[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kobe Bryant, Lakers to face Dwight Howard on Nov. 7

As Kobe Bryant rehabilitates his torn Achilles tendon, there will undoubtedly be a date circled on his and the Los Angeles Lakers' schedule: A Nov. 7 trip to Houston to meet the Rockets and center Dwight Howard.

The NBA is expected to release the schedule in the next several days, but Yahoo! Sports has learned the Lakers and Rockets will meet for the first time within the season's first week at Houston's Toyota Center.

There's belief that Bryant could be ready to start the season, but he still has hurdles to complete in his rehabilitation process from the injury he suffered in mid-April against the Golden State Warriors.

Howard left the Lakers in early July to sign a four-year, $88 million maximum contract, and his departure left no doubt about the acrimony between the two stars. After Orlando traded Howard to the Lakers a year ago, his season in L.A. was filled with tumult, and ultimately led him to join the Rockets.

With Howard joining James Harden and a strong supporting cast in Houston, the Rockets have become legitimate NBA championship contenders.
Link

This just gives more incentive for Kobe to return sooner. :smh:

Anyone have a good photo of the Game 7 Alley Oop with Kobe and Shaq in it?

I'm trying to create a list of 10 big moments in pictures in Lakers history... I'm thinking/looking at what to put 5 ideas so far.

Kobe 81 walk-off
2000 Game 7 WCF Alley Oop
Magic Skyhook vs. Celtics 87 Finals
Kobe chasing the ball Game 7 2010 Finals (not the sideview)
Derek Fisher .4 shot (No I won't use the Horry one :lol: )

I'm open to suggestions

Last edited:
kobe is going 60/50%/11/11 on christmas day. you heard it here first.

Guy playing for his career.. We have like 5 of those guys already...

Low risk team that has dangerous motivation.. BUT expectations can't be too high.
Might be the best of the worst. If LO isn't mentally straight then I think I'd rather take my chances with Daye. At least he's younger and could stretch the floor better

To me..LO is the 1st option cuz of the experience and versatility. .daye, a local boy and quintessential pringles player...is a last resort at acquiring length..dude is 200 lbs though. There will be 2 or 3 summer league camp invites but none will have length. So I say get one of daye or LO.

Anyone have a good photo of the Game 7 Alley Oop with Kobe and Shaq in it?

I'm trying to create a list of 10 big moments in pictures in Lakers history... I'm thinking/looking at what to put 5 ideas so far.

Kobe 81 walk-off
2000 Game 7 WCF Alley Oop
Magic Skyhook vs. Celtics 87 Finals
Kobe chasing the ball Game 7 2010 Finals (not the sideview)
Derek Fisher .4 shot (No I won't use the Horry one :lol: )

I'm open to suggestions

What mean won't use the Horry one? Why in the world not?????

The better game 7 pic is Kobe on the table with confetti falling. Ala VY in the Rose Bowl.

Van Exel 3 over Payton, or Van Exel 3 to end Boston Garden.

James Worthy dunking

Pau face game 7.

Fish shot in 09

Ariza dunk vs Suns.

Kobe dunks on Nash, Dwight, Yao, Duncan. Pick one.

Shannon block.

Scott rising up for 3

Perkins 3 in 91, even better, Magic pointing to clock vs Port 91 WCF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom