deng trade can make some sense, thats good possibility. Just as long they amnesty MWP like you said.

They'd almost have to amnesty Boozer..

And it makes sense for the Bulls because if they keep both Deng and Boozer, they will not be making any moves in the offseason. That includes losing Nate who will get a nice contract, and missing out on Reddick or Korver, who they desparately need (Reddick over Korver IMO).

Lakers need perimeter Defense. They need youth, and need a stop gap for Kobe.. Deng and Hamilton do that. Well minus Hamilton in youth. But if Kobe's out for 2 months (I doubt he will be). Then you can run Rip & Meeks as the 2 guards, as opposed to having to double up Blake & Nash on the court.

Risk would be all on the Lakers though. They will lose their height, and will have to go small ball. But it really is what the Lakers need at this point.. And if you need to, you amnesty MWP (or keep him if they lose Clark) and try to go after Jermaine O'Neal for insurance along with going small.

Based on this past season, Lakers can't really have too many players. :smh:

Bright side is that the amnesty period is middle of July, so it gives them time to get things in place if need be.

Last edited:
Noble you fool :lol:

Can you tweet that to him? :nerd:

yeah someone do it

Gasol should have worked on his body last summer instead of playing for Spain. Dude was going hard in the olympics :smh:

So many excuses. Needs more touches. The offense is not being run correctly. Kobe is ballhogging too much. and now Patellar tendons? I thought it was his feet that had problems this year :smh:

He is gonna be trash again next year.

I'm sure Kobe will shed tears of happiness if Deng ends up in a Lakers uni.

Only reason why he didnt want to go get traded to the Bulls was cause of Deng leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom