[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and Kobe needs to go somewhere and sit down
Chill out BRUH, but that's what having a heart of a champion gets ya

:lol: at the league giving the Lakers the Clippers, Warriors and Spurs to start the season. There will be blood.

Last edited:
:lol: at people acting as if the GS is an automatic loss for us, yes they had a good showing in the playoffs but that was last year no guarantee it carries over.

They won't exactly 2 more games than we did :smh: and we had a dreadful start to the season.

They lost Jack who was a major part of last years success and who knows if Iggy will gel with them, or if Mark Jackson can repeat the success from last year because I'm sure people won't be sleeping on this team again this year.

I'm not understanding why people assume everything will go right for all the other teams but ours , were not the only team that had injuries or lost key players to free agency. So why do all the other teams get the benefit of the doubt but not us ? Especially considering that we made the playoffs last year despite all the madness that occurred.

Could it be, I dunnooooo, that Curry, Klay AND Barnes all will continue to improve, as they are not 33, 35, and 40 years old like our 3 best players?

Iono, just throwin it out there.

And they lost Jack, but gained Iguodala.....I mean, I like Jack......but, uhhh *shrugs*

And then you have Lee and Bogut, still. We have Kaman, and Nick Young.

Yeah, no I hear ya, we're right there with that squad. Our roster should grow at the same rate theirs will.

Or, not. :lol:

If Kobe comes back for opening night.... Either A.) he didn't tear his Achilles or B.) he's gonna have cloudy piss this season

If Kobe comes back for opening night.... Either A.) he didn't tear his Achilles or B.) he's gonna have cloudy piss this season

Ehh, he posted a vile picture of his achilles split wide open while doctors were working on it. Makes me cringe thinking about that pic :x

Ahhh CP the resident know it all checking in to set the pessimist tone for the season, right on cue.

Could you dig thru those crates of files and tell me why Portland will finish ahead of us this year ? They won 33 games last season so where will they get this 10-15 game increase to make the playoffs ? Lillard gonna grow that much ?

Face it , being realistic is one thing but you're lookin for reasons tor us to fail :smh: ...if I ain't know better I'd think your SN got hacked.

You speak with such certainty about things you can't possibly know or control it's becoming hilarious, I'm not certain we'll be ok but I can definitely see it happening. You on the other hand are so certain we'll stink you won't even entertain the though that we might have a good season :rolleyes.

Again where did u predict the Spurs to finish last year , and did you honestly think they had a chance in hell to make it to the finals ? Srs question

The Blazers' young players should improve, their bench got deeper and they probably won't go on a 13 game losing streak/tank job like they did this past season.

^^^

Exactly my point , you see how P says they "should" improve or "probly" won't have a 13 game losing streak ?

Prime example of assuming good things will happen for another team but can't happen for ours :smh:......why ...why ?

Other teams get a maybe or could be but no not us , were gonna stink it up bottom line end of story...seems like we're biased against our own team damn.

^^^

Exactly my point , you see how P says they "should" improve or "probly" won't have a 13 game losing streak ?

Prime example of assuming good things will happen for another team but can't happen for ours :smh:......why ...why ?

Other teams get a maybe or could be but no not us , were gonna stink it up bottom line end of story...seems like we're biased against our own team damn.
I mean, I get it but look at the teams.

The Blazers at least have upside on their side and in my opinion, a better supporting cast. Lopez, Aldridge, Batum, Matthews, Lillard, Leonard, Robinson, Wright and McCollum projects to be a solid team.

I just don't get that feeling with a Kaman, Gasol, Young, Bryant*, Nash, Hill, Johnson, Blake and Farmar team.

But in reality, I see both teams records being within 6-8 wins of each other. So it's more or less a moot point to me.

Last edited:
Just got ESPN insider so I'll post Laker related articles when I can if y'all want em

Gasol expects increased role

By Nick Borges | ESPN.com
The Los Angeles Lakers' offense was in disarray for a good portion of 2012-13 as head coach Mike D'Antoni couldn't mesh the talents on the team and several players didn't know their roles. Pau Gasol suffered the most last season with Dwight Howard in the post and heading into 2013-14 he's looking to take back his role as a primary score near the basket.

“It was at times frustrating because of the reality of that specific situation,” Gasol told ESPNLosAngeles.com. “Obviously the franchise wanted Dwight to stay and everyone, or a lot of people, tried to make him comfortable and please him at times.”

D'Antoni says Gasol, heading into the final season of his contract, will get the ball a lot more in the post.

"There was just a lot of factors last year that won’t come up this year," D’Antoni said. "I even told (Gasol), you make decisions based a lot of times on the future that probably, if you were just doing the competitive, basketball thing, the decision would have been something else."

Chris Kaman takes Howard's spot as the starting center this coming season and the way he plays suits Gasol, which should also factor in a resurgence for the Spaniard.

Kobe on track for season-opener?

By Joe Kaiser | ESPN.com
The biggest concern for the Los Angeles Lakers next season has nothing to do with Dwight Howard. It has to do with how much of the season Kobe Bryant will miss while recovering from the ruptured Achilles’ tendon injury he sustained back on April 12. The initial timetable for his return was six-to-nine months, but according to Kobe an early return could be possible.

Kobe spoke to NBA.com while on a tour in China, and revealed that he feels like he's very much ahead of schedule. "The surgical procedure was different [...] and because of that the recovery has been different,” Bryant said. "The normal timetable for recovery from an Achilles, we've shattered that. Three-and-a-half months I can already walk just fine, I'm lifting weights with the aAchilles just fine and that's different. So we don’t know what that timetable is going to be. It's kind of new territory for us all.'"

Obviously, there is still right around three months to go before the season opener and much can change between now and then -- Kobe could have a set back, for example. And even if he doesn't, he'll still need to be cleared by doctors to return to the court. But if the Lakers are going to have any chance at the playoffs in the tough Western Conference next season, Kobe's 18th in the league, they're going to need their superstar to not only play, but play at the star level he always has in L.A. Even considering the positive news regarding his recovery, that's going to be a mighty tall task given the nature of the injury.

Landry and the Lakers

Free agent forward Marcus Landry played well for the Los Angeles Lakers during the Las Vegas Summer League as he averaged 15.2 points. Landry was hoping for a training camp contract and that's what he got. Landry tweeted Wednesday afternoon: "I thank God for this Opportunity to be apart of a great organization #lakers #HardWorkPaysOff #itsallGod"

The Lakers will sign him to a minimum contract and Ramona Shelburne of ESPNLosAngeles.com adds:"Landry's deal with the Lakers will have a small guarantee. More of a camp invite. But Lakers do like him."

The signing of Landry will give the Lakers 13 players under contract for 2013-14. The roster will increase to 14 once second pick Ryan Kelly signs his minimum deal.

Kupchak won't tank season

Many in the media and a good portion of the fan base believe it's best for the Los Angeles Lakers to tank the upcoming season so they can have a high pick in the highly anticipated 2014 NBA draft. Well, general manager Mitch Kupchak doesn't feel that way and he's trying his best to assemble a team that can compete for a playoff spot in the West.

"You know that's not our plan. Our plan was to bring back Dwight Howard and that would have sky-rocketed our payroll," Kupchak told the Los Angeles Times. "That's never a plan here with our fan base, to throw in the towel before the season begins. We always try to win, and that's what we're going to do this year. ... We're hopefully putting ourselves in position where we can compete in every game."

While Kupchak is hoping to compete for a playoff spot, a good number of NBA pundits don't think they'll make the 2014 post-season. ESPN Insider Kevin Pelton is in the group that has the Lakers as a lottery team.

Last edited:
Kobe spoke to NBA.com while on a tour in China, and revealed that he feels like he's very much ahead of schedule. "The surgical procedure was different [...] and because of that the recovery has been different,” Bryant said. "The normal timetable for recovery from an Achilles, we've shattered that. Three-and-a-half months I can already walk just fine, I'm lifting weights with the aAchilles just fine and that's different.

Kobe on that A-Rod ****. :lol:

or he's made of adamantium.

Last edited:
Saver, what Portland got to do with G State?

Now to answer the question (cuz I'm a nice guy) I never said Portland was ahead of us for sure. I said they are in the mix for that 7-8 spot. Not one time did I say print playoff tickets, or locks, etc. In. The. Mix.

Now, that sound like how I broke down GS? Nope. Cuz Port don't got Curry, Klay and Barnes. Simple.

Spurs, coming off best record in 11-12, 10-0 start to their playoffs, I had them in the playoffs, as usual. Locks for the Finals? No way. But in the playoffs.

Now, tell me. What the hell do any of those squads got to do with us? :lol:

Do we have Pop? Curry/Klay/Barnes? LMA/Lillard/Batum + the 10th pick?
We can match Durant/Russ/Ibaka?
Harden/Dwight/Parsons?
Marc, Conley, Randolph, TA?
CP3, Blake, Doc Rivers?

I mean, why should I feel optimistic with Kobe rushing back from a ripped achilles 4 months early, Nash turning 40, Pau fallin off for 3 years?

Be real guys. Hope, surely. Give it the ol "college try". But don't be blind. We can make a run at the 7-8, all we need is perfect health, Kobe to have ZERO fall off, Nash to think its 2006, Pau to think its 2009 and our role playing core to be flawless. We do that, we're the 7 seed, no doubt.

And P seems to be saying similar things as I, only with gentler words. And not a one of us knows this game better than that dude. He's an Encyclopedia of basketball.

^^^

Youth/upside v old. Simple.

Our ceiling is low because of age.
Young teams make LEAPS, see late 90's LA, OKC, Golden State, pre Roy breakin down Portland, etc. They improve greatly, old teams do, not.

Hence, different curves for each team.

Saver gets 2 reps for calling out CP for being the ultimate know-it-all in the most kindest, eloquent, sophisticated, yet sarcastic way possible.

I wouldn't have been able to do it so gracefully. I've been wanting to call CP a know it all in a few of our last arguments/debates but I didn't wanna sound super salty on a sports forum :lol:

And to be fair, i see both sides and I agree with a little bit of both. Portland definitely has the upside with their athleticism and youth, but at the same time there's nothing wrong with hoping for the best while being prepared for the worst.

We all know this season is very capable of going down the drain very quickly. But at the same time nothing's for sure. Kobe on that biogenesis can come back and easily rack is up 30-40 games. With a little help, maybe 45-50. Who knows? It's not likely, we can't stop anyone from scoring. We're not deep and were not very athletic. I see All the cons.

But there's nothing wrong with looking at the cup half full instead of half empty. Why just assume we have no chance? Doesn't that ruin the whole point of sports? Any given day, any given game, anything can happen.

So sure, on paper we should suck very badly. Most likely even. But since when has what's on paper mattered?

Who would of thought Detroit would dominate Kobe and Shaq in their prime? I mean absolutely dominate...not to mention Phil as the coach.

**** happens.
Of course we aren't a contender. But deals can be made. Acquisitions can be had. Injuries to other western teams can very well happen (not that I'm hoping for it). But saver makes a good point when he says anything can happen.

Not necessarily a finals or championship run realistically. But who knows, maybe some chips fall our way and we slide into a 6-5 seed. Or maybe not.

I think his point is why say for sure that its not gonna happen now? If you're gonna think like that then why even waste your time watching this season? Why even watch the games? You're already assuming were gonna lose every game...so why watch? You know? It kind of takes away from the suspense and mystique of sports by acting so certain that you know exactly how everything's gonna play out.

I think that's basically the root of what he's trying to say. He just wants you to say "most likely we will suck and lose many games" instead of "bro be realistic we ain't winning more than 10 games, don't be dillusional, we have absolutely no chance against any team..." Type comments.

Which isn't an unfair request to make as a fan.

My man LTB thanks for the backup...repped.

You nailed it basically what I'm attempting to argue is uncertainty , which is basically the nature of sports....we've all heard it aint over till its over right ?

CP got a new one, it's over before training camp :lol:

Times have changed expectations have changed but can we at least the leave door of possibility cracked that something good might happen ?

Can we at least play 10 games first before we see page after page about how bad were gonna stink up the league and give up 150 ppg ?

If we start out 1-9 then ill get right on board and cry like a baby, but I need to see it happen before I condemn my team dead in the water..that's all I'm saying.

CP you're right though some young teams make leaps but some young teams fall short of expectations or get exposed so it could go either way.

Pointing to the 04 Pistons and 11 Mavs is the 10% side of sports fellas.

I deal in real.

I'm lookin at the 90% side of things. Sorry that cup is more full.

Know it all or not.

I already said hope for best, college try, etc. But realistically, we're going to be in the 90% part of the equation. Doesn't mean we quit, just is what it is.

Last edited:
82 - 0.

srs

not srs. sneak into the playoffs. make some noise. maybe win a championship. not likely but maybe they can shock the world.

I got us with the 6th seed. Call me optimistic or whatever, I just don't think we'll be as bad as people here expect us to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom