[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
After studying how Memphis were able to beat a fast athletic team like OKC or Clippers. I have come to conclusion that you need bigs who can shoot freethrow, pass and have good hands.

Marc Gasol and Randolph are not only good passer/ post players but both have great touches and OKC big men can't afford to foul them because they can shoot freethrow.

I don't think Dwight will ever be the answer for this team. He is too limited offensively and have terrible hands.

We need Gasol to be the 5 and get a 4 who can pass as well as scoring. A guy like Kevin Love would be perfect for us.

You can't foul Gasol and can't foul Love.

Love can score, has good hands and can pass. A combo of Gasol and Kevin Love in the front court would be awesome.

Unfortunately i don't think we can land K love. :smh:

Last edited:
He can score, has good hands and can pass. A combo of Gasol and Kevin Love in the front court would be awesome.

You have to know that that team cannot beat the Clippers or Grizzles or the Spurs or the Thunder.

Reason
Would be AWFUL defensively.

Last edited:
After studying how Memphis were able to beat a fast athletic team like OKC or Clippers. I have come to conclusion that you need bigs who can shoot freethrow, pass and have good hands.

Marc Gasol and Randolph are not only good passer/ post players but both have great touches and OKC big men can't afford to foul them because they can shoot freethrow.

I don't think Dwight will ever be the answer for this team. He is too limited offensively and have terrible hands.

We need Gasol to be the 5 and get a 4 who can pass as well as scoring. A guy like Kevin Love would be perfect for us.

You can't foul Gasol and can't foul Love.

Love can score, has good hands and can pass. A combo of Gasol and Kevin Love in the front court would be awesome.

one of them has to be defensive player of the year

You have to know that that team cannot beat the Clippers or Grizzles or the Spurs or the Thunder.

Reason
Would be AWFUL defensively.

That's why we only need one or two good perimeter defender and it would complete the puzzle.

Look at Memphis. Outside of Tony Allen, there's really no other true good defender.

If we amnesty Metta. We need to pick up a good defender to help Kobe.

Get rid of Nash too while they're at it.

09 Lakers and 10 Lakers didn't have Howard and we played pretty good defense.

Unlike this year where we get no offense production out of Howard. If we have K love, other teams actually would have to guard our front court. You can't foul Gasol and you sure as hell can't foul K love. That would open up so much room for Kobe.

The team still need to improve the bench too though.

Last edited:
1. No one is taking Nash.
2. Go ahead and amnesty MWP. There goes your second best defender.
3. Marc Gasol was DPOY. Prince is a solid defender. The entire team plays a thing called Team Defense.

They led the league in OPP PPG. 3rd in OPP FG%. 2nd in OPP 3P%. Lead the league in OPP Reb. 4th in steals. Tied for 6th in forced Turnovers. The worst thing I saw was blocks which was 12th.

Memphis is an extremely good basketball team on defense.

1 solid defender out there means absolutely nothing... When you have 3 guys (33, 34, 40). And add a 25 year old all of which are bad on defense.

I also wouldn't go around saying the Grizzles are a great offensive team.

Last edited:
Give me 2010 Finals Pau for all of next season and I'll be fine with him back here.
while we're at it, how about 2010 conference finals kobe, ron, and nash... and how about 2009 finals dwight

tired.gif

As far as the Grizzlies are concerned: Allen is an elite defender. Conley can get bullied a bit because he's a short and slight of build, but he's incredibly quick and plays the passing lanes well. Prince has lost a step, but his length and IQ are still assets defensively. Pondexter is athletic, long armed and young which all adds up to him being a decent defender. Bayless isn't anything more than average defensively. So collectively, the Grizzlies' perimeter players are quite good defensively. It's not just Allen.

And of course, it helps having Gasol waiting in the back line just in case they make mistakes.

Last edited:
In reply to Essential:

TA is their best defender imo. Prince is not the defender he use to be anymore. Gasol got a lot of helps from TA. Imo the DPOY should have been TA. No way Marc Gasol is a good one on one defender.

Yea Memphis play great defense because that's their memo.

I didn't say we amnesty Metta for nothing. If we do amnesty him. I hope they sign a legit perimeter defender.

Get rid of Nash for draft pick and cash. Sign an overseas young point guard. Hey Houston came up with Patrick Beverly. We should do better.

Or just go get someone like Nate Robinson.

Nash can't stay healthy and can't move laterally anymore. Dude is beyond done.

Last edited:
In reply to Essential:

TA is their best defender imo. Prince is not the defender he use to be anymore. Gasol got a lot of helps from TA. Imo the DPOY should have been TA. No way Marc Gasol is a good one on one defender.

Yea Memphis play great defense because that's their memo.

I didn't say we amnesty Metta for nothing. If we do amnesty him. I hope they sign a legit perimeter defender.

Get rid of Nash for draft pick and cash. Sign an overseas young point guard. Hey Houston came up with Patrick Beverly. We should do better.

Or just go get someone like Nate Robinson.

Nash can't stay healthy and can't move laterally anymore. Dude is beyond done.

WE CAN'T AFFORD THOSE PLAYERS..

I really don't think you're thinking this one through..

Also offensively... Gasol's assists were greatly benefited by having Dwight.. He will not be doing that with Kevin Love. Not discounting Pau's passing ability, but having someone to throw the ball up to is a big part of how Pau gets easy assists, and having Bynum before Dwight.

Offense wasn't our problem. Dwight did just fine offensively..

It was the other side of the ball that had us the 7th seed, and swept in the first round.

Last edited:
What do you mean we can't afford those players? I thought once we amnesty someone. We would have he free up some salary cap room and then can go sign another player no?

You're telling me we can't afford Nate Robinson?

Last edited:
Wait what Dwight did fine offensively?

I can't count how many time this year where Dwight Howard has under 15 points and a bunch of turnovers because he can't catch the damn ball when it get below his waist.

And when he was at the freethrow line. That was just ugly to watch.

He never did fine on offense man. A game or two don't mean crap.

It's easy to defend Howard. Team would just crowd him or foul him.

And the Lakers got no real shooters to compensate Howard lack of low post offense. It was just too easy for other team.

Last edited:
What do you mean we can't afford those players? I thought once we amnesty someone. We would have he free up some salary cap room and then can go sign another player no?

You're telling me we can't afford Nate Robinson?

We're at $90million in salary. No freeing up salary cap. We're $30mil over the salary cap. Amnestying MWP just gets us paying less luxury tax.

We have a little over $3mil to sign 1 player (or you can split up the $3.1mil among multiple signings).. And the Veteran's minimum

Nate Robinson is going to get paid. Remember when John Salmons had that huge playoffs, and then got paid. Think that for Nate. He may not get $8mil, but he'll definitely get $4mil.

Wait what Dwight did fine offensively?

I can't count how many time this year where Dwight Howard has under 15 points and a bunch of turnovers because he can't catch the damn ball below his waist.

And when he was at the freethrow line. That was just ugly to watch.

And how many times did Gasol throw the ball away with stupid passes.

Dwight averaged 17 points per game. His worst season he was 2nd in FG%. He's limited offensively, but gets his job done.

Also in 49 games.. Pau scored 14 or less points 28 times. Dwight 28 times 14 or less in 76 games...

In the 28 games where Dwight scored 14 or less he only shot over 10 times twice. Of the 28 games where Pau scored 14 or less he shot more than 10 shots 17 times.

We're at $90million in salary. No freeing up salary cap. We're $30mil over the salary cap. Amnestying MWP just gets us paying less luxury tax.

We have a little over $3mil to sign 1 player (or you can split up the $3.1mil among multiple signings).. And the Veteran's minimum

Nate Robinson is going to get paid. Remember when John Salmons had that huge playoffs, and then got paid. Think that for Nate. He may not get $8mil, but he'll definitely get $4mil.

Are you sure? We got to have more room that that.

As far as that 3 millions. We can negotiate that 3 or 4 mils with Nate.

Once we get rid of Nash for pick or cash. That would free up some room too.

Dwight averaged 17 points per game. His worst season he was 2nd in FG%. He's limited offensively, but gets his job done.

Also in 49 games.. Pau scored 14 or less points 28 times. Dwight 28 times 14 or less in 76 games...

In the 28 games where Dwight scored 14 or less he only shot over 10 times twice. Of the 28 games where Pau scored 14 or less he shot more than 10 shots 17 times.

Im not sure how many time Gasol threw the ball away but i don't think he got more turnovers than Dwight. If im correct Dwight is #1 turnover for center.

Like many people have said. Dwight is not a go to guy. He's prone to turnover and suck at free throw.

And we gave the ball to the wrong guy in the post. The ball has to go to Pau in the low post not Dwight

Gasol had to shoot that many jumpshot away from the rim because Dwight took his post up spot.

Are you sure? We got to have more room that that.

As far as that 3 millions. We can negotiate that 3 or 4 mils with Nate.

Once we get rid of Nash for pick or cash. That would free up some room too.

There's no more room.. Unless you want to amnesty Kobe.

Again.. No one is taking Steve Nash. Especially not 2 year $18mil for a 40 year old. Not even Toronto.

Nate is not going to take $3mil when he would get at least $4mil, and most likely around the $6mil range.

Im not sure how many time Gasol threw the ball away but i don't think he got more turnovers than Dwight. If im correct Dwight is #1 turnover for center.

Like many people have said. Dwight is not a go to guy. He's prone to turnover and suck at free throw.

And we gave the ball to the wrong guy in the post. The ball has to go to Pau in the low post not Dwight

Gasol had to shoot that many jumpshot away from the rim because Dwight took his post up spot.

Gasol has 2.1 to Dwight's 3.0. Dwight was T-1 in Center Turnovers. Gasol T-6 for PFs. You know who has more turnovers than Gasol... Kevin Love.

Also Pau was the exact same %s of shots he had the year before in terms of shot distribution.

Also shots in the Restricted Area Dwight 65%. 39% in the rest of the paint Pau 64% in the restricted area. 36% in the rest of the paint.

Last edited:
Come on man you know those stat are misleading. % in restricted areas etc could be dunks off alley oops or off from a rebound. We watched the games.

Gasol is still a much better low post player than Dwight Howard.

To me i prefer Gasol to get the ball on low post offense. Occasionally get Howard some touches here and there but majority he nee do to play Deandre Jordan role. Clean up the glass, play defense and rebound, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom